PDA

View Full Version : new guy,again

colinnovember
21st Jul 2002, 15:49
i have finally purchased the origenal "soul reaver; legacy of kain" first, as you already know, the game is awsome. please help the new guy. i have alrady "reaved" the soul of melchiah and gained the ability of phasing i have made my way back through the game and i am now in a chamber with KAIN he has the soul reaver and keeps killing me, i can do nothing. how do i get passed this challenge. thanks to all.

chuffy
21st Jul 2002, 16:32
When Kain disappears, turn around quickly to find and attack him. If you're fast enough, you'll avoid a lot of damage. When he disappears again, locate and attack him again

chuffy

colinnovember
21st Jul 2002, 17:07
is there any other catch to it. it seems that by the time i get to kain he is all powered up and zaps me. is there a way for mr to move faster? is there a way for me to avoid the blast from the reaver?

chuffy
21st Jul 2002, 17:12
Run immediately at Kain when you spot him and punch him as he charges the weapon. He'll disappear and materialize behind you in the same position at the opposite side of the room. You must punch him about three times to successfully fend him off. You'll likely get sent back to the spectral plane a number of times before you're successful.

chuffy

Anubis_Orr
21st Jul 2002, 17:19
I found the simplest way for me was to stand just over the stair that leads up to the pillar, this limits Kain to appearing in only two places, and you can choose where he appears by turning your back, he will always appear behind you, so as soon as you hear his transportation sound immediately turn and run.

Hope that helps
Anubis

colinnovember
21st Jul 2002, 17:37
i'll try that, thanks.....how long can i expect it to take for him to go down? once i start hitting him can he still charge the soul reaver? duz he have any other wat to hert me? sorry for so many questions, but it seems like a hard task.

warpsavant
21st Jul 2002, 17:59
You only have to hit Kain 3 times. If you just run at him and attack (don't try and autoface, you'll lose preciuos time) he'll go down in no time.

colinnovember
21st Jul 2002, 18:05
thanks.... i'm off to fight kain, and hopfully get the soul reaver for my self. is this the best way to reply: back to my origanal post. or is it best to reply directly to those who answer me? what gets people to look at what i posted and reply?

darien_specter
21st Jul 2002, 20:34
To add my two cents... Kain always comes back in one of three locations, and these are the same every time. What's more, if you get zapped to spectral, when you come bakc to the material plane, he is always in the same place, directly opposite the room. So if nothing else, make sure you're facing that direction before you shift, and then just run straight at him and hack away...

Azuriel
21st Jul 2002, 21:03
as your question has already been answered, i just wish you a warm welcome to these forums.

Welcome!

Power reaver
22nd Jul 2002, 14:16
WELCOME TO THE LOK FORUMS

BTW jumping speeds you up a little bit , it also looks funny :p