PDA

View Full Version : Can't find captured commando



J691
21st Jul 2002, 11:18
In the Colditz castle mission I lost Tread!

I was using him to try and kill the 3 patroling soldiers(patrolling around the church). It didn't seem to work so I hid him behind a building near the church and was doing some exploring with my spy. Next thing I know he was captured and bound up in some building! I've been looking for him, but haven't had much success. Has anybody had this problem before and do you know where I might find him?

Thanx

Mike_B
21st Jul 2002, 12:46
Originally posted by J691
In the Colditz castle mission I lost Tread!

I was using him to try and kill the 3 patroling soldiers(patrolling around the church). It didn't seem to work so I hid him behind a building near the church and was doing some exploring with my spy. Next thing I know he was captured and bound up in some building! I've been looking for him, but haven't had much success. Has anybody had this problem before and do you know where I might find him?

Thanx

as far as I know you can't be captured in C2, but you can try to find him by hitting threads hotkey --> 5

David
8th Aug 2002, 05:05
i am afraid @m,but you are wrong.you can be captured in some missions.for eg in mission 1 if gestapo spos natsaha they will capture her!
try this if you arent lazy

Rapid
8th Aug 2002, 16:19
Cool! I didn't know that was possible. To locate him do as @am notes, press his hot key and the screen will center on him. Then you have the fun of trying to figure out how to spring him. Hmmm, let's see, send Spooky in disguise to distract his guards or lead them outside around the corner of the hallway while someone else slips in to release him? Or have Tiny flatten himself against the wall by the door and knock on the wall 'til one of the guards comes out, then bonk him and tie him up? Or set up someone with a rifle to take them all out as they run out of the room? So many ways....

Mack the Knife
8th Aug 2002, 19:01
So many ways....
hmmm, david did this SS guy capture her in your mission? i'm curious where they took her and (as rapid is frothing at the mouth :D) what you did to rescue her. it was a while back but i don't think i ever saw a gestapo guy in mission 1.

Xcom
8th Aug 2002, 19:31
Originally posted by Mack the Knife

but i don't think i ever saw a gestapo guy in mission 1.

http://www.strategyplanet.com/commandos/images/m1b1_o.jpg

Near the left side of the hangar.

AFAIK, I always got shot by them and not captured.

Mack the Knife
8th Aug 2002, 19:59
ah ha, now i remember natasha stumbling around in the dark (instead of crawling) by that guy the first time i played the mission and when he recognized her they opened up. didn't try it several times to see if they would capture her but i'm going with @m on this one. i don't think you can be captured and david's been eating underwater beans and isn't thinking straight.

David
9th Aug 2002, 03:39
they bring her to the house where lupin must hide.so they bring her to the room farthest from lupin and tie her and go away.she lie her alone.
try this if you are not lazy.

1shot1kill
9th Aug 2002, 18:10
Strange, they always started shooting at her right away in my game, what difficulty are you playing on David?

Mike_B
9th Aug 2002, 18:33
Originally posted by David
i am afraid @m,but you are wrong.you can be captured in some missions.for eg in mission 1 if gestapo spos natsaha they will capture her!
try this if you arent lazy


No, they didn't catch her, but I tried this in other missions where gestapo/patrol leader(s) are in, like mission 9 & 10. In is paris burning I got captured, but there where no other soldiers in the neighberhood, used cheats to test it quickly and putted my men right before the patrol leader and they capturede me. So on the moment I have come to the conclusion that (the patrol) will only capture you when normal soldiers not shoot on you, if they do shoot at you the patrol will join them.

this is only a temporary conclusion untill I've did some more testing;)

David
9th Aug 2002, 19:47
Originally posted by 1shot1kill
Strange, they always started shooting at her right away in my game, what difficulty are you playing on David? try it at lowest difficulty.i think it is not possible at very hard(cuz i completed it and no one ever captured me)

1shot1kill
11th Aug 2002, 12:23
Bah :p