PDA

View Full Version : TRLR Demo

Arlene
25th Jul 2002, 16:05
Has anyone seen the demo that Playstation Magazine had? I have it, and the other day one of my kids was playing it. It is very different than the actual game. Some of the stuff is the same and some isn't. One example, the guide is with Lara at the beginning of the Lost Library level. And to get into the Lost Library, Lara has to climb up a climbable wall ladder. There are no tin men in the Library area. But there are lots of those skeletons. Anyway, its not the same as in the game.:)

CyCro
25th Jul 2002, 18:36
Yes I've played it. It's not a real level of the TRLR, it just looks like the Lost library but is very simple and quite different. :)

Collin
25th Jul 2002, 19:28
There is also a secret demo in the demo....

Found this on Theresa's (http://web.archive.org/web/20010417075711/www.tombraiders.com/):

An extra level in the Last Revelation Demo! (reported by Jason King)

Hidden in the demo software is a subset of the actual level. There is a lot more to explore. Last I checked on the newsgroup, someone was up to the burning floor.

Experts:
In the DATA directory, replace the file libdem.tr4 with a copy of title.tr4

Non-experts:
First make a separate NEW directory in the DATA directory.

COPY libdem.tr4 and title.tr4 to the NEW directory for safekeeping.

In the DATA directory: Delete libdem.tr4 and rename title.tr4 to libdem.tr4.

Copy the title.tr4 from the NEW directory to the DATA directory. (You need to have both title.tr4 and libdem.tr4 in the DATA directory).
Start to play.

To play the original demo:
COPY libdem.tr4 from the NEW directory to the DATA directory.

CyCro
26th Jul 2002, 11:14
Hey Collin! That's very exiting! Thanks for the info! :)

Arlene
26th Jul 2002, 18:39
Originally posted by Collin
There is also a secret demo in the demo....

Will this work with the demo I have, which is for the playstation? Or is your info for a demo that was on PC?

wriggle
26th Jul 2002, 19:07
Originally posted by Arlene
Will this work with the demo I have, which is for the playstation? Or is your info for a demo that was on PC?

It's just for PC version!! You can't manage files in PS cds!

TheBoo
15th Oct 2002, 15:37
Okay, this is old stuff I know, but I somehow missed it the first time around. I did the file substitution and the level loads, but there is no savegame feature and I seem to have the infamous butt bug (the crowbar is actually a section of Lara's bum). So far I have opened all the doors in the library that can be opened, but haven't collected any artifacts to open other doors except for the broken half which you collect by pushing the jar to the correct spot after being chased by the fire demons. Does the presence of the butt bug mean there's no use playing this level?:(

Collin
15th Oct 2002, 17:10
I have no idea about the butt-bug... Couldn't find any info on it.... Here's (http://web.archive.org/web/20010417075501/www.tombraiders.com/trlr/LostLibrary/News.htm) Theresa's page about the alternate demo. Maybe you'll find some info there! ;)