PDA

View Full Version : Crud! I haven't even started and it hates me!

Danventry
25th Jul 2002, 20:56
I haven't even started DromEding yet and it hates me! I've done some DromEding before, but my computer had it's memory cleared, so DromEd wasn't on it anymore. I download DromEd for T2 and this is the error I get when I try to start it: Index 4 out of range (File: dynarray.h, Line: 379) (Yes to Trap, No to Exit, Cancel to Ignore). What did I forget?

ChangelingJane
25th Jul 2002, 22:51
Couple things: 1) is it an old version of DromEd? (I believe there is a patched DE2) 2) is it in a subfolder instead of the root Thief folder? That's all I can think of, if you're running a good clean install of both T2 and DromEd.

Lytha
25th Jul 2002, 22:52
Uh, sounds as if you did only unzip the patch, not install the dromed from the CD first, in your posting.

First, install the Thief 2 and patch it as usual.
Then install the dromed from the CD.
And then patch it with that online thing.

theBlackman
25th Jul 2002, 23:01
1> Full install of T2
2> Install T2 patch
3> Unzip Dromed into T2
4> Install Dromed enhanced
5> Drom away to your hearts content. :D :D :p

Thorin Oakenshield
26th Jul 2002, 00:05
6> After many crashes and restarts, Carry on Dromed'ing to your hearts content(Before it crashes again:rolleyes: :D ).

Apache
28th Jul 2002, 04:58
7) And when you finally understand it (crash just for fun). Start all over again.:D

Gumdrop
28th Jul 2002, 23:02
8> In about 6 months time when your masterpiece is almost complete, delete all of your previous saves - leaving only your most recent. Then open up dromEd and click on your .miss file. But instead of loading it...(here comes the fun bit) Save! :p

Apache
29th Jul 2002, 06:52
Hey GumDrop..I know that one all to well..but luckily I had a backup on CD i burned for a friend.

Gumdrop
29th Jul 2002, 12:23
Hehe...I lost 6 hours solid work doing that one. I still have a small indentation in the wall where my pen holder was launched. :D

Zaccheus
29th Jul 2002, 12:46
I keep weekly 'off-site' backups of my mission, on my computer at work, just incase.
:)