PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know? plz help

deathdevil
23rd Jul 2002, 00:56
does anyone know where i can get a demo of cammandos beyond the call of duty or commandos 2? sorry if this is an annoying post

Longshot
23rd Jul 2002, 04:11
There is no demo for C2...that is available to the public ;)

The BCD demo you here http://www.eidosinteractive.com/downloads/search.html?gmid=15

1shot1kill
23rd Jul 2002, 09:43
No need for demo's, just buy them!

deathdevil
23rd Jul 2002, 10:35
uh oh i might lose my password because im on msn could sum1 email it to me at souljah44@msn.com? like an admin:rolleyes:

Mack the Knife
23rd Jul 2002, 15:58
email it to me
say what? click the link Longshot so graciously provided and download the demo yourself. also, you should have looked for the demo yourself my friend, it isn't that hard.

1shot1kill
23rd Jul 2002, 16:01
Ehm, in 1 thread you ask if people want to play BtCoD online and the other you ask for the demo? Seems kind of strange to me.

Mike_B
23rd Jul 2002, 16:49
Originally posted by Mack the Knife

say what? click the link Longshot so graciously provided and download the demo yourself. also, you should have looked for the demo yourself my friend, it isn't that hard.

He means his forum password not the demo

deathdevil, just change your e-mail adres in your profile and a new password will be e-mailed to your new e-mail adres (not sure or it's the same with this software) otherwise look here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showgroups.php?s=) to pm Grey Mouser or RedLegg

Rapid
23rd Jul 2002, 17:13
Maybe he just wants to send the demo to a friend, to get the friend interested in playing on-line with him.

Mack the Knife
23rd Jul 2002, 19:56
He means his forum password
oh

and, i never use MP but did BEL and its expansion offer it? don't really care, just curious. oh hell, while i'm on the subject someone somewhere said not many play MP with C2. how come? also, and since i don't use MP, how is it played? does each person get a character or is it both of you against the bad guys? i guess i do care :D

Longshot
23rd Jul 2002, 20:41
Both BEL and BCD had multiplay, and I had some good times playing them online.

True not too many people play C2 online or at least one GSA. I think the main reason is that the multiplayer feature has too many bugs in it, and seems to me that the multiplay in BEL and BCD was way better. You get the "Connection lost" or "waiting on other player..." messages a lot and this gets quite frustrating.

Also most of the missions aren't really desiged for multiplay. With some missions starting with only 1 Commandos, other players need to wait around until the play in control of the 1 activee commando is ready to contact or free them. Who wants to wait around and watch :confused: :confused: :confused:

Even the multiplayer menus in C2 aren't as good as in BEL or BCD.

Even with that being said tltrude, Red Mage and I still play online from time to time but nowhere near as much as we play BEL or BCD.

Mack the Knife
23rd Jul 2002, 20:49
wait around until the play in control of the 1 activee commando
thanks doc...and you're saying that each player is in command of one commando and each moves in turn? so in MP, you never play against the other guy, always against the game huh? and if there are two players and three commandos, one guy gets 2 of 'em?

Longshot
23rd Jul 2002, 23:10
no it's played the same was as in single play but missions like white death, giant in the haipong and saving private smith all start out with 1 commando, and other players will have to wait until the player controling the only commandos decides to free them.

missions like das boot, target burma, etc has more commandos at the start of the mission and people can move around freely.

also depending on how many players there are, sometimes you'll need to control more than 1 commando.

1shot1kill
24th Jul 2002, 01:40
And at the start you get to choose who controls which commando.

deathdevil
24th Jul 2002, 01:52
hmmm.......i know about commandos i had the first one when it came out......how do i run?

Mike_B
24th Jul 2002, 07:26
Originally posted by deathdevil
how do i run?

double click

deathdevil
24th Jul 2002, 08:03
lol i found that out before u posted lol:eek: