PDA

View Full Version : Kid Garrett?

Old Gold
24th Jul 2002, 21:59
I wonder if that was Apache's Kid Garrett over at TTLG the other day? I tried to stick up for him, but when I came back, I couldn't find the Thread!

I hope he is OK.

BrokenArts
24th Jul 2002, 22:41
I saw the thread as well. Yes, Kid Garrett, one in the same. The thread is still there BTW. Those people don't realize his age, which is a shame too. I almost spoke up, why bother. Didn't feel anyone would listen anyway.
He is fine though, Apache knows about it too.

Apache
25th Jul 2002, 00:20
yup one and the same. i tried warning him about the people over there..but he insisted that he wanted to post over there.

Squid
25th Jul 2002, 07:22
For those of us who don't frequent TTLG, (for apparently this exact reason,) what exactly happened?

Squid

RiCh
25th Jul 2002, 07:51
I like many of the people on the TTLG, but unfortunately it also seems to have its fair share of fools. I personally don’t want to know, or care about the thoughts of idiots who take pleasure in upsetting a young Thief fan who’s probably done more for the Thief community than they ever will!

Nightwalker
25th Jul 2002, 12:58
I like TTLG and moderate the FM forum, but I wouldn't post on the Community Chat forum there. I don't like the atmosphere there at all. KidGarrett could easily get his feelings hurt, especially if they don't know that he's really a kid!

The FM forum and the General Discussion forum are good, though and a lot of the people that post there are very nice. I've made some good friends there.

Old Gold
25th Jul 2002, 13:38
Ah yes, it was in the Community Chat Board. I was looking in the Thief General Chat! :p

Anyways, I see that the natives ultimately revealed the nature of that particular board. :D

TTLG is a strange place for sure! I have browsed several of the other boards for years, including the UU stuff and haven't had any problems! That goes for the Editor's Guild as well.

However; a strange side effect to TTLG is the enormous amount of spam in the "General" Boards. :)

Xcom
25th Jul 2002, 16:40
Hm, where's the link? :confused:

Eidos fightclub to the rescue... ;) :D

THEthief
25th Jul 2002, 16:43
Because of the people there - there are a lot of nice folks, but WAAAAAY to many jerks.
SOOOO, if that's the way they like to be, well, then they'll be that way, but without my company. :)

Thorin Oakenshield
25th Jul 2002, 17:21
I visit the editors guild and the fm forums over there. I won't use the others for the reasons mentioned above:rolleyes: I have quite a few friends over there (Half of them are over here now) So I visit here more than the TTLG now.
:)

yubetcha
25th Jul 2002, 17:32
Here's the link:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53627&pagenumber=1

Xcom
25th Jul 2002, 18:14
Waw...charming thread.
TTLG has no censor bot...or what?

littlek
25th Jul 2002, 18:24
Dang, they are naughty over there.....I wanted to send over a gas arrow or two to settle them down.

Glad KidGarrett showed dignity and maturity.

Here's an ATTABOY KidGarrett! :D

BrokenArts
25th Jul 2002, 18:27
Yup, no sensor. :D Kinda colorful reading at times. It's not boring I will say that. There are a lot of great people over there, but, there are a *few* in every crowd. You can't please everyone.
There are some that like to stir the pot, so to speak. Either way, it doesn't matter to me anymore. I visit both, lurk mainly there, post more here. We all have our home. :) And we need both boards.

ChristineS
25th Jul 2002, 18:31
That's why I don't post in the Community Chat. I agree with Nightwalker and Thorin, and post in the Editor's Guild or in the FM-Forum. The Community Chat is a very different ground. :p

Old Gold
25th Jul 2002, 18:47
I completely agree. Once you know how it goes over there, it becomes easy to side step the junk and get to the good stuff.

Thorin Oakenshield
25th Jul 2002, 22:23
I just posted on that thread. What Idiots!
Just a few rotten apples...:rolleyes:

THEthief
26th Jul 2002, 00:16
Yea, what a bunch of jerks!! :mad: I really think the place would be a lot better if the moderators ... ahh, forget it - I'll not get into that. :D

Apache
26th Jul 2002, 00:21
I told him about the concerns of the Eidos board and he agrees..He's not going to post over there anymore..they are a bunch of jerks.

THEthief
26th Jul 2002, 00:25
Originally posted by Apache
I told him about the concerns of the Eidos board and he agrees..He's not going to post over there anymore..they are a bunch of jerks.

I agree - there are very few people I like over there, and the jerks are so frequent that it's not worth going there. :(

BrokenArts
26th Jul 2002, 02:59
Ok....
I would like to say one thing about all this. And I am *neutral* on the subject. We may not all like what transpired, so be it. Just side step the BS. Isn't that the way life goes sometimes.

But to call them *jerks* encompassed the whole board. At least it did in my eyes. That is the way things *seemed* to be said. It may not of meant to sound like that, but it did. The whole board is not that way. And we all know that. They have their way of doing things, we have our way. So be it! What is done is done, we can't control everything, though I can control what I say and do.
We need both boards to keep Thief alive. I don't want to alienate the other side either. Yeah, things are said, OOOhh the *OTHER* board. PISH! Childish headgames.
My $0.02. Take it for whats it's worth.
Aaahhh only a penny now a days. :p :D

DJC
26th Jul 2002, 05:57
If you look here at the Community Chat board (the top level one, not the Thief one) you will notice that it also has it's fair share of jerks, spammers and other sorts.

This kind of population is indicitive of the Internet, get used to it.

Xcom
26th Jul 2002, 11:59
Originally posted by DJC
If you look here at the Community Chat board (the top level one, not the Thief one) you will notice that it also has it's fair share of jerks, spammers and other sorts.

*AHEM*

Those don't last long ;)

THEthief
26th Jul 2002, 15:14
Originally posted by BrokenArts

But to call them *jerks* encompassed the whole board. At least it did in my eyes.

Yea, what a bunch of jerks!!
...and the jerks are so frequent that it's not worth going there.

Just to clarify this, BA, #1 was in reference TO THE PEOPLE ATTACKING KIDGARRETT and #2 is VERY self explanitory. :)

Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough. :) But, remember, I'm one of the members there, too - so, of course, I'm not going to call myself a jerk.:o Or you, 'cause you visit there, or Apache, or KoMaG, etc., etc., etc. :)

BrokenArts
26th Jul 2002, 16:58
I realized what you meant TheThief. But sometimes dealing with people on the web, and *especially* dealing with Text, things may not always be made clear. I have seen it happen time and time again, and have read comments from others about dealing with text. And now we are clear on things.

Thorin Oakenshield
26th Jul 2002, 17:49
Yeah, with text it's hard to make out the intended meaning (Sometimes).
I'm sure all of us more:D mature ones know who to steer clear of. Let them get on with it;)

Old Gold
26th Jul 2002, 17:55
There was just something about a defenseless child being "hazed" that concerned me.

I'm glad that KidGarrett is alright!