PDA

View Full Version : help with personal insignia

winged revenge
23rd Jul 2002, 11:03
i have a pic that i want to have as a signiture, but i am not familiar with what i need to do to put it in. any help(no matter how minescule)would be appreciated.:confused:

Serul
23rd Jul 2002, 13:11
First does it coincide with the following criteria...

Signatures Please note that signatures must be no larger than 150 pixels high x 450 pixels wide and have a file size no greater than 30KB. This size restriction applys to pictures and text. There can only be two lines of text included with a picture. No signature picture can include any copyrighted material, unless you can prove you hold said copyright or proof of permission from the copyright holder. Public domain pictures are acceptable. Signature pictures will not contain any material that is inappropriate. (see above) We or our forum leaders will have final determination as to what is appropriate.

Second, for more information about hosting your sig look at the following link...

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2423

Third, in your "user cp/edit profile" there is a signature section there you'll need to put the URL of the image between "" tags.

And with any luck that's about it... :)

Apocrypha Roxy
24th Jul 2002, 00:41
HI!

Assuming your picture is already hosted on a personal webpage, you need to go into your user profile - there's where you'll put it in. Put the address of the photo ([not a real url]www.myhomepage.net/pictures/sigpic.jpg,[/still not a real url] for instance) in between vB img brackets > [img] <
Update you profile and it's there.

If you have an image in your computer, and you'd like to do something with it (besides just stick it on a page somewhere) you use a picture/photo program, like Adobe Photoshop, etc. Programs like Photoshop give you the ability to change the content and appearance of the original document, so what you have can end up looking very different from what you started with. You can do this yourself if you have the knowledge & idea on what you want, or you can ask someone to do it for you - give them your image/images, an idea of what you want, or let them make one totally unique just for you! I wouldn't mind doing it for you, I do sig images for Clan members and other forum buddies.

Keep in mind all signature images must be no larger than 450 x 150. Those that aren't in that range should be resized.

Hope that clears things up for you! :)

winged revenge
24th Jul 2002, 11:14
ok here goes nothing!:D :D :D

winged revenge
24th Jul 2002, 11:22
and another shot

winged revenge
24th Jul 2002, 11:25
and yet again

winged revenge
24th Jul 2002, 11:26
trying my sanity now

darien_specter
24th Jul 2002, 18:02
Are you checking the "show signature" check box at the bottom when you post? For some reason they haven't enabled this as a default setting or whatever; you have to mark it every single time...