PDA

View Full Version : I beat Emerald Lakes (all secrets) without cheating...

Kanji
22nd Jul 2002, 16:20
Yay! I did Emerald lakes all by myself... apart from one hint I read in a thread that I had kind of already worked out by myself, for the star secret. LOTS of levers, eh?

I was thinking, though, what makes the hardest kind of level? block puzzles (nah, easy, usually), hard to find objects (my choice), tricky jumps, tough enemies (there's always an easy way), tricksy levers or just unclear and unlinear gameplay?

Onwards and downwards to Firewalk I go!:p

inchdix
22nd Jul 2002, 21:57
Congratulations, Kanji........... Firewalk is a little different...... just remember to keep a savegame BEFORE you attempt the rollingball/pushblock puzzle........

Aquarius
22nd Jul 2002, 23:17
I just finished Firewalk today! :D With no help at all! I'm finally on to Serpentine Gorge! :) How do I get rid of the little annoying spirit things that keep taking away energy?

Kanji
23rd Jul 2002, 00:57
Originally posted by Aquarius
I just finished Firewalk today! :D With no help at all! I'm finally on to Serpentine Gorge! :) How do I get rid of the little annoying spirit things that keep taking away energy?

When I played it they seemed to ignore me and concentrate on each other... not sure if that was supposed to happen. Anyway, to get rid of them for good you need to get to the room they originally came from with the Shiva statues... Look underwater for the route

Chronicles5
23rd Jul 2002, 01:09
congrats! i've never been able to beat most of the hidden garden levels :)

TombLady
23rd Jul 2002, 08:41
Congrats! :)

Speaking of hardest kind of level, I hate levels with timed puzzles:
It just drives me crazy.

the_internet_king
23rd Jul 2002, 16:03
i have been meaning 2 playo n the hidden garden serius 4 a while r they any good??:confused:

Collin
23rd Jul 2002, 16:14
Originally posted by the_internet_king
i have been meaning 2 playo n the hidden garden serius 4 a while r they any good??:confused:
The best gameplay I've ever experienced! :) It looks great too. Give it a try, you'll like it! ;)

@Kanji: very well done! :)

wriggle
24th Jul 2002, 00:59
For me is to kill enemis! I wanna to explore and burn my brain not kill these baddies!! Anyway, I love TR and I really don't matter!

BTW, Congrats Kanji!! I finished the series!! Now I'm trying Celtic Folly and it's really great too! More challeging than HG but with less eyecands!