PDA

View Full Version : I have finally seen the light. (Say Hello to My Little Friend)

Zaphod
24th Jul 2002, 12:07
Well, I finally figured out what people have been talking about for 2 years. I HATE the jungle missions. Hate, hate, hate. I played them once, and then I always skip them. Blah.

But, now that I have a good video card so I can max out the draw distance, I have discovered the joys of Say Hello to my Little Friend. Specifically, the Sniping Joys.

I love sniping in any game. It was my favorite part of Deus Ex, and my favorite part of Unreal Tournament. I'd rather snipe than do just about anything (except sneak. Sneak trumps snipe in my book).

Last night I loaded out with a sniper rifle and maximum ammo and spent about 25 minutes going around the edges of Pablo's compound, ducking through the trees, and sniping every single guard that was visible. I took out Pablo first (through the window) so he didn't have a chance to Coke Up, and then proceeded to wipe out the rest of the camp. I was even able to take out some of the interior house guards through windows. Raised the alarm a lot of times, but no one ever saw where the bullets were coming from, and no one ever took a shot at me.

The only guys I couldn't take out were the guards in the bunker, and some of the guards in the house. But the rest were gone.

This mission is still way more Rambo than Hitman, and I'm glad that missions like this won't (supposedly) be taking up space on the new game, but I must say that I was wrong - I never realized what a fun mission this can be if you abandon all stealthy up-close Hitman gameplay and just snipe away to your heart's content.

ICEBreaker
24th Jul 2002, 12:43
Yes, now you realise what I have been talking about. What is so great is that I worked out how to reach maximum distance target detection. With the scope on full zoom, and looking really hard, you can see the outline of a target on the red beam in the scope. This way, even though you cannot actually see the target in the scope, you can still take him out. This is one fun level.

DeJavu
25th Jul 2002, 00:47
Hey,
was up.. Thx for the Idea.. I am gonna try that.. I hated those levels also.. but now I am gonna "Raise Hell" on those guys for giving me hell..:mad: And if you want a real Sniping challange.. Play "Plutonium Runs Loose" using only a "Sniper Rifle" hehe! In the night.. without the guy making a run for his Limo..:cool: gl.. hehe! Have fun!!!

sammiej
25th Jul 2002, 01:32
i hate sniping
i love taking out a uzi or mp5 and going on random massacres where ever there are lots of people(hotel and lee hong)
sniping sucks the big one:p

sammiej
25th Jul 2002, 01:34
i hate sniping !
i love taking out a uzi or mp5 and going on random massacres where ever there are lots of people(hotel and lee hong)
sniping sucks the big one:p !

Xcom
25th Jul 2002, 03:54
Originally posted by sammiej
i hate sniping
sniping sucks the big one:p

I hear ya. Only nothing beats Dual Desert Eagles (Dual Berettas do fine too). :D

Saba
25th Jul 2002, 05:53
The light has yet to bathe me in its warm, luminescent glow.

DeJavu
27th Jul 2002, 19:56
Hey,
was up.. I playing "Say Hello to my Little Friend" using the Sniper Rifle and 2 weird things happened!!! The First, "I was able "to kill 3 birds with one stone.." if you know what I mean.." :eek: The Second, being that I was able to kill "Our Little Friend.. the Drug Lord with only one SHOT!!! :eek: So, does this mean that I have a glitch in my game?:confused: Or, are the bullets really that powerful..:cool: hehe!?! Cuz, I was really far out hidden ..on the Jungle Mountain and I could bearly see them.. they looked like ghosts.. lol! "I thought the BULLETS were suspose to have a certain range..:confused: So, let me know what you think.. "glitch or other..".. =) Thx.. Have fun!!!

"I hope its the Bullets that are that Powerful!!! Cuz, that means I am a really good sniper..:cool: hehe!!!"

sammiej
27th Jul 2002, 22:00
no it's right, but i can't get at an angle where i can kill whats his freagin name from outside
yeah thats right you can kill them with one shot it works with the shotgun and the sawed off shotgun too, i don't know if it can kill three but i know it can kill two

a real glitch is when you teleport to his room(w/invisible 1 on) and shoot him once in the arm, head where ever, and he gets up and runs around the room, with out the gun, but he is in the pisiotion of holding a gun, and he thinks he is shooting you
(i don't know if you an do this without invisible 1 on or not, never tried)
happy killing

(massacres rule)

Saba
27th Jul 2002, 23:42
He can be killed with one shot--and is not invincible as long as you catch him before he snorts his coke.

DeJavu
28th Jul 2002, 00:40
Hey,
was up.. I did'nt know about the..
Saba

He can be killed with one shot--and is not invincible as long as you catch him before he snorts his coke. And.. Yes, you can kill him from sooo... many different places.. outside his window.. Here are 2 ways that you can kill him.. and a tip.. "get to high ground" a good sniper always knows thats the best way to make a kill.. hehe!

The first way "the easy way" is when you crawl out of the tunnel/cave.. run straight to your right.. try to stick close to the mountain... and hidden! About a 100 ft. out you'll come to a part of the mountain that sticks out and then goes deeper into the jungle.. another 100 ft.. or so.. it'll stick out again.. Between there, climb up on the edge anywhere.. and find a comfy spot to make your kill! Your targets gonna be "Our little friend" and just keep searching for a good spot to sit down relax.. and make your kill.. =)

The second way "the not so easy way" is when you crawl out of the tunnel/cave.. run straight towards the fence.. "this is for observations only!" you'll see 2 to 3 guard towers that you can climb up and use to kill him.. pick a guard tower and snipe the guard on while your hiding in the jungle.. and kill everyone around =) to make your target an easier "kill.." After that enter the compound anyway you want to and well.. take care off "our little friend" hehe! Make sure you dont catch him snorting his coke.. cuz then you'll have to shoot him several times.. And, also the whole base will be alarmed and there goes your "one shot, one kill.."

"Unless you like a challange like me.." =) hehe! Have fun!!!

Saba
28th Jul 2002, 04:13
Well now you know!

Say Hello to My Little Fiend (oops, I mean Friend) is the one mission I've never replayed extensively. I'm going to try it and see what becomes of Pablo and his crack babies. Thanks for the tips, Deja.

DeJavu
28th Jul 2002, 07:38
Hey,
was up.. np/your welcome.. lol! =) If anyone needs anymore "tips, hints, help, cheats, and etc.." on Hitman, then let me know.. Cuz I'll be glad to do whatever I can..hehe! Have fun!!!

:cool:"I got a lot more in store, and I got a whole lot more ideas..":cool:

Muzman
28th Jul 2002, 08:46
Yeah, I have found ways to enjoy this one too. The open spaces and the sheer number of soldiers makes for much amusement.
One of the things I do is bump of Pablo right at the start, then wander into the camp and armour up; sniper ammo, silenced beretta, machine gun ammo and ak103 rounds. Then I wander into the house, bold as brass, and either; shoot the guy by Pablo's door and run inside, grabbing the m60 or get a rifle somehow and climb up into the tower, then turn slo-mo on and blow the guy there out the window. Then (in both cases) see how long I can hold out in Pablo's room while everyone goes berzerk.
The way I used to do it was get all the sniper round out of that one tower than go up the one with the sniper rifle and clear out as many guys as I could, which is fun too.
It is more Rambo than Hitman though. It's as though it's from a different game.

Saba
31st Jul 2002, 06:02
The first few times I played this mission, I wasn't quite aware of Pablo's drug use tactics, instead thinking his assasination was a major boss-fight. I would put my self in god-mode and pump so much lead in to him from my minigun he would be covered with bullet holes, head to toe. I was a bit confused. That wasn't very Hitmanesque was it? On a second try, I snuck outside and put a sniper bullet through his head before he could "coke up," in Zaphod's words, and became convinced instead that my sniper rifle has special powers. With time, however, the light shone bright.

hitman fan
3rd Aug 2002, 04:08
this might be a dumb question, but i've been wondering about this since i played the 'say hello to my little friend' mission.

where do i get the sniper rifle? i remember specifically looking for it at the beginning of the previous mission. it isn't listed as an available item in the briefing. or did i just miss it?

thanks

DeJavu
3rd Aug 2002, 17:29
Hey,
was up.. You can find the sniper rifle on the first Jungle mission "Find the U'Wa Tribe.." Remember where the brother is held captive by the bridge, well you should have seen a guard tower on your side of the bridge. There's a sniper rifle in there, but becareful cause there alot off guards around, and there's also a guard in that guard tower! ofcourse.. so that just makes things a bit more interesting for me anyways..:cool: hehe!

There is also a sniper rifle in "Say Hello to my Little Friend" but I have never had the need to look for another one since I already had one. So, I dont know know where it is on "Say Hello to my Little Friend", except all I know is that it is in a guard tower somewhere.. so good luck find it! lol!!!

If you do find it then let me know.. =) hehe! Have fun!!!

hitman fan
3rd Aug 2002, 18:21
DeJavu-

thanks for the reply. right after i wrote that, i replayed the first jungle mission and found the sniper rifle. except i need more ammo. if i remember correctly there's some more ammo somewhere in the compound.

i'll let you know if i find any. it's just that i want to snipe the entire camp, and 17 bullets isn't enough (i had 19 or 20, but wasted a few in the jungle. oops)

Saba
3rd Aug 2002, 21:16
If you've already edited the hitman.ini console to enable cheats, just hit "~" and type "INFAMMO." If not, let me know and I'll give you detailed directions on how to.

hitman fan
5th Aug 2002, 04:01
saba-

no, i didn't know about that. how does it work?
thanks.

i found the sniper ammo (in the guard house to the left of the gate)

Saba
6th Aug 2002, 05:15
Find and open the "hitman.ini" file in the main "Hitman - Codename 47" folder. Add the line "enableconsole 1" to the end of the of the text. While playing Hitman, press ~, then enter one of the following codes at the console window to activate the corresponding cheat function:

God mode
god 1

Infinite ammunition
infammo

All items
giveall

Invisibility
invisible 1

Access All Missions
If you set your profile name to Kim Bo Kastekniv, you can access all missions.

Extra money
Successfully complete all objectives in a mission, then press [F1] to display the mission status screen. Press [Esc] when the "Success" message is displayed to return to the game. Repeat these steps to collect the mission reward multiple times.

[Courtesy of Gamespot.com]

Salem4
6th Aug 2002, 22:16
As I have said before: Kim Bo Kastekniv is Danish and means "Kim Bo (a name) Throwing Knife"

NZrevenge
11th Aug 2002, 13:06
I didn't see anything wrong with the jungle missions. All you have to do is take out the first patrol you see and then steal a uniform. Drag bodies away from the path and you'll be sweet for the rest of the mission.

You can even carry a weapon as long as it is one the enemies normally carry.

hitman fan
29th Aug 2002, 04:10
saba-
thanks.
do you know when the new game is going to be in stores?