PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer

Adam1983
24th Jul 2002, 15:04
Just got Commandos 2 the other day and i absolutely love it. I really want to play on the Multiplayer option. So if anyone is interested, i would like to play a game over the net. Tell me what you think. I am pretty good so i wont let you down.

Mack the Knife
24th Jul 2002, 16:35
"i absolutely love it"

as we all do! and we all want the game to be popular so the developers keep making the series, so i'm curious why you just got it when it's been on the shelves for a while? had you not heard of it? was it recommended by a friend? read a review? your girlfriend wanted to play it? itchy trigger finger? what? :D

just so you know, commandos 3 is coming next summer

Longshot
24th Jul 2002, 21:10
Originally posted by Mack the Knife
"i absolutely love it"

as we all do! and we all want the game to be popular so the developers keep making the series, so i'm curious why you just got it when it's been on the shelves for a while?

Not everyone buys a game the day its released.

As for multiplay try GameSpy Arcade.

Rapid
24th Jul 2002, 21:48
About a month ago I bought a game (Rowan's BoB) that's been out for nearly two years and I'm just now getting into it. The upside of acquiring not-so-recent releases is that the prices are cut (got mine for less than half of what it was going for when new). The downside is you join a forum about the game and there are few other newbies there. Hopefully there'll still be C2 newbies for awhile yet. Heck, I didn't get C2 until it had been out nearly a year.

Mack the Knife
24th Jul 2002, 23:05
i guess it's just me. i waited with baited breath, freaking counting the hours until it was released. guess if you weren't a die hard fan of the first two you just bought it when you felt like it or when you heard about it or when the price came down.

Longshot
25th Jul 2002, 03:07
Having been a die hard C1 fan I also was waiting for C2 to be release but not everyone is like that.

1shot1kill
25th Jul 2002, 12:12
You know not every gamer knows about commandos, not every gamer likes strategy games, he might not have had the money, there are dozens of reasons why he might not have gotten it yet. That's why they still sell the game now. :)

Rapid
25th Jul 2002, 16:01
The reason I got C2 (in fact the reason I even heard about it in the first place) was I was thinkin' it was time for a new game but didn't have anything particularly in mind. So I logged on to GameSpot and checked under the strategy category for the highest ratings. C2 had a 9.2, so I went with it. Was probably a year after release. Now I'm hooked and am eagerly awaiting #3.

1shot1kill
25th Jul 2002, 21:49
Ehm, C2 has only been out for 10 months... :D