PDA

View Full Version : Mystery voice

Nyriel
21st Jul 2002, 15:07
I was watching a program on the history channel about the Etruscans tonight, and one of the voice overs sounded very, very much like Michael Bell/Raziel. Does anyone know if it was him? The credits at the end didn't say who the voice overs were done by.

Embla
23rd Jul 2002, 09:57
I`ve read somewhere that Michael Bell is doing some voicework for the Discovery Channel and the History Channel aswell, so maybe it was him.

Nyriel
17th Aug 2002, 10:05
If that is the case, I am certain that it was him. Either that or an excellent clone :)

Umah Bloodomen
17th Aug 2002, 11:40
Tony Jay (Mortanius/Elder God) also does some voicing for the History Channel. I recently watched a WW2 and a Vietnam documentary with him narrating.

Lady Kreliana
18th Aug 2002, 23:30
I've gotta watch more history channel now. :D

...wait....I don't have cable. ;_;

-drain wraith-
19th Aug 2002, 01:37
I'll have to start paying more attention to the TV now. Especially the History and Discovery channels. :)

Nyriel
19th Aug 2002, 14:06
It is interesting, the voices you get to hear on some of those documentaries actually. I have seen quite a few science documentaries on the discovery channel that were narrated by Patrick Stewart (Jean-Luc Picard from Startrek Next Gen) and at least one that was narrated by Avery Brooks (Benjamin Sisko in Startrek Deep Space 9). The Avery Brooks one was called "The Savage Sun". I don't remember the titles of the Patrick Stewart ones.