PDA

View Full Version : AJ beautiful...or not ?

Xcom
23rd Jul 2002, 22:54
Apparently, make-up plays major role in this. This picture made me think twice about the question. :D

http://i.timeinc.net/people/images/specials/beauties2002/bareface/ajolie.jpg

What do you think?

tomb_raiding
23rd Jul 2002, 23:18
Well she is beatiful some other times, but in this pic she's U G L Y ................ sorry :p :p ;)

DKSM
23rd Jul 2002, 23:34
A lot of stars are ugly without make up. That's just the way it is. Some things will never change. We just have to realize that no one looks that good without a couple inches of makeup on them, although Michael Jackson seems to make that concept void...:p

thanhkim
23rd Jul 2002, 23:50
Average with out make up and pretty with make up. I've gotten over the whole crap on her so now AJ doesn't bother me either way. Whatever I say now.

Deekman
24th Jul 2002, 00:16
She looks like a school girl without her make up.
And the best make up jobs are the ones that you can't tell is make up.

TombRaiderChik
24th Jul 2002, 00:49
she doesnt look that bad w/o makeup

rocconorth
24th Jul 2002, 01:08
She still looks pretty good to me.

raiderofdarkness
24th Jul 2002, 01:43
I think she looks fine without makeup. I have seen her in some things when I didn't like how she looked.. like in Original Sin, she had bad undereye circles... but that was the makeup job. Overall, from everything I've seen, she's gourgeous! Beyond physical, I think her personality and energy add a lot to her beauty. In other words, she's not perfect, but she has a genuine beauty.

DaveJ
24th Jul 2002, 07:20
Consider this:

Why do magazines always print pics of celebs with captions saying "Look how rough and ugly they really are!" when the pics are ALWAYS of that person in an airport departure/arrival lounge?

Then consider this:

Do you look at your best when you have just gotten off a 12 hour flight?

AJ is naturally gorgeous.

infinite_sadness
24th Jul 2002, 08:22
I think AJ is beautifull!!!! :)

raiderofdarkness
24th Jul 2002, 10:00
I know celebrities can be fake, but I've never heard anyone who knows her say something negative. From what I can tell, she has talent, heart, and passion.. for her work, those around her, and teh world. I'v read her biography, and she's just captivating. Many refer to her dark side, but it's really not all that dark, just different. Difference can be beautiful you know!

BeKs
24th Jul 2002, 10:20
I think she looks better without make up, I'd never have the guts to not wear any make up out LOL. I think she is very beautiful, and as for personallity that you all keep going on about, i dont think its fair to judge someone i dont know, and if it has no effect on my life - why bother? I'm sure that good or bad, inside she knows who she is and is struggling (as we all do) to make herself what she thinks is right.

Like me - ive done really horrid and stupid things in the past, but we all learn by everything we do. That's life for ya - no-ones perfect hehehe ;)

thanhkim
24th Jul 2002, 10:41
Originally posted by raiderofdarkness
I know celebrities can be fake, but I've never heard anyone who knows her say something negative. From what I can tell, she has talent, heart, and passion.. for her work, those around her, and teh world. I'v read her biography, and she's just captivating. Many refer to her dark side, but it's really not all that dark, just different. Difference can be beautiful you know! Raiderofdarkness here is what I have found re my other post.

Laura Dern who BB was dating at the time he met AJ said "I left our home to work on a movie and while I was away my boyfriend was getting married". Now what sort of girl is AJ to do that. When she does things like this she certainly is no Lara Croft to me.

BeKs
24th Jul 2002, 10:45
Hey dont be so hard on people and dont believe everything you read. Im sure you have done things that are wrong before, the capacity to make mistakes and learn from them is part of being human and the only way we grow. People do much worse things than fancying someone elses boyfriend, maybe you should concentrate on them. Would you rather liken a murdurer and a thief to Lara Croft than AJ?

P.S If we were all going around being a goody too shoes and doing everything right (not sure on the spelling of too there LOL) then DARN life would be so boring.

raiderofdarkness
24th Jul 2002, 10:50
She and BB were friends first, after meeting on Pushing Tin in '98. They weren't romantic until around '00. Additionally, you can't really steal someone's boyfriend... that was up to BB. He chose Angelina over Dern. I don't see how that makes Jolie a bad person.

DaveJ
24th Jul 2002, 14:20
There are two sides to every story....why should Laura Dern's be the only important or noteworthy one?

Xcom
24th Jul 2002, 16:07
Originally posted by DaveJ
Consider this:

Why do magazines always print pics of celebs with captions saying "Look how rough and ugly they really are!" when the pics are ALWAYS of that person in an airport departure/arrival lounge?

Not always. I've seen paparazzi pictures of so-called "ugly" celebs in all different places (the beach, gym, after taking a nap, etc. ).

But indeed, I don't look too good after the flight. However, I never look too good. :D

DaveJ
24th Jul 2002, 16:47
And how good does anyone look in the gym, on the beach (without posing) or after taking a nap?
;)

Posted pic looks like it follows the tradition of airport paparazzi, however.

Xcom
24th Jul 2002, 17:12
Originally posted by DaveJ
And how good does anyone look in the gym, on the beach (without posing) or after taking a nap?
;)

Yes, yes. I know. Not at their best. But you claimed that such pictures are always taken at the airport and I just said that it isn't so. That's it. :)

THE True Lara
24th Jul 2002, 18:15
Originally posted by DKSM
A lot of stars are ugly without make up. That's just the way it is. Some things will never change. We just have to realize that no one looks that good without a couple inches of makeup on them, although Michael Jackson seems to make that concept void...:p

That makes me so sad that you think that. I think the most beautiful people are the ones who have the inner strength to realise that true beauty doesn't come from wearing make-up, it's depressing to think that some people will only love you for the 3 buckets of Maxfactor you cake yourself in every morning.
As far as AJ's 'beauty' is concerned, I think she's prettiest when she believes she is, it's not a weird new-age type concept, it's just a fact that we all tend to look better when we feel we do. When you feel good on the inside it shows on the outside. Like when dogs eat Winalot! ;) :D

LeeO
24th Jul 2002, 18:18
AJ is gorgeous!

thanhkim
24th Jul 2002, 20:06
Originally posted by raiderofdarkness
She and BB were friends first, after meeting on Pushing Tin in '98. They weren't romantic until around '00. Additionally, you can't really steal someone's boyfriend... that was up to BB. He chose Angelina over Dern. I don't see how that makes Jolie a bad person. Cool but it wasn't stated in the papers and if that is the case was Dern out of the picture if so then my apologizes to AJ.

thanhkim
24th Jul 2002, 20:15
Originally posted by BeKs
Hey dont be so hard on people and dont believe everything you read. Im sure you have done things that are wrong before, the capacity to make mistakes and learn from them is part of being human and the only way we grow. People do much worse things than fancying someone elses boyfriend, maybe you should concentrate on them. Would you rather liken a murdurer and a thief to Lara Croft than AJ?

P.S If we were all going around being a goody too shoes and doing everything right (not sure on the spelling of too there LOL) then DARN life would be so boring. Yes thankyou for your thoughts deep down I really wanted to like aj but I guess I was just a little disappointed is all. Yes you can't believe everything in the paper, knowing the media one it's just crap and two maybe a little bit of truth but they somehow stuffed it up. I have done things in my life I regret. So what can I say I'm human too and I guess so is aj.

raiderofdarkness
24th Jul 2002, 20:16
Dern was still in the picture. Guess Billy didn't see it as that important to tell her he was in love with someone else. However, nobody knows what Jolie thought or was told about their relationship. Basically, I refrain from judging on incidents that nobody knows what happened except those three people... and I'm betting they all have different stories.

RaiderGrl
24th Jul 2002, 22:26
well I've seen one pic of Angie that I thought was bad. It was in some magazine, and her eyebrows were huge, I mean she over penciled those babies or something. But she's still beautiful.

AmO
25th Jul 2002, 02:18
i think A.J. is a beautiful person with or without makeup.:D

*Lara Croft*
26th Jul 2002, 01:48
Well, all I have to say is that nobody looks totally refreshed after coming off a plane, or in my case today, walking 6 miles uphill.

Not meaning she did any of this, but, still...

I just thought I'd say that.

Prelude
26th Jul 2002, 13:16
This is my response to this thread

http://www.westwoodi.net/~smilies/cwm/3dlil/killtard.gif

Are you guys nuts or what, did you see the movie? She is stunning from every angle.

Besides I thought the question was do you think she is gorgeous or not? Not discuss whether her morals are correct or not. AJ could sleep with farmyard animals for all I care, it doesn’t change the fact that she is beautiful, I’d sell my soul to the devil to look like that!

EddyBones
27th Jul 2002, 00:51
http://www.aclasscelebs.com/angelinaj/thumbnails/angelina080_jpg.jpg

oooookay... so if she feels beautiful in this pic, that means that she really is beautiful, right? According to what a few of you said, that is.

*Lara Croft*
27th Jul 2002, 01:58
Originally posted by Prelude
This is my response to this thread

http://www.westwoodi.net/~smilies/cwm/3dlil/killtard.gif

Are you guys nuts or what, did you see the movie? She is stunning from every angle.

Besides I thought the question was do you think she is gorgeous or not? Not discuss whether her morals are correct or not. AJ could sleep with farmyard animals for all I care, it doesn’t change the fact that she is beautiful, I’d sell my soul to the devil to look like that!

Yeah, its true! :) (btw, i like your smiley) :D

THE True Lara
30th Jul 2002, 08:20
Originally posted by Prelude
.... I’d sell my soul to the devil to look like that!

please don't! You're such a beautiful car..... :( :)

Prelude
31st Jul 2002, 07:21
Originally posted by THE True Lara

please don't! You're such a beautiful car..... :( :)

Aw thanks TTL, you just put a shine on my paint work for the whole day :D