PDA

View Full Version : Lord Alan's Basement, Thief2 version.

Lord Alan
27th Jul 2002, 10:59
Released.

Use DarkLoader version 4.1: the package contains .mp3 and .rtf files.

Steal from there: http://devoted.to/Thief
you need Flash plugin

Thanks to Peter Smith, Vanguard and Hawklette for their precious suggestions.
Very special thanks to Nightwalker for helping me in many ways.

Andrea Aleotti

Nightwalker
27th Jul 2002, 12:57
This is a much improved version of Basement. The clues are a little easier (hopefully :D) to figure out and you can even ghost it! The difficulty settings have been changed and it's a fun mission to play. I hope you'll give it a try and then we can sit back and look forward to Lord Alan's Fortress, which is in production. :)

Peter_Smith
27th Jul 2002, 16:49
This one is definitely worth another play. The improvements are subtle but worthwhile. And, as Nightwalker says, the mission is ghostable now. What are you waiting for, Vanguard (or did you play the latest one already) ? :)

Vanguard
27th Jul 2002, 20:11
The provided link appears to use Flash and have me play the mission via the Net. No thanks. When I see a download for it so that I can play it locally then I'll try re-ghosting it.

I do have basement2.zip in which its description says "December 2001 and July 2002" and version 2.

Are there significant changes from the beta version that I already ghosted? (I did submit a ghost report but it was removed since it was still a beta mission at the time.) The only part that I remember that wasn't ghostable was in the sewer-like tunnels where you get to the spiders, sunburst, and fire arrows; couldn't get from one tunnel to the next with splash noise that alerted the gal, archer, and guard above.

Nightwalker
27th Jul 2002, 20:31
There are very signifigant changes that make it totally ghostable, even the water tunnels and the spiders. The site uses flash (whatever that is), but you just download the mission from it, not play it there. It also has links to the screenshots of the next mission, Lord Alan's Fortress and some other stuff. It's nothing to be worried about. As stated, make sure you're using the newest Darkloader so you get the music in the mission. It really adds to the atmosphere. :)

edit: It's now available at Cheap Mission Downloads, so you can pick it up there, Vanguard.

Vanguard
28th Jul 2002, 17:07
Yep, found it just posted at the Cheap Thief Mission Download web site. Downloaded it, ghosted it, reported it. I only had one spot that I couldn't ghost before, in the well because of the splash noise but there's a ledge there now. I even like playing in "Angry Mob" style where you alert every guard and get as many as possible to chase you. Sure makes you think quick and learn to play dodge 'em to run around and through the pack.