PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me, for I have sinned.

Whatz His Name
22nd Jul 2002, 16:52
I love comic books. I often surf the internet searching for material on them. This morning, I found a forum that covered nothing but comic books. MAN, I thought I hit the jackpot. I registered and started to read through the threads. It wasn't nothing but combat central. Members arguing with each other over which character was better, which version of the same character was better, etc.

I then made a mistake. I posted my opinion of the subject matter. Needless to say, that forum is the last place for a civilized gentleman, like myself, to post his opinion. If I wanted to argue, I would have found a forum that I didn't care whether or not I got kicked off from. I then realized what a great forum we have here. Sure, we get some heated arguements going sometimes, but they are nothing to some of the combat posts over there.:eek:

Please forgive me for straying away. It was temporary insanity, really.

BrokenArts
22nd Jul 2002, 17:39
Well now, you have to findout for yourself sometimes. Just don't let it happen again, ya hear. :p
And welcome home. :)

Thorin Oakenshield
22nd Jul 2002, 18:12
Say 6 Hail Garrett's and bath in holy water twice a day for 2 days:D :o :rolleyes:

SlyFoxx
22nd Jul 2002, 18:12
Yeah come on in. The Burrick's open 24/7. How's about a nice pint of "Bishop's Finger." Seems you temporarily fell into the crowd that prefers sucking on "Monks Member.":D

It's too bad other forums are like that. I tried to join a musician's forum and was not allowed due to the fact I have Hotmail address. The guy says they get a lot of trouble from people who sign up with free e-mail addresses. I could get another "legitimate" address in a second but have not even bothered. If the place is full of flaming jerks, who needs it.

SlyFoxx

ChangelingJane
22nd Jul 2002, 19:04
It's sad, most other game forums are like that too--full of jerks and people who don't know how to coexist with people who have different opinions. The Thief community really spoils you after awhile ^_^

BrokenArts
22nd Jul 2002, 19:26
That is sooooo true, I am spoiled by this community. OK......go ahead, spoil me rotten. :p :D

THEthief
22nd Jul 2002, 22:03
Originally posted by ChangelingJane
It's sad, most other game forums are like that too--full of jerks and people who don't know how to coexist with people who have different opinions. The Thief community really spoils you after awhile ^_^

Absolutely true!! I've been to other game communities where the people are SUCH jerks...ugh. :mad: This is one of (if not) the best forum(s) I have ever been too!!

Huntress
23rd Jul 2002, 06:57
Hallelujah :) I've been going over to ONP forum for some help and though there are some helpful ppl...the Moderator does need some PR lessons...he's a terrific programmer/builder of a very fine FM...but he is rather short and not all that helpful...others that worked with him are...particularly one called UsAaR33 :) He has been the most helpful and kind person of the team to try and figure out the problem(s). I'm sorry to say this about that person...but you'd better know that I'm so glad to be here and be with ppl who know how to communicate and be generous with their time and offers of help!!!! :) Hallelujah... :D

Yea, sure am spoiled too I guess...and I don't mind a bit ;) Ta and Good Hunting!

littlek
23rd Jul 2002, 15:17
The IRON CLAW keeps us in line. Maybe we ought to send it to the other forums......along with a very nasty, ill tempered Burrick that just ate a pot of pinto beans.:D

Bat-mite
23rd Jul 2002, 16:50
Hey, WhatzHis...,

I have more than 7000 comics, but I stopped buying them years ago. Can you believe Aquaman actually beat the Sub-Mariner in the DC vs. Marvel mini? Sheesh.

;)

ChangelingJane
23rd Jul 2002, 16:57
"You're scared of the claw! You're scaaaared of the claw!"

littlek
25th Jul 2002, 18:28
"THE CLAW" frightens me!:eek:

BrokenArts
25th Jul 2002, 18:30
I like the claw, good for scratching an itch. :D:p

littlek
25th Jul 2002, 18:34
So who wields the mighty claw the best? Peter or Munion?

BrokenArts
25th Jul 2002, 18:36
Good question, both wicked in their own ways. Let's draw straws. :D

littlek
25th Jul 2002, 18:41
Now it has me wondering....is there only one mighty claw that they share or do they each have their own?

ChangelingJane
25th Jul 2002, 22:55
The claw is indeed a great power, and there is only room in this multiverse for one! It must be a Unique Artifact! Er, yeah.

BrokenArts
25th Jul 2002, 23:08
Each mod is fitted with his own handy, dandy claw. For the precise fit, only the Iron Claw by Ronco will do. Comes in 5 fashionable colors. Silver tone, gold, brass, comes in Bronze, and a verdi green finish as well.

theBlackman
25th Jul 2002, 23:26
Originally posted by BrokenArts
Each mod is fitted with his own handy, dandy claw. For the precise fit, only the Iron Claw by Ronco will do. Comes in 5 fashionable colors. Silver tone, gold, brass, comes in Bronze, and a verdi green finish as well.

You forgot the Stainless Steel, non-rustable, self-sharpening talons with the infinitely adjustable depth stops for precision slicing and dicing, to exactly the desired degree of pain to be inflicted upon the unwary recipient of its loving :eek: caresses. :D :p

Thorin Oakenshield
25th Jul 2002, 23:47
Originally posted by theBlackman

You forgot the Stainless Steel, non-rustable, self-sharpening talons with the infinitely adjustable depth stops for precision slicing and dicing, to exactly the desired degree of pain to be inflicted upon the unwary recipient of its loving :eek: caresses. :D :p

Does that come in brass too:D :p

BrokenArts
26th Jul 2002, 00:58
Originally posted by Thorin Oakenshield

Does that come in brass too:D :p

What BrokenArts said......:p

Comes in 5 fashionable colors. Silver tone, gold, brass, comes in Bronze, and a verdi green finish as well.

SlyFoxx
26th Jul 2002, 13:22
Isin't verde green redundant? :confused:

I wish I had a claw.:(

I DO have a Stratocaster with a wammy bar.:D

BrokenArts
26th Jul 2002, 14:14
SlyFoxx, why would verdi green be redundant? :confused:
It's a fashionable color!! I like it myself.

tBM, Stainless, good choice, also the light glinting on the claw I heard does some damage too, as it bounces off, and blinds the unsuspecting trolls. :p

littlek
26th Jul 2002, 19:50
Has any of us taffers ever seen "THE CLAW?" I'd like to see a picture of it....the verdi green one. :D

Where is Whatzhisname? He always has a picture handy.