PDA

View Full Version : is bo1 worth buyin a new playstation

Pinkblood
26th Jul 2002, 03:23
New member to the site but have been visiting for about a week now. First off, big fan of the Legacy of Kain series(for about what I've played) and vampire movies,books,games etc.. I am on chapter 11 of BO2 and got halfway through Soulreaver 1 before my playstation broke. But i wanted to know if Blood Omen1 is worht buyin a new playstation for. High Graphics don't make me interested but good gameplay and and a good story do. And does anyone know if Soulreaver2 is coming to xbox? Thanks for any help.

KainSyndrome101
26th Jul 2002, 03:31
Yes... If you can find one cheap. I've seen some PlayStations for $30.00 at BuyRite. If you're really in to the story, then yes, you must get this game. It answers many questions, as do all the games in the series.

And no, Soul Reaver 2 is not coming to the XBox.

Umah Bloodomen
26th Jul 2002, 03:31
Soul Reaver 2 was a Sony exclusive...no word on when the contracted agreement expires. I wouldn't hold your breath on SR2 appearing on XBox anytime soon.

Blood Omen is a dated game (seeing it's been around since 1996) but I feel that its worth it. It will fill you in on a lot of plot holes and how Nosgoth was transformed into it's current state.

BO1 is my favorite game of the series.

Pinkblood
26th Jul 2002, 03:34
thanks a bunch guys and another question do u get to use the soul reaver in bo2? I'm on chapter 11 about 40 percent.

Umah Bloodomen
26th Jul 2002, 03:37
Enter this at the main menu:

L1, R1, L2, R2, square, circle, triangle

Then start a new game and Kain will have the Iron Armour from Blood Omen and the Soul Reaver as well.

Note: You cannot pick up any other weapons, and the Soul Reaver is indestructable.

KainSyndrome101
26th Jul 2002, 03:54
Yes, if you imput the code. But I'm not spoiling the end for you.

Mordred
30th Jul 2002, 20:29
U could always pick up BO1 for the pc if u dont want to buy another PS

blincoln
30th Jul 2002, 20:40
But only if you're running 95/98/ME, since it doesn't run properly for most people on 2k/XP.

TempySmurf
30th Jul 2002, 23:41
Why not just get a playstation 2? You can play playstation games (blood omen and Soul Reaver) and then you can play Soul Reaver 2 as well. ;)

... and Blood Omen works fine on windows 2000 for me..

Iron Head
31st Jul 2002, 16:06
Maybe PinkBlood can't afford a ps2, much like myself.
Also, I believe that Blood Omen for PC is discontinued.

Sue in UK
31st Jul 2002, 19:42
You can get them on ebay for PC ... I've noticed them a few times.

Epsillion
31st Jul 2002, 19:47
No matter how hard I try I cannot get blood omen running on WinXP. Is there any way possibly to get it to work?

EDIT: And YES btw blood omen is worth buying a playstation. But then again I bought a PS2 only because I didn't want to wait the week or so for Soul Reaver 2 to come out on PC.

Umah Bloodomen
31st Jul 2002, 19:53
Originally posted by blincoln
But only if you're running 95/98/ME, since it doesn't run properly for most people on 2k/XP.

darien_specter
1st Aug 2002, 01:11
I thought someone mentioned a patch somewhere once that overcame that XP problem... I hope so, because first chance I get I'm leaving Windows ME in the hellish pit that spawned it...

Epsillion
1st Aug 2002, 04:12
i wish it ran on linux. then i could start boycotting microsoft. after i find drivers for all my hardware that is.

Frankmaster
2nd Aug 2002, 02:28
I thought someone mentioned a patch somewhere once that overcame that XP problem... I hope so, because first chance I get I'm leaving Windows ME in the hellish pit that spawned it...

The Patch is here: http://pub6.ezboard.com/fnosgothfrm9.showMessage?topicID=86.topic

darien_specter
2nd Aug 2002, 10:24
Oh goody!! :D

Apocrypha Roxy
8th Aug 2002, 02:14
I've already got SR2 for the PC, but I'm getting it for PS2 (which I just got today) just for the outtakes & flubs by the voice actors - can't miss that!

Have BO2 for PS2, hopefully getting SR1 for both PC & PS (Why? Because I have a huge collection of games for my PC, and I collect the boxes - sick, yes) and BO1 through my brother in exchange for copies of 2 games I have which he doesn't.

Wait, does BO1 come for PS? :eek:

(faints, goes to LoK heaven, & flaps through the dim sky of Nosgoth with Raz in search of some hapless spectral soul to beat up on - sick, yes)