PDA

View Full Version : AOD Accessibility

dr.feever
25th Jul 2002, 06:55
Does anyone know if an Intell Pentium III 800 Mhz processor will be powerfull enough to run AOD? Or do you think its going to be so far "next generation" that only a newer Pentium III 1000's series or Intel 4 will be needed? Most of the newer games were still requiring Intel III 500mhz's last time I checked. Is anybody else worried that they won't be able to run it, as time goes by with our computers getting older by the day?

Angels can fly because they take themselves lightly, but giant six armed statutes fall because of their gravity. :D

zappmon
25th Jul 2002, 09:31
If you are running 800mhz , I wouldn't worry about it. I cannot see it going over 500 or 600 at the most. From a marketing standpoint , if they set the CPU too high they are taking a big risk. And i'm sure Core has taken this into great consideration when they thought about porting it out to PC. If anything , i can maybe see higher video and memory requirement's. Especially virtual memory.I really don't think they would cut their own throat's by setting outrageous requirement's on a game they are banking on ,as being their next cash cow.They need to sell it , not have it sitting on the shelf waiting for everybody else to get faster machines.But this is just my opinion ,based on what i've seen of the next-gen games that have been coming out lately.