PDA

View Full Version : Wait a minute... (Possible spoiler)

BadGuysAlwaysWin
24th Jul 2002, 08:21
OK, Kain goes to Heaven to get the Soul Reaver. It's not in Avernus Cathedral, as according to the Silicon Knights' guide,

Kain must travel back and forth between these planes to navigate to the altar. Once at the altar, Kain must rise to heaven to obtain the Soul Reaver and then descend to Hell to obtain the Wraith Armour.

Now, if you notice, the Soul Reaver is being held by an angelic figure... Now, I always thought this to be a statue of an Angel, since you are in Heaven. But... what if its an Ancient? What could this mean? Or is it completely useless?

Umah Bloodomen
24th Jul 2002, 08:31
Originally posted by BadGuysAlwaysWin
OK, Kain goes to Heaven to get the Soul Reaver. It's not in Avernus Cathedral, as according to the Silicon Knights' guide,

Now, if you notice, the Soul Reaver is being held by an angelic figure... Now, I always thought this to be a statue of an Angel, since you are in Heaven. But... what if its an Ancient? What could this mean? Or is it completely useless?

Alright, you've confused me. :p Did Silicon Knights state that the Reaver is in Avernus or did they say it was in Heaven?

Secondly, where is the source of this little quote of yours?

BadGuysAlwaysWin
24th Jul 2002, 08:40
Note: Got everything from http://www.siliconknights.com/heritage/faq/faqtoc.htm

Although you are find the Soul Reaver during the Avernus campaign (where you have to kill Azimuth), the plane that you are in when you find the Soul Reaver is Heaven. It's not a room in Avernus Cathedral. You literally go to the dimensional plane of Heaven to find the Soul Reaver, and the dimensional plane of Hell to find the Wraith Armor. That is why everything is white fluffy clouds in Heaven and red and fiery in Hell (they make Hell look almost like a modern Hell, with walkways and things. It's a nice effect, coinciding with the modern belief that Hell is what we make it. You can also see Malek's skeleton hanging from where it was damned centuries before).

Another strange tidbit. The site gives the time of the first movie (Vampire purges, Vorador's assault on the Circle) as five THOUSAND years ago. Perhaps a typo?

warpsavant
24th Jul 2002, 17:17
There is nothing in the game that specifically states the skeleton under Avernus is Malek. Thats probably some other poor soul who got used by the Circle, since Malek says his corpse is at his bastion in the game. Nothing says he went to Heaven or Hell in game either, just that he would rise and fall and find himself inbetween.

5000yrs isn't a typo, it's how it was interpreted back in the day, before there was a SR2 I think.

BadGuysAlwaysWin
25th Jul 2002, 00:06
But Silicon Knights MADE Blood Omen. I'm pretty sure that they would be reliable as to the location of the Soul Reaver and Wraith Armor.

warpsavant
25th Jul 2002, 17:07
If it's not "in the game", it's not in the game.

What the website says and what the cluebook says doesn't matter. So it is not as reliable as one may at first think.

KainSyndrome101
25th Jul 2002, 17:08
It used to be 5,000 years, but then they changed it to 500.