PDA

View Full Version : Hell's Motel part 2 screenshots

amievil?
21st Jul 2002, 23:21
here is the link for 4 screens of part 2 of my series Hell's Motel 2. These are of the interior and one of the exterior of the motel. all pics are of course, brightened to show everything. the one on the outside is taken to show the size/scale of the building. notice it lacks many windows, windows are being added as rooms are added, and they are put in when i see the need for a window. also some balconies are yet to be built on the upper levels of the building. one screen is of a small first floor library, one of a stairwell with a peek at an attempt at a custom light. one is of the hallways showing the lack of shadows. and the last of the outside area.

http://www.angelfire.com/my/thiefshots/index.html

BrokenArts
21st Jul 2002, 23:26
Hey those are looking good! :D So.......any idea when???? ;)
Looks like your making good progress too. Keep it up.
You know where to find me for testing.

amievil?
21st Jul 2002, 23:37
Originally posted by BrokenArts
Hey those are looking good! :D So.......any idea when???? ;)
Looks like your making good progress too. Keep it up.
You know where to find me for testing.

ah, when. isnt that the question :) i have had a major setback on this level. i lost my friggin floor plan to the building that i drew out months and months ago. apparently i threw away the papers that contained the plan. so floors 3 and 4 and going to be built by ear so to speak. to be honest, with summer and all i havent worked on this game level much. instead of working on it every day, its like every third day of the week i work on it. but that's changing, im working on something else besides dromed right now, and also general laziness towards dromed has slowed me down. but im going to buckle down on this thing, im trying to make it 50/50 between the game levels and the other thing. it has been 70/30 in favor of the other thing basically. if i can guess, id say we may be testing second week of august. i know that sounds like an awful long time since ive worked on this thing since july of 2001, but that included part 1 for most of that time. sorry to everybody who has waited so patiently for parts 2,3,4, and 5 of this series. part 2, 4, and 5 are the ones that take the time. part 2 probably the biggest of them all and it has worn me down alot. brokenarts, ill write you an email about something....check it soon.

BrokenArts
22nd Jul 2002, 00:03
Hey, no need to splain yourself there Ricky. ;) I got your email, thanks for the update. :D Things are interesting for you right now. That is great.
Keep plugging away with Dromed, and remember what I always say to you guys. *NO RUSH* Just do the best you can with what you've got.
Yeah, when things get closer, we can start testing things, alpha or beta. I really am looking forward to it!!

Nightwalker
22nd Jul 2002, 02:22
Those look great! I'll be more than willing to wait for as long as it takes for your mission. :)

RiCh
22nd Jul 2002, 07:22
Looking good amievil? T1 or T2? looking at the textures I'm guessing T1? Keep up the good work!

amievil?
23rd Jul 2002, 21:56
Originally posted by RiCh
Looking good amievil? T1 or T2? looking at the textures I'm guessing T1? Keep up the good work!

its my last tgold mission..ever....the rest of them for this series are going to be on t2, and for those few that will have played these two but dont have t2, i can say that you dont have to play part 1 and 2 to play the rest. part 1 and 2 stand alone(sorta) from the rest.

Gumdrop
23rd Jul 2002, 23:17
Ahh...Dost the builder's patience forsaken thee brother - or has't thou allowed the Trickster entry into thine thaughts? :D

Keep building at your own pace and your FM will surely be all the better for it. :)

Huntress
24th Jul 2002, 22:50
screenies...and looks like your doing fine :) Like everyone has said...you know we are a patient lot...so not to worry OK? :) We'll still be hanging around whenever you get it done and we will download and we will play it, LOL ;)

Continued success with it's completion and Good Hunting!

amievil?
28th Jul 2002, 01:56
dont forget huntress, the voice acting you did for me is in this fm. as is brokenarts and theblackman. so yes im still using that in this level :) sounds great from all three of you.