PDA

View Full Version : Finished COTW

Lord Croft
26th Jul 2002, 11:13
I just finished Psikos excellent custom level.

End results:

Time played: 3.5 hours

Saves: 245 (Is this too much?)

I played all the expert challenges, used only one health and used only pistols (just the two scorpions in the last level were killed by explosive ammo - didn't have much time).

I admit to using some help from Drews walktrough and I posted 2 or 3 questions in the forum but apart from that it was all mine sweat and tears.

Quite a few people were complaining about the timed run but I don't see what was so difficult (I did it in cca 20 tries). The thing I wasted a lot of time on was getting the buggy across the water channel (that ramp is tricky). It took me about 20 minutes to do it and the only way the buggy went across was backwards.

Where did you guys had the most trouble?

CyCro
26th Jul 2002, 11:25
Originally posted by Lord Croft

Where did you guys had the most trouble?

Congratulations!

I would say: where did you guys had the least troubles? :p

With the exception that I haven't had to cross the channel with the buggy. I got the laser by jumping from above in the first level! :)

Rose662
27th Jul 2002, 02:21
Congratulations!

Yes, COTW is a great game. I'm still playing it.

:D

Drew
27th Jul 2002, 18:57
too many to single out one.
Congrats Lord!

psiko
27th Jul 2002, 22:49
if you like to know, I had "difficulties" exactly in every place all of you get "stuck" :D LOL

Example: the second series of floating platforms: that was HARD!... I was thinking I created a "wrong" puzzle, but after a while I was SOOO happy that it was do-able :D

Another passage was that water ramp too, with the BC, well, as I said, there are a lot of passages a little bit "hard" but I did build them for the more satisfaction after you finish them :D (satisfaction which was mine too, as a player) :D

Another: the jump in the empty inside the cathedral when you are going to open the gate for the second BC... actually maybe this was quite impossible the first times, now it is even easy in this version of the game, and a little bit "easier" in the cotw_V3.0 :)