PDA

View Full Version : Thievery UT trouble - please help ASAP!!!

THEthief
27th Jul 2002, 01:24
Hi all;
I just got home about half an hour ago, had to wait for the defrag to finish, restarted the computer, connected to the net, started Thievery, and tried to log onto Leatherman's server - I can't log onto it, or ANY other server; I never have been able to.

It goes like this - I double click on the server name, and, if there's a password, I get the password prompt, enter the correct password (yes, I've double checked), and nothing happens - it reverts back to the normal Thievery UT screen. :(
What's going on?
Do I need the latest patch (which I am downloading as we speak:D)? If I get it, will it work? Your answers will be appreciated!! :)

LeatherMan
27th Jul 2002, 01:31
You need the Thievery version 1.1 patch. You can't join any servers running version 1.1 without it.

LeatherMan
27th Jul 2002, 05:10
Glad you got it and were able to join in. Was fun.

Until next time ...

THEthief
27th Jul 2002, 15:19
Thanks, Leatherman - aye, it twas fun!! :D

Thorin Oakenshield
28th Jul 2002, 14:21
I'm downloading all of this too over the next few days.
At the Mo I'm still a 56k'er:rolleyes: I hope I can play:p :D

THEthief
28th Jul 2002, 16:25
Yeah, I've got a 56k modem, too - the last time I played it worked fine at first, and then, after awhile, it started getting REAL laggy. I think it would have worked better if I restarted my computer, but my mother wanted to use it, anyways. :p

Thorin Oakenshield
28th Jul 2002, 17:03
Just got 5 Meg to go ;) I've been downloading it since this morning:rolleyes: I'm a die hard aint I:D

Now where's that blackjack?:p

EDIT: Part 4 got corrupt:rolleyes: I've gotta download it again:mad: :D

Vesper
28th Jul 2002, 20:10
I DL'd mine on the ol' Dialup in 7hrs 7 min + 4 secs all at once.

Thorin it might be better for ya if you tried it all in one shot. Sometimes the DL'ing in parts won't work right.

Good luck.....and there are lots of us playing with 56K modems so you and THEthief are not alone. I mostly have problems playing Beakout and Korman online where my framerates in single player are bad anyways.

Vesper ;)

clayman
28th Jul 2002, 21:49
OK...somebody speak slowly and distinctly. I want to get in on this action. Tell me how(after I get UT) I get on in this action. GIve me sites and downloads for the latest versions. I want to(finally) give MP a try. :D

theBlackman
28th Jul 2002, 22:07
CLAYMAN
Your EM has been taffed.

Squid
28th Jul 2002, 22:26
www.thieveryut.com I believe is the site... be aware that there's a 120 meg download plus a 5 meg patch download.

Squid

Thorin Oakenshield
29th Jul 2002, 00:09
I've just had a taff around and I like what I see:D
I've patched it and it still works, I'll get familiar with the maps before I try multiplayer.;)

LeatherMan
29th Jul 2002, 01:15
Thorin, come on in and spectate a bit. Get a feel for it that way some too.

theBlackman
29th Jul 2002, 02:03
It's almost 7 PM here (about 1000) EST, and I've been checking every 15 to 20 minutes and the [{{THIEF}}] is not on the active server list.

Am I the only one??

Apache
29th Jul 2002, 02:42
i was up when i left..about 20 minutes or so ..