ah...

sbp
1st Sep 2002, 11:05
PC all the way :D

DaveJ
1st Sep 2002, 14:35
PC and PS2 and Xbox and GC and DC.
:D

Played PE on PC though....I seem to be one of the few people who got it to run perfectly under Windows XP.

mrdefender
3rd Sep 2002, 14:32
lol. i thought I was the only one.

Alot of people think XP gives you trouble running games.

I've never had problems playing a game so far. Except for spider-man the movie game (since it HAD to have specific settings, such as sound acceleration to basic and had to have everything closed in the bg).

I've played Descent 1 & 2 on xp, it works great.

SuzieCroft
3rd Sep 2002, 14:41
Both...

*woo*

mrdefender
4th Sep 2002, 03:49
is the game the same on both systems?

like.. why would someone need 2 copies of the same game (on different systems)?

Unless.. it has multiplayer and they can play with pc users with the new online thing thats comming/came out.. ?

but the game wouldve already had been coded for multiplayer for the ps2.. but they didnt plan to make the ps2 go online when the game came out...

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Skinny Minnie
14th Oct 2002, 16:48
Disgustingly, I own 6 PCs (including my laptop), a PS2, a Gamecube, and a Boat Anchor oops! I mean XBox...:p

mrdefender
14th Oct 2002, 17:17
wow.

I only got 3 computers (i own 2 of em and my dad owns the other one. the 2GHZ for me, the 1.3 for my dad and the 850MHZ for my sis).

Why do u need so many computers?? what do u do?

Oh!

Hi :)

Skinny Minnie
14th Oct 2002, 19:26
I have an extremely old 286, a 386, an old Pentium 200mhz, and I use those for really old/sorta old mainly DOS games... People give me their old machines and I fix 'em up and either give 'em away or keep 'em. The local library loves me. ;) I have my main rig, an Athlon 2100+ with an ATI All in Wonder 8500 128 meg vid capture setup with 1 GIG DDR RAM (I write game reviews for a gaming site and I need the AIW to get the various console screenshots), that I mainly use for PC gaming too. It's running WinXP.

I have a 2nd Athlon rig 1900+ with a GeForce 2 Ultra card in it running Win98SE; it's nice to have a 2nd reference system with different hardware and a diff. vid card in case I run into compatibility issues with PC games- I can "test" a game on each machine...

I also have a very odd duck NEC Powermate 2000 that is a hybrid cross between a laptop and a regular PC; picture a laptop base that doesn't open, with a long neck and LCD monitor permanently affixed to the top flat surface of the laptop body... It's one of NEC's original prototype Powermates. It takes a weird, 90 watt power supply, which is murder to find. Laptops all seem to take the traditional 70 watt power supplies.

Actually right now I also have an 800 mhz machine apart on my bench, plus another 233 mhz in pieces, but I'll fix those and probably sell them in the local papers, especially as I have to buy parts for them. :)

I'm in the computer hardware biz anyway, in case you couldn't tell. Nasty disease. :D

mrdefender
15th Oct 2002, 12:34
hehe :)

Polar_Andromeda
13th Nov 2002, 11:58
All I have is an old '98 pc, a new one from '02, and a laptop from '00. I would have a pc from the early 90s/late 80s, but my parents threw it away w/o telling me. I really liked it b/c it was old fashioned and it was the first computer that I ever had. I had won it in a school contest. Just picture one of those old computers w/ the green lettering and the black background. After that I got a pc from '95, but we sold it later when we updated.
As for consoles, I have a ps2, a nintendo 64, and an old super nintendo.

mrdefender
13th Nov 2002, 19:55
I have a PC I got this year (2002) in april I believe.

The other one I got on April Fisrt 1999, it was a P3 500MHZ (I got it before it came out on the market, from the Children's wish foundation).

And the 3rd one is a P3 850MHZ Athlon (AMD) that my sister has. It can't play any fancy games that require a 3d accelerator but it can do what she wants. We can play UT and RedAlert 2 and such but we won't be playing UT2003 on it any time soon.

Rook
14th Nov 2002, 08:45
I've just got my plain ol' PC that I got in 2001, my PS2, and my two oooold Atari consoles. Wish I would have kept my old Nintendo and my Sega Genesis. Never did care much for the original GameBoy when I got it, though.

:)

mrdefender
14th Nov 2002, 19:06
What nintendo? NES? SNES?

I never tried the non-color gameboy but I had a Color Gameboy which I traded in (with all of my games) when the GBA was a few days before being released. It gave me 350 dollars :) (alot of people were trading in their gameboy's for preorders of the GBA)

Polar_Andromeda
15th Nov 2002, 05:11
Rook, you had a Sega Genesis? What was it like?

Rook
15th Nov 2002, 08:26
Originally posted by mrdefender
What nintendo? NES? SNES?

Just NES. I pretty much got one when they first came out. Never had hardly any games for it, though.

Originally posted by Polar_Andromeda
Rook, you had a Sega Genesis? What was it like?

I honestly didn't play it much before I ended up selling it. I only had two games for it at the time (Spider-Man and another rather forgettable fighting game that came with the console when I bought it). Spider-Man was pretty cool. I do regret that I didn't keep it and get more play out of it. Just another of the many dumb things I did in my younger days... :o :D

mrdefender
16th Nov 2002, 02:17
I had a genesis once. Had all of the sonic games and had the power rangers movie game. Was fun :)

Rook
16th Nov 2002, 07:30
I just wish I could fix my Atari. As simplistic as all the games for that console are, they are classics! :cool: :D

mrdefender
16th Nov 2002, 20:41
Pac-man rocked :)

Rook
17th Nov 2002, 05:43
No matter how fancy games get now and in the future, I think Pac-Man will forever be my favorite game at heart.http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/liebe/liebe019.gif

Then again, there is something to be said for other old games like Missile Command, Pitfall, Demon Attack, and my second favorite Atari game, Joust! :cool: :D

mrdefender
18th Nov 2002, 01:52
I loved bricks. (the 1 player pong-type game)

Rook
18th Nov 2002, 02:15
Bricks? :confused:

Oh, and I'm a bit of a Tetris addict, too... :o :D

mrdefender
18th Nov 2002, 03:21
Both are fun games :)

Hmm. We've been replying to one and other for 30 mins :)

Rook
18th Nov 2002, 03:57
Is that all? I thought it was longer than that. :D

I can't say I've ever heard of Bricks... :o

mrdefender
18th Nov 2002, 06:42
I'm not sure if its the real name, but its a game on my dad's cell.

its like this:

=======
=======
...... o

__

u use the paddle to keep the ball hitting the bricks and u end the level when all bricks are gone.

Rook
18th Nov 2002, 06:44
Looks kinda like Arkanoid (also known as Super Breakout). :)

mrdefender
19th Nov 2002, 00:53
Yeah. Its a fun game.

Rook
19th Nov 2002, 07:09
Ooohh, I'm an Arkanoid (Breakout) addict! I found a really cool version of it online, and I play it quite a lot. There's also a version of the oooold Atari game Joust online, except that it's called Wyvern and it's got some pretty flashy graphics. I play that one a lot, too. :D

mrdefender
19th Nov 2002, 22:53
There's something to be said about the classics :)

(em. thats a retorical comment.. im not adding more stuff on "what" the "something" is.. cause .. well.. ;) )

Rook
20th Nov 2002, 09:51
Well, they're the cute little simplistic games that started it all! I don't think, no matter how flashy the graphics and puzzles get on newer games, I'll ever love another game quite like Pac-Man! :D

mrdefender
20th Nov 2002, 20:42
I haven't played much atari. But I've played alot of NES and SMB 3. (super mario...).

I couldn't get enough of it.

Ofcourse, this was before "saving games" was introduced on consoles. So you had to leave the system on or loose your hard earned work (levels, lives, items, etc... )

Rook
21st Nov 2002, 07:57
Ha ha! Thank God for save games and memory cards! I remember all those times I'd get soooo far into a game, and there was no way to save it, so I would end up either stopping the game and starting again from the beginning later on, or playing it for a ridiculously long time until I finished it. LOL :D

mrdefender
21st Nov 2002, 19:47
I just left it on :)

I think saving games were first introduced in the SNES

Rook
22nd Nov 2002, 07:06
And it didn't cook your NES?! How long did you leave it on for? :eek:

mrdefender
22nd Nov 2002, 18:21
12 hrs.

We never had problems with leaving it on.

We Had thin wood walls.. My mom was playing Super Mario Brothers 3 and she couldnt get pass the World 1 boss.

She got so angry she punched (sideway punch) the wall and made a huge hole in it :)

Rook
23rd Nov 2002, 07:14
Wow! I've played games nonstop for 12 hours before, but I don't think we ever left our Nintendo on that long just to stay at the current level. Of course, I would imagine that consoles that came before the "save game" option were probably made to handle extended use in cases like that.

And LOL for your mom! Now that is a dedicated game-player. To date, I have never punched a hole through anything, and I thought I was a serious gamer! :D

Kind of a pity I can't get anyone in my family interested in playing games. I live with my dad, and he doesn't care for them, my mom doesn't like them, and even if any of my siblings liked them (which I don't think any of them do), I never see them. Oh well... :(

mrdefender
24th Nov 2002, 01:40
My mom gets sick (well. not to the point of sick, but gets nausea) from video/computer games..

My dad can't get enough of C&C Red Alert 2 (with expansion) and UT2003.

My sister spends most of her time chatting with her boyfriend while talking on the phone with her boyfriend...

Yes.. Thats what I said :) (and its the same boyfriend...)

She also likes simple games (like the remade bricks) and such. Her boyfriend is also a crazy gamer. We play alot of Bridge Commander (star trek where you play the captain and you have the bridge :) ) and Ut2003.

My cousin (10-15 minute drive from here) also likes games but we haven't played online together in a LONG time. and even then, it was LAN.

As for my uncle (cousin's father) i doubt he plays any games..

One of my 3 cats likes to type on the keyboard :) so you get alot of asrqnodnasjrlcspcer :) its crazy when u play a game but its wierd when you do homework (or any text project).

;)

Rook
24th Nov 2002, 02:44
hahaha You're lucky. At least you know people that like games! (Even the cat.;)) The only person I know that likes them as much as me is a guy that I work with, who would probably take it the entirely wrong way if I asked him if he'd like to come over sometime and play some video games. :eek: :o :D

mrdefender
24th Nov 2002, 06:45
My computer lab teacher and science teacher played computer games with each other (and em.. more..). They were married, they got divorced and married each other..

Eh. Teacher 1 was married to Partner A , Teacher 2 was married to Partner B. Teacher 1 and 2 divocred A and B and now Teacher 1 and 2 are dating..

So 1-A + 2-B = 1+2 -A -B

oh no! ive turned into a teacher!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :eek: :eek:

Rook
24th Nov 2002, 10:45
If you've turned into a teacher, I'm officially leaving this forum.;) I hated school, and reliving it, even to the extent of adding up 2+2, is far too much agony to bear.:p :D

mrdefender
24th Nov 2002, 20:45
L liked math. Except for all the algebra thing.

its one of those (1 - Y) + 2(3 + X) and youd have to break it down to something like 3 + YX - 2

I didnt mind the 3 + X / Y x 6 Where X = 4 and Y = 2.

That was ok. (heck it was too easy. Like come on, all u need to do is replace the X with 4 and the Y with 2...).

As for my first example, Some of em I could do but some of em were so big It gave me a such a head ache u could see steam comming out of my head > :confused: :)

Rook
24th Nov 2002, 21:57
I wouldn't have really minded algebra so much if I hadn't had a teacher that ran through example problems like lightning and just naturally expected everyone to know everything beforehand and keep up with him. That guy bugged me... :o

mrdefender
25th Nov 2002, 04:47
Well... I guess being "expected" of knowing all this stuff first hand is prety reasonable..

You learn how to read & write in grade 1, so they expect that you know how to read & write in grade 2..

so, basicly, you should know how to do it (after you learned how).

But I agree with ya, some teachers think we're albert einstien and remeber everything about math..

Well.. We're not albert einstein! and we dont remember everything about math! so slow down and refresh our memory!!

chants to rally up members in his protest

Rook
25th Nov 2002, 04:54
Well yeah, but it was a pretty heavy leap from doing relatively basic math to trying to figure out what the heck X and Y were supposed to represent. I could have done better in a lot of my classes, if I had just been given the time.

***joins Defender's protest***

mrdefender
25th Nov 2002, 20:14
keeps chanting with the aid of Rook to rally up even more protesters.

Hmm. I cant think of a good chant.

like those things u say at baseball games "We want a pitcher, not a belly scracther" or something :/

any ideas?

Rook
26th Nov 2002, 07:58
You're asking me for ideas? Jeez, we really are in trouble. :eek: :o :D

I can't think! I can't think! I can't think! AAAAGH!! http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/sauer/sauer010.gif

mrdefender
26th Nov 2002, 19:31
Thats it! Rook your a genius!!!

chants "I can't think! I can't think!"

Get it? The teacher goes too fast and assumes you know it already, you try to think how to do it but u cant :)

Rook
27th Nov 2002, 06:43
Wow! Well then, you're a genius for seeing that when I missed it, Defender!:D

***joins chant***

"I can't think! I can't think! I can't think!"

mrdefender
28th Nov 2002, 04:16

Defender couldn't think so much he forgot what he was chanting for

Rook
28th Nov 2002, 06:04
Oddly enough, I couldn't remember what we were chanting for either. I had to go back to page 2 and re-read it to find out.:eek: :o :D

New chant:
"I really can't think! I really can't think! I really can't think!"

mrdefender
28th Nov 2002, 20:04
lol!!! :D

hard to belive this started out as a outdated poll ;)

Rook
28th Nov 2002, 20:21
LOL Yeah, I'm thinking I ought to kick up a couple more old subjects from the back pages just for fun.

;) :p :D

Runtime
28th Nov 2002, 20:46
Oh sure just use me poll for your mindless conversation. :rolleyes: :p

Rook
28th Nov 2002, 20:54
Uh...well, if you don't mind, of course... :)

Then again, it's not like any of the other threads here have stayed on topic after about the third reply or so. Just look at all the places Maggie's Birthday party and the Time Travel thread have been to and back since they got started. :D

Runtime
28th Nov 2002, 21:06
Look for my New Thread :p

Rook
28th Nov 2002, 21:14
Already found it.http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/aetsch/aetsch025.gif

mrdefender
29th Nov 2002, 07:41
so did I ;)

Rook
29th Nov 2002, 09:47
And cheers to Runtime for being tolerant of the fact that we've pretty much mangled the original subject of this thread.:D

Can I buy ya a root beer? http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/ernaehrung/ernaehrung015.gif

mrdefender
30th Nov 2002, 20:18
:eek: I hate root beer. i think its gross.

I like the regular Coke or Pepsi and 7up (sprite tastes wierd)

Though I was indiferent with softdrinks before I got sick.. I guess chemo changes more than hair loss :)

Being bald at 16, not exactly the best "sweet 16" birthday gift ;)

Rook
1st Dec 2002, 00:29
Well, since I'm buying a round for everybody, here ya go! http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/ernaehrung/ernaehrung008.gif

I'll just have my usual... http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/ernaehrung/ernaehrung021.gif
I honestly only had 3 hours sleep this morning. Thus, the "tired face" coffee smiley. I actually feel pretty good, though. I'll probably be up until 7am tomorrow morning all over again. :D

And I'll have to agree with you about the 7UP/Sprite thing. I love 7UP. Sprite has kind of a funky metallic taste to it, even when it isn't in a can. :eek:

mrdefender
1st Dec 2002, 17:07
I never tasted that. (metallic taste) I just found it was too watery.

You're in one of those loops aren't yah?

You drink coffee cause ur tired, your tired cause u drink coffee (thus cant sleep..)

Rook
1st Dec 2002, 22:30
Nah, I only got a little sleep coz I usually go to bed about 7AM, but yesterday I had to be up by 10AM for work. I had to work a Saturday to make up for the Thursday and Friday I was off of work for the holiday. Pretty much everybody had to do it. I didn't feel too bad, though. I think I actually work better on less sleep. I did a lot of walking, though. Did I mention that the building I'm in stretches between a quarter and a half a mile in three directions?:eek:

My legs felt like rubber by the time I left. :D

Well, that, and I'm probably on the "coffee loop," too.:)

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/ernaehrung/ernaehrung020.gif

mrdefender
2nd Dec 2002, 03:33
ever try decaf? ;)

or one of those low caffein coffee. (sorta in the middle of coffee and defacf)

Rook
2nd Dec 2002, 06:22
Nah, it just seems to taste different. I think it's a psychological thing, since caffiene doesn't actually have a taste on its own.:D

mrdefender
3rd Dec 2002, 01:05
I never drank coffee so i wouldnt know.

All I know of caffeein is in Coke and Pepsi. But theres a difference between coke and pepsi (taste wise).

Rook
3rd Dec 2002, 06:47
Pepsi is too sweet for me. And Coke...well, Coke would be my carbonated beverage of choice if it still tasted the way it did 15 years or so ago. As it stands, every bottle has a different taste. It's like the ingredients aren't measured, they're just thrown in a bottle and occasionally come close to turning out right. I'm more of a 7UP or Squirt person--with the odd Cream Soda or Root Beer thrown in here and there.:D

mrdefender
4th Dec 2002, 01:49
the corner store downstairs has wierd tasting soda.

but its cause the expiration dates are like 5 months over due :)

Rook
4th Dec 2002, 08:06
LOL We used to have a store like that near our old house. It wasn't in business very long... :D

mrdefender
4th Dec 2002, 17:45
I can imagine.

The buisness went pass its expiration date :D

Rook
5th Dec 2002, 08:13
Well, they finally ended up tearing down the entire building it was located in. (It was like a mini-mall.) I really miss it. :(

mrdefender
5th Dec 2002, 22:36
hehe :)

The only reason I would miss ours is cause its close and convinient. the other one is down the street. Its within walking distance but its downhill and (for me in my current condition) its a hell of a steep climb back up.

Personally, I dont need chips that bad. :)

Rook
6th Dec 2002, 08:54
Oh, I dunno. It depends on what kind of chips they are...http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/aetsch/aetsch029.gif

mrdefender
6th Dec 2002, 19:11
I used to like alot of chips; Dill Pickle, S&V, Ketchup, BBQ.

Now I can barely eat stuff like that, its just too salty (for me anyways). I can taste the salt in any brand's flavor (I.e "Lays Dill" or "Hostess Dill" both taste too much like salt).

The only chips I can stand now are Lays Ketchup chips.

PS: S&V = salt and vinigar...

And yes, I know that S&V chips are supposed to taste like Salt, but from what I remember on how they tasted before I got sick and how they taste now, its more like "would u like vinigar with that salt?"...

Rook
7th Dec 2002, 09:15
Ok, this has to be the first time I've ever heard of Ketchup Chips.:eek: Or Dill Pickle chips for that matter. Don't have those around here...:confused:

And I haven't eaten chips in ages--at least not potato chips. I like them, I just haven't bought them. I usually go for my sea salt Bagel Chips or my ordinary multigrain snack crackers.

Boring, aren't I?;)

mrdefender
7th Dec 2002, 17:58
:eek:

Only in america.... you dont have Ketchup and Dill chips ;)

Rook
7th Dec 2002, 22:08
I'm actually kind of glad, too. They sound creepy. :eek:

mrdefender
8th Dec 2002, 01:35
creepy?? You guys have michael jackson and u dare call us creepy?!?!?!?! !!!!!!!

;) :rolleyes:

Rook
8th Dec 2002, 02:07
Gotta admit, you do have a point there...:o

mrdefender
8th Dec 2002, 03:24

Im still suprised u never heard of Dill Pickle or Ketchup chips.

What kinda chips do you guys have over there??

We got the following (that I know of...)

Salt N Vinigar, Regular, BBQ, Ketchup, Dill Pickle, Jalepeno (Halehpeno pepers thing), and the nachos thing like spicy nachos and cheese nachos and regular nachos.

We also have sour cream and onion and Bacon. The bacon one is just nasty.

Rook
8th Dec 2002, 05:47
We've got Salt & Vinegar, BB-Q (and it's many varieties: Mesquite, honey, smoked, etc), regular, Sour Cream & Onion, Sour Cream & Cheddar, and a bunch of others that have slipped my mind coz I haven't eaten potato chips in aaaaages.:o

How about this? http://web.raex.com/~siona/chipflvr.htm

mrdefender
8th Dec 2002, 21:02
Ok. from the list, i can tell u which ones we have. its easier now that i have a list of em :)

Sour Cream & Onions, Barbeque ("spicy" too), S&V, Ranch (but its pringles only), Regular, Ketchup.

I guess we can squeeze salt in. cause regular has salt ... :)

There are some wierd ones on there;

Great britan ones sound wierd, i have no clue what paparika (switzerland) is or masala, prawn and durian are another mystery. turkey sounds nasty.

Ooh! Turkey!! I saw everybody loves raymond on Thanksgiving (USA) and do u know where Debra's parents went? :D

She hesitated to tell Ray cause he'd laugh. Well duh!! They're going to turkey for thanksgiving!!!! :D :D :D

Rook
9th Dec 2002, 00:33
Well I have to say I've never heard of Steak & Onion chip, even though they're on the list for the US. (Must be a West Coast thing.;)) Some of those other ones sound pretty weird, too. (Roast beef & mustard?!:eek: )

And there's something funny about the thought that they have Texas Barbecue flavored chips in Malaysia... :D

mrdefender
9th Dec 2002, 05:59

Any idea what the wierd named ones are?

Oh. wait.. maybe I dont want to know :eek:

Rook
9th Dec 2002, 07:42
I thought a prawn was some kind of creepy sea creature. Paprika is a red spice that, as far as I've ever seen, is only used in small amounts to add color to certain foods (like deviled eggs), coz it's red. I have no idea how Paprika chips might taste, though. And I have no idea how Kebab or Durian & Shrimp might taste.

Some of those other ones just sound creepy.:D

mrdefender
9th Dec 2002, 16:26
oh! I remember paparika now.

It never came to mind before u said the deviled eggs :)

Rook
10th Dec 2002, 10:31
All this talk of food is just making me hungry again.:p

I want some French toast!:D

mrdefender
10th Dec 2002, 20:20
I'm hungry for a BK chicken sandwhich. or a fat albert sub...

Though the name isnt very appealing... :)

I tried a chicken sub and its to die for. its spicy chicken and its a hot sub. its really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really good.

:D :)

What's the saying? Open your mouth, close your eyes and you will get a big suprise.

--- > :o < ---

Rook
11th Dec 2002, 07:20
Really good? Are you sure? ;) :p :D

I'm hungry for a full rack of barbecued ribs, some twice baked potatoes, spinach artichoke dip, and maybe even some Tiramisu! :eek: :D

mrdefender
11th Dec 2002, 22:02
Yah. im sure :)

Gazuneteight.

Rook
12th Dec 2002, 06:06
Originally posted by mrdefender
Gazuneteight.

Got a cold or something? There's always chicken soup.:D

mrdefender
12th Dec 2002, 21:19
ur the one who said Tiramisu :D

Rook
13th Dec 2002, 07:55
And some jokes just fly right over my head... :eek:

:o :D

mrdefender
13th Dec 2002, 17:33
what is tiramisu anyways?

Rook
14th Dec 2002, 07:10
It's that coffee thingy I posted the picture of awhile back. It's a dessert made of cookies soaked with espresso, covered with Mascarpone cheese (which is basically like thick whipped cream) and sprinkled with cocoa, cinnamon, etc...

It's lovely stuff...http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/Smileys/pant.gif

mrdefender
14th Dec 2002, 17:05
oh yah. i forgot about that one. :rolleyes: oops.