PDA

View Full Version : FM Question : Turning the Tables

clayman
21st Jul 2002, 19:47
This is a fine mission but I'm a bit stumped.

1.) I have killed Bifford and have dumped him and the other corpse at the door to the "treasure room" in the basement, according to the scroll I read in one of the basement guard rooms. Is this the "vault" referenced in the objectives ?

2.) I hit a switch behind the banner above Bifford's bed and it opened a section of wall behind one of the wardrobes. How do I move the wardrobe ? Is this a back way into the vault ?

3.) Where is the key to the vault ?

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

ChowYunFat
21st Jul 2002, 20:02
Hi Clayman!! I'm delighted with the chance to help you out with a mission. :) To move the wardrobe requires you to hit a second button in the bedroom. This is the same problem I had with this FM & I'm sure others as well. It's a little hard to find, but it's there for the finding--most people stop looking for buttons after finding the first one. If you'd like to know exactly where it is, I can tell you.

You need to dump the people inside the vault. Dumping them outside the door isn't good enough. But don't worry--you're close to getting to the vault from the sound of it.

I don't think you need the key to the vault since you can gain access another way.

Have fun--I thought this was a really good FM, especially when played on Expert, requiring you to sneak around.

clayman
21st Jul 2002, 21:45
Thanks, CYF, I thought I scoured that room thoroughly for a lever/switch etc, but obviously not. And you're right, the sneaking is first-rate in this one. :)

And I knew the bodies needed to go into the vault, I meant I just put them outside the room near the barrels to go back and find the key. :)

I'm thinking form your hint I won't be entering the vault the way I thought I would....so that means hauling Bifford and the other dude up four flights of stairs past some pesky guards.....tsk. :)

Nightwalker
21st Jul 2002, 22:17
clayman, don't bother moving the bodies until you've found the other lever and been inside the vault. You'll see why soon. :)

clayman
21st Jul 2002, 23:52
Finished...good mission. One of the best of 2000, so far. :)

RiCh
22nd Jul 2002, 07:25
Originally posted by clayman
Finished...good mission. One of the best of 2000, so far. :)

I also rate this mission highly....very good mission, Haven't played it in a long time.......looks like I've got the perfect excuse to play it again :)

Manzanita
13th May 2012, 09:48
Nightwalker, Sweet Angel of Mercy, help! When trying to open the tomb, I shoot the statues with fire arrows and the big statue slides back. But I fail the 'don't let any guards see you' objective. Any advice, please?

Nightwalker
28th May 2012, 13:53
Oh, dear...I'm afraid I don't visit here that often anymore and didn't see this post until today. Don't those objectives get crossed out when you get into the vault area? Perhaps I'm remembering wrong but I don't think it was ever an issue for me. Have you been there yet?