PDA

View Full Version : It's great the POLLS are back, but there is just one problem...

snickrep2002
23rd Jul 2002, 16:25
Whenever I vote for a poll it says:

The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.

And when I click the link it just goes to the same message. Does anyone know what is going on?

Xcom
23rd Jul 2002, 17:12
Log out, then log in again. Try again. If still doesn't work, e-mail admins.

snickrep2002
25th Jul 2002, 12:56
well just loged out and back in, but when I vote for a poll it says:

The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.

someone please help. :(

GoranAgar
25th Jul 2002, 13:19
Originally posted by Xcom
If still doesn't work, e-mail admins.

GoranAgar
25th Jul 2002, 13:20
BTW, have you clicked that link more than once? Sometimes I have to click it 5 times before it works.

Lara Croft Online
25th Jul 2002, 15:40
Originally posted by GoranAgar
BTW, have you clicked that link more than once? Sometimes I have to click it 5 times before it works. :D
Sounds like an issue to me lol :D

Xcom
25th Jul 2002, 16:19
I've been doing some "research" and discovered that users who either have AOL as ISP or using by AOL modified browsers have this problem. Also, sometimes using other weird browsers (such as WebTV) can cause this thing.

Solution, ehhh...not very promising. People recommend:

a) Setting "Browse with cookies" to YES in UserCP->Edit Options.
b) Trying to manually delete all cookies associated with this domain (forums.eidosgames.com) and trying to vote again.
c) keeping clicking the damn "submit" button until it evetually gets thru :D
d) reinstalling browser but using "clean" one this time, downloaded from either Microsoft's or Netscape's website.
e) changing ISP :D

Xcom
25th Jul 2002, 16:29
Originally posted by Lara Croft Online
Sounds like an issue to me lol :D

Yeah, but it's not our issue or everybody would have this problem. I, for instance, have never had it. :p

Deekman
26th Jul 2002, 02:13
Originally posted by Xcom
I've been doing some "research" and discovered that users who either have AOL as ISP or using by AOL modified browsers have this problem.

Well, as today's headline in the New York Daily News said:
"That's AOL Folks"