PDA

View Full Version : 40 Fathoms, I am stuck once again!

lara croft#2
27th Jul 2002, 02:20
I am at the part where there is four flames in a line leading to a door. Then there's that window showing a shark and a few eels. I've pulled about two or three levers, and there's one that I think doesn't do anything. What do I do next?:(

Aquarius
27th Jul 2002, 02:42
This is a timed run. First you need to find a place in the ceiling (it's actually the floor) where you can pull up into. You'll find a switch. Pulling this will open a door near the flames. Go into the room. This is where the timing starts. Pull the switch in there, and (I think it shows the first set of flames going out. Pull the switch there, and then run to where the cutscene shows the door opening. This I think turns off the next two flames. (but you need to make it there really fast, or else the door with close) After pulling this switch, you need to run back to where you pulled the first switch that turns off the first two flames.

It should be okay to cross the flames now, and open the door.

As for the sharks and the eels (I think they're actually called koi), they're part of a secret. There's another switch in the room somewhere that will open up the door to get the jade dragon statue. :)

Good Luck, and be quick!! :)

lara croft#2
27th Jul 2002, 02:50
Originally posted by Aquarius
This is a timed run. First you need to find a place in the ceiling (it's actually the floor) where you can pull up into. You'll find a switch. Pulling this will open a door near the flames. Go into the room. This is where the timing starts. Pull the switch in there, and (I think it shows the first set of flames going out. Pull the switch there, and then run to where the cutscene shows the door opening. This I think turns off the next two flames. (but you need to make it there really fast, or else the door with close) After pulling this switch, you need to run back to where you pulled the first switch that turns off the first two flames.

It should be okay to cross the flames now, and open the door.

As for the sharks and the eels (I think they're actually called koi), they're part of a secret. There's another switch in the room somewhere that will open up the door to get the jade dragon statue. :)

Good Luck, and be quick!! :)

Is there a button by the door to open the door behind all the flames?

lara croft#2
27th Jul 2002, 02:51
And where's that switch to the secret?

Aquarius
27th Jul 2002, 03:09
If I remember correctly, there's a switch right after the last burner. It's either after, or right on it. But it's right by the door.

Look around the entrance to the room for a switch.

:)