PDA

View Full Version : Desires for C3?

Twitch
26th Jul 2002, 18:11
So just curious, anyone have anything for a wish list that they feel would be good in C3?

I've thought about part of a mission being on a huge zeppelin or massive, fictional flying boat either with many decks. Have to be a tad out of scale but could work.

Longshot
26th Jul 2002, 22:04
Personally I think smaller missions are better but a lot more of them like in BEL.

Flying boat? is there such thing now? why would there be a flying boat in WW2?

1shot1kill
26th Jul 2002, 23:11
Ehm, he said fictional. :)

Twitch
27th Jul 2002, 02:14
Sure a flying boat it the Emily you see at Savo Island in which they escape. When the hull is shaped that way the fuselage actually rests in the water. A floatplane rest up over floats and fuselage don't touch water.

Anyhow a really LARGE one with lots of decks- doesn't have to be modeled after real one. Or a big zeppelin.

Longshot
27th Jul 2002, 02:17
why would there be a fictional flying boat in WW2 anyways? this game doesn't take place in the future and realism is what makes the game good.

1shot1kill
27th Jul 2002, 13:17
Ah, so the commandos entering a harbour, stealing a mini-sub and using it to destroy 1 of the biggest warships the germans have is realistic... :rolleyes:

[PAK]Krwawy Lew
27th Jul 2002, 16:33
hehe.....good Point 1shotty.

if the game was to be too realistic then every commando should have carried some Nuclear pills that they swollow in case of danger and become super humans.
and then they could like shoot laser from their eyes.....now that would be the real commandos that excisted durin WW2 :D

You Have Some Cat Turd On Your Lip :D

Longshot
27th Jul 2002, 19:39
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
Ah, so the commandos entering a harbour, stealing a mini-sub and using it to destroy 1 of the biggest warships the germans have is realistic... :rolleyes:

More so than a flying boat.

If you want commandos to be more fictional why not give Tiny the ability to shoot ice out of his index finger, causing his enemy to freeze and become a hugh ice cube. Then he can just go up to them and use his fist to break them into a million pieces....:rolleyes:

Why not have the Commando to a planet called Zimbo and fight aliens with WW2 weapons?

Why not add zombies instead of Germans?...oh wait RCW did that and it was the stupidest part of the game.

Why not have something that can't possibly be done...even today, using a technology that has not even been invented but dreamed up by some fan and add it into the game...oh wait that's what you's rather have 1shot1kill :rolleyes:

Longshot
27th Jul 2002, 19:41
Originally posted by Twitch
Sure a flying boat it the Emily you see at Savo Island in which they escape. When the hull is shaped that way the fuselage actually rests in the water. A floatplane rest up over floats and fuselage don't touch water.

Anyhow a really LARGE one with lots of decks- doesn't have to be modeled after real one. Or a big zeppelin.

That's a plane not a boat.

Twitch
28th Jul 2002, 17:56
OK I say fictional as once an interior is done it will not be accurtate for game play sake. Let's use the prototype Blohm & Voss BV 238 6-engine flying boat that the commandos must take over after stowing aboard as part of a mission. As far as reality goes, there were no zeppelins used in WW 2 and one picks them up in Paris, so an interior of one could be a fictional lay out as well. Didn't use hot air ballons either but they're in the game.

The mini sub idea is a good one 1 Shot.

Flying boats are distinguished apart form just "seaplanes" as I described earlier- Flying boats rest on their hull/fuselage and floatplanes sit above one or two floats. It's just the proper name for them as acknowledged by the aviation world.

I know the P-51 pilot, Urben Drew, who assisted in the destruction of the BV-238V1 prototype (V stands for a German word Versuchs- meaning prototype) on Lake Schaal in 1945 and he also calls it a flying boat.

1 Shot isn't out of line with mini subs. Of course Japan had them and so did the Germans- the Type XXVIIB "Seehund" and the Type K.

The game is a game with mostly accurate content but we can complain that firing rifles at times is inaccurate as the bolt mechanism doesn't cycle realistically when it pops off two shots in 1 second either. ???

1shot1kill
28th Jul 2002, 22:42
Ehm, i was talking about the mission with the minisub in commandos 1.

Longshot
29th Jul 2002, 01:59
Yeah I know mission 13 in C1.

1shot1kill
29th Jul 2002, 11:37
Yeah... i meant Twitch. :p

iakovos
29th Jul 2002, 16:17
How about a secret experimental german high tech base below sea level?

Sounds... futuristic enough.

Iakovos:)

Saadak
29th Jul 2002, 21:04
Okay Iakovos, I'm decided to revoke your talking privlages...

iakovos
29th Jul 2002, 22:17
Crawl back to your tiny hole, saadsomething :p

Mack the Knife
29th Jul 2002, 22:18
i think the way the current game reacts when something is discovered is lame. either the whole freaking camp is alerted or a couple of guys stand around with question marks over their head. good fun in desperados was hiding out from the group of townfolk who discovered you did something wrong and came looking, right doc? i'd like the AI to be a little smarter and maybe deviate or adjust their behavior based on what's going on. have several guys wander around investigating if suddenly one of their buddies is missing, have short term camp lock down or area search if it's discovered the enigma machine is gone. stuff like that. not just stand in the same place or patrol the same ground all the time. i mean, some of that has to remain but a having the enemy react somewhat to situations created by the commandos would be fun. a simple example would be to have the stupid german who left the keys in his truck come running out looking for it once natasha drives it away. maybe you'll have to drive it into an alley to hide it while tiny and lupin get out, double back and ambush the guy looking for it. stuff like that rather than just timing a guys patrol and then knifing him.

1shot1kill
29th Jul 2002, 23:09
Originally posted by iakovos
How about a secret experimental german high tech base below sea level?

Sounds... futuristic enough.

Yeah great idea and how about a secret lab between the clouds, it could be lifted by zeppelins. :p

iakovos
29th Jul 2002, 23:25
Bite me :p

Twitch
30th Jul 2002, 00:26
There was that dome-shaped V-2 base at the Pas de Calais that would make a good mission. And the V-3 London gun and its complex. Either would be good. Instead of the bonus mission where they steal the Zeros they could steal a couple of Me 262 jets this time. Allies would have loved to have gotton their hands on them earlier.

I know what you mean Mack. It seems a bit inconsistant the way some enemies can hear from way off and others are almost deaf. Of course when they all cluster around and look dumb they do make great grenade targets!

I'd like to see another scoring system that you can choose "kill" or "neutralize" so if you're in the mood to slice and dice it will not detract from your score. At least one mission where you are supposted to leave none alive.

Mack the Knife
30th Jul 2002, 00:47
Bite me
good self control ick. i know if you said what you really wanted to say to him you'd be banned :D

DudeItsMe
3rd Aug 2002, 02:19
Have you guys ever considered the fact that the topic of Commandos mission in World War II is not exactly endless? They can't just put in a laser and send you off killing Nazis. They plan this stuff out carefully, and I hope they figure out some way to make a Commandos 3. Improvements? Tougher missions! More characters! More interaction with the map interface! Wouldn't it be cool to do a mission in a crowded city?

1shot1kill
3rd Aug 2002, 16:41
Figure out some way? Commandos 3 has been in production since October.

DudeItsMe
5th Aug 2002, 18:18
These things I did not know. Rembmer, I am a Commandos Forum newbie! Plus, it seems like Commandos 2 hasn't been out that long!

Mike_B
5th Aug 2002, 18:51
Originally posted by DudeItsMe
Plus, it seems like Commandos 2 hasn't been out that long!

It's out since september :p

DudeItsMe
5th Aug 2002, 22:11
Yes, some mission, like Burma, should disable the whole neutralizing thing. Maybe replace it with like amount of enemies killed (Make it percentage based)

Twitch
6th Aug 2002, 15:22
Yeah Dude, that's a good observation. Unless you wipe them all out in Burma you're dead. I remember seeing all those naked Jappers running around at the end since they were released by their buddies. And anyone left alive with a weapon was a threat.

1shot1kill
6th Aug 2002, 16:59
Ever thought about simply hiding the bodies? then they will not get untied by their buddies and by the time they are found you should have finished the mission already.

Twitch
7th Aug 2002, 16:24
Bah! Let 'em fall where they die!

1shot1kill
7th Aug 2002, 22:27
Btw if you want to see some more ideas for C3 check out the C3 section on the TAFN forums, we opened a thread about what people would like to see in C3 a few months ago.

Yakkalot
9th Aug 2002, 06:35
Well the flying boat Idea I said a while back, and why does it have to be fictional?
Like I said when I proposed the idea why not make it a Bv222 viking?

Make it three small missions all one big one sort of thing.

The first part is you're at say Willhelmshaven and you have to sneak onto the flying boat from outside the docks area, then get aboard the plane. Then there's a small mission where theplane takes off and you're inside the plane, hiding from germans, or killing them or what not. The plane then lands in Norway, and you have to get off and kill some general or something who is planning a final blow ambush against the norweigen resistance.

Then you can do a few more missions in norway like in CBEL etc.

Yakkalot
9th Aug 2002, 06:40
Originally posted by Twitch
There was that dome-shaped V-2 base at the Pas de Calais that would make a good mission. And the V-3 London gun and its complex. Either would be good. Instead of the bonus mission where they steal the Zeros they could steal a couple of Me 262 jets this time. Allies would have loved to have gotton their hands on them earlier.

There was a similar mission in Beyond the call of duty, "Eagles nest" or something like that. You had to sneak into a base, blow up a half dozen 262's, an Me163 and steal a He162. There were also Ju188's and 109 clara's to blow up :)

Twitch
9th Aug 2002, 16:34
Like I said the flying boat could be the prototype 6-engine BV 238 only because it was a prototype and larger than the BV 222. Story line could culminate the mission where you must sneak aboard before takeoff and take command of the plane and fly it to England.

I know how we could get rid of Lupin his dog and his rat. There's a mission to attack a V-2 facility and Tiny sticks lupin in the warhead section of a V-2 bound for London with his usual ,"Good!"

Yakkalot
9th Aug 2002, 17:58
How about we stick the warhead up lupin?
That ought to teach the wise arse a lesson :D

Twitch
12th Aug 2002, 18:27
Yeah- papzeal that Lupin!