PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Awaiting the release

member_10538132
21st Aug 2012, 07:18
Hello all,

My name is Neorei and active poster in the FFXIV and also a Active blogger in lodestone(FFXIV Info Hub), I also run a Mid-game Linkshell. (we do level 50 events but still have that social feel and not as quite as hardcore as endgame).

I'm here to help you out on any questions regarding FFXIV 2.0!!!!

right now FFXIV is going through a major change and if you played the game in launch and haven't touched it since well i got some news for you. The game is drastically different and, soon enough t he game will change 90% from the ground up.

here is a GC trailers for the new upcoming FFXIV 2.0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYMrFXcqvk4&feat... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYMrFXcqvk4&feature=relmfu)

and now also gameplay of FFXIV 2.0

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGqrs3c-Eb8&feat... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGqrs3c-Eb8&feature=player_embedded#!)

also we have an active FFXIV forums so if you see any topic of interest please read it through.

forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/141 (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/141)

if you have any questions about the game please feel free to ask, i'll try my best to answer them for you.

BTW i'm no representation of SE, nor do i work for them, i'm just trying to promote FFXIV :D

Junio103
15th Nov 2012, 18:51
Hello,I'm big in the series as you guys .I am very anxious for the arrival of the game.I'm from Brazil, and wanted to say that there are a large number of fans of the series, with the arrival of the game.

XxTrigger
20th Nov 2012, 05:05
i read that previously they used an exp system where you can only use one class for a set amount of time and then exp gradually reduces... will it be the same in a realm reborn?

will it be pay to play?

and as for the pet system there isn't many details yet... will there be melding / combining? something like battle of immortals, or to go more into depth monster rancer / jade cocoon in terms of pet appearance ( more realistic as a future patch?)

XxTrigger
20th Nov 2012, 05:12
i read that previously they used an exp system where you can only use one class for a set amount of time and then exp gradually reduces... will it be the same in a realm reborn?

will it be pay to play?

and as for the pet system there isn't many details yet... will there be melding / combining? something like battle of immortals, or to go more into depth monster rancer / jade cocoon in terms of pet appearance ( more realistic as a future patch?)

Bhalditar
20th Nov 2012, 10:14

That, I believe, was previously known as the Fatigue system that wasn't implemented in the previous version. What exists right now in FINAL FANTASY XIV is a conventional system of gaining experience, and there are no limitations on how much you may gain. You're also able to gain "rested experience" when you log out from your inn room. The rested experience you accrue will allow you to level at an accelerated rate when you log in the next time.

will it be pay to play?

Yes. FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN will have a paid monthly subscription. $12.99/month is the default rate.

A REALM REBORN will have a system that will let you raise your own chocobo, and that chocobo can even participate in combat with you. Of course you'll be able to ride them where you please as well. Other types of mounts are planned such as Coeurl and Ahriman. I'm not familiar with Jade Cocoon's pet system, but the team has mentioned that there will be a different variety of appearances and chocobo barding.

The Materia system that was implemented in FINAL FANTASY XIV will be coming to A REALM REBORN. You'll be able to meld different tiers of materia into your gear to bestow different effects like an Accuracy or MP bonus. The Spiritbond system will allow you to convert gear into materia, so you can amass quite a collection over time.

XxTrigger
20th Nov 2012, 15:12
thanks for answering.

exp while taking a rest?

when this game comes out i'll barely ever be logged out... lol!
as long as it comes out before summer...

-----

12.99 a month on top of $68 ... =\ (just pre ordered it)

seems steep...

however if it is possible to sell rare items from the game for real cash it will be worth it?

lets hope that squareenix does something along the lines of call of duty elite - where you buy it ONCE for the period of a year or something...

------

raising your own chocobo's is cool and all... but not necesarily what i was getting at.
in battle of immortals your able to capture enemies, quest for special pets, or buy special pets. when they reach a certain level, you can combine them with another one, and it starts back at level 1. with stats boosted, and a different apperance . a good example would be... lets see what a good example woud be .... i'll take something from the ff world.

lets say you caught a behemoth and a marlboro.
and then leveled both those pets to 30 or w.e and combine them.
the result would be something like a green behemoth with bad skin and putrid breath perhaps some tentacles, and added poison attack to the enemy.

i would really like to see something like this brought to ff as it brings challenge, fun, and individuality. your very own abomantion .

didn't know about the ahriman being a mount. thats just awesome.

selodaoc
23rd Nov 2012, 13:38
I have the Collectors Edition for the old version, but i havent used the codes or anythign for it. Will i be able to use those for 2.0?

Bhalditar
24th Nov 2012, 09:22
exp while taking a rest?

Correct! You don't gain experience while you're logged out, but you gain this "rested" status so that the next time you log in it's easier to level because you're refreshed! It's a nice feature if you have to take a break for a few days.

however if it is possible to sell rare items from the game for real cash it will be worth it?

I assume you mean something like the real money auction house in Diablo III -- no, there will be no such feature in A REALM REBORN.

lets hope that squareenix does something along the lines of call of duty elite - where you buy it ONCE for the period of a year or something...

I believe they're looking into alternative options for payment, we'll have to wait for any forthcoming announcements. I don't believe a free-to-play option will be on the table for a while, though they have considered it.

raising your own chocobo's is cool and all... but not necesarily what i was getting at.
in battle of immortals your able to capture enemies, quest for special pets, or buy special pets. when they reach a certain level, you can combine them with another one, and it starts back at level 1. with stats boosted, and a different apperance . a good example would be... lets see what a good example woud be .... i'll take something from the ff world.

lets say you caught a behemoth and a marlboro.
and then leveled both those pets to 30 or w.e and combine them.
the result would be something like a green behemoth with bad skin and putrid breath perhaps some tentacles, and added poison attack to the enemy.

I don't believe a system like that will be in A REALM REBORN, but that sounds pretty cool.

didn't know about the ahriman being a mount. thats just awesome.

Via the latest Letter from the Producer, there will be a coeurl mount too!

[/quote]

Ryukennea
31st May 2013, 23:15
I'm not here to bash or complain or anything like that. I just want to have an open-minded conversation about how everyone is REALLY feeling about FFXIV:ARR and what HIGH HOPES we all have for this game to make a comeback.

I come from FFXI, I was a DRG/WAR mostly. I loved how it forced us to party up, socialize and connect. It was really hard sometimes to get a party but at the same time it left you with such a rewarding experience to level up and get stronger. Was FFXI perfect? No. But I haven't found a rewarding expeerience like it since I left it. Nothing has come close. I really miss it, and I miss how we all used to socialize - even if it was bad sometimes. It was hard, but we worked as a team to level up.

I'm still new to ARR and it does not sound like we will be forced to be in a party to hit the max level or whatever it is to be end-game, but I'm hoping that it has the same rewarding feeling as FFXI did. If it does, this game will be a success in my eyes. I want this game to succeed so bad, I grew up with the whole Final Fantasy thing and I'm not trying to be over-dramatic - I just don't want to see it fail again. I'm just being honest! I've signed up for the beta and I hope I get in, because I'm really excited for the gameplay. I've read, been told, and seen it to be similar to FFXI in a lot of ways.

I haven't found a linkshell yet for this, but if there are any decent sized/active linkshells recruiting, hit me up! I'm going to be playing Dragoon (nostalgia!) again. So what are your thoughts? Be honest, do you think this is going to make a comback? Why or why not?

LennethLionK3
1st Jun 2013, 00:19
It looks like it will be a great game to me. I also played FFXI, for about 5 years, and my favorite part was actually camping NM's and Party grinding (back when you had to...). From what I have seen so far in FFXIV, the best parts in FFXI (in my eyes) won't be a part of FFXIV. Rather mainly partying up for events and getting gear that way also. So if I do start playing FFXIV at some point, I won't have high expectations based on those 2 things. But it's good to keep an open mind and see the game and all the hard work that has been put into it, and make your judgements from there.

I remember playing pld and holding hate in LoO while a drk, blm, and rng were going off nonstop doing big dmg, gives you a good feeling. And playing sam/rng with a soboro and unloading sidewinder every 3 seconds. XD Having static exp parties with friends. I really don't expect any other game to be as fun as FFXI once was, but you can always hope.

Fubar4585
1st Jun 2013, 00:26
I'm in a similar boat as you. I lost interest after FFX. Never really had a chance to play XI and I kinda missed that train when I could play it.

I personally have very high hopes for this game for many reasons. They failed horribly at 1.0 and seem to be very in tuned with the players for 2.0. Due to my skepticism I gathered as much information as I could to make a decision on whether or not to attempt to lose a few months/years to this game. Throughout the late nights of videos, interviews, and forum discussion....I believe we have a winner.

Keep in mind also that I NEVER pay subscriptions unless I am completely in awe and think it would actually save me money in the long run due to the fact I have a habit of buying multiple titles to keep myself entertained. The last game I paid a sub for is WoW. I stopped quite a while back.

Anyways, I'll quit rambling. lol. I feel this game to be another one to go on the list of GREATNESS as a part of the FF franchise. It has everything I want in an MMO. To top it off.....It's going to be on PS3! That really blew my mind. They also made a Gamepad Demo video to show how it works on a controller, and if you ask me...I believe that will pave the way for future MMOs for console.

So what do you like/dislike about it?

Are you going to play PS3 or PC(if you play at all)?

P.S. I also would LOVE to get beta access as well. Preferrably for PS3 since that's what I pre-ordered. : )

Ryukennea
1st Jun 2013, 01:54
I'm aiming for the PC version IF my pc can even run it. I want to try and build my own PC but I doubt I'll have the money any day soon, I might go with the PS3 version just because of this. I played FFXI on my PS2 for the entirety that I did play it, and it ran fine - rarely lagged/got d/ced.

However, with the PS4 around the corner I'm not sure it's a wise idea. I don't want them to pull some crap on me like: "Oh sorry, all expansion are for PS4 players only now, kthxbai." - I wouldn't put it past them to do that...

So for now I don't know 100% - That's why I want in the beta so I can see if my PC will handle it. I can always compare my specs but in my experience that does not always mean you'll run it as smooth as you want to.

LennethLionK3
1st Jun 2013, 02:07
There is a FFXIV benchmark out right now, and there will be a newer benchmark with a character creator just before release if you need to test your PC.

Fubar4585
1st Jun 2013, 02:51
I'm aiming for the PC version IF my pc can even run it. I want to try and build my own PC but I doubt I'll have the money any day soon, I might go with the PS3 version just because of this. I played FFXI on my PS2 for the entirety that I did play it, and it ran fine - rarely lagged/got d/ced.

However, with the PS4 around the corner I'm not sure it's a wise idea. I don't want them to pull some crap on me like: "Oh sorry, all expansion are for PS4 players only now, kthxbai." - I wouldn't put it past them to do that...

So for now I don't know 100% - That's why I want in the beta so I can see if my PC will handle it. I can always compare my specs but in my experience that does not always mean you'll run it as smooth as you want to.

I can understand that for sure. It's probably 25% of the reason I went PS3. My computer is 'mid' grade as I like to put it.

i5 3.0 processor

HD6670 Radeon 2gig Graphics card.

It can run the game I'm sure...but I think performance would be better on my ps3. Not to mention Sitting on my couch and who knows....by how the controller is set up it might even be quicker for me vs kb and mouse. lol.

In either case. My PSN is Fubar4585 as well, so if you decide to go that route hit me up.

x3Noctis
1st Jun 2013, 12:20
Well I read a lot of information about it, I'm updated to the latest blog and such too. I seen all the Live Letters and everything. 1.0 was horrible yeah but after replacing the producer and director with Yoshida, everything immediately changed. He's a player of MMORPG himself and just that alone gave me faith.

Who else knows what the players want than a player himself? He played Tera, WoW, Guild Wars, and such. All games I've played and he used that experience to make FFXIV: ARR more interesting and better. He also asked the community what they wanted out of FFXIV: ARR so I'm sure people from XI included things you might love too. So yes, I have a lot of faith in it.

He went through a lot of changes compared to 1.0, and yes, you can definitely call it a new game even if some elements are the same. They're not completely the same. Visuals are amazing, story line is a lot better, game play is more smoother, and a lot of features to keep you entertained if you're taking a break from leveling or partying and such.

I can't wait to play this game. I already have a few friends who are also excited. Final Fantasy has rarely ever disappointed me and what I'm looking forward to is the story line. Since most MMORPGS have a hard time giving a decent story line and what makes Square Enix so amazing is the story line.

I'm a GRAPHIC WHORE. Meaning I can't play a game if the graphics are bad, but what's cool about Final Fantasy is that, when I play their games, their story, even if it's a simple graphic game like Final Fantasy I/II/III or Final Fantasy Tactics for example. The story line is amazing. You just can't help but get sucked into it. And I want that. SO BADLY.

Hahah now I'm just rambling on. Well more information will be released before the game comes out. :)

Reaper83
1st Jun 2013, 12:26
yea I played FFXI on xbox360 I was a DRG/SAM loved the game I preordered FFXIV ARR Im hoping game is a success I signed up for ps3 beta and got the early access code Im aso looking for a guild to join or make so I can play and grind and party up with ppl thinking bout a lancer maurder or gladitor not sure yet my psn is Crimson_Gunz83

SoulEaterQUEEN
13th Jun 2013, 16:24
Just out of curiousity, what is everyone psyched about the most: Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, or Final Fantasy XV?

Personally, I am most excited for the Realm Reborn :) But the other games look amazing too :D

x3Noctis
13th Jun 2013, 16:30
It's hard to be excited for Final Fantasy XV since well, I used to be excited about it but it seems so far away, even if it's coming out next year. However I am excited for A Realm Reborn since I preordered it and plan to play it.

I don't really like the XIII series but that's cause I never played it.

Phoenix_Down
13th Jun 2013, 16:38
The FF13 Series is meh I dont feel that the FF games have been as good since 10 and under, I'm most excited for ARR since its coming out sooner, as for FF15 I am excited but it'll probably be a while before it comes out.

Olandese
16th Aug 2013, 14:09
Your loading Que number is 2,354,782,947 estimated wait time 9 hours. we here at SE apologize about the wait times but it would seem that 3/4 of WoW players have canceled there substitutions to play FFXIV. once again we apologize about the long wait times. in the future we ask that you log into FFXIV before to leave for work. That way you will not have a long wait time to start playing our MMORPG once you are off work.

I'll be honest I'm only playing WoW now to just wast time untill early access!

darkcat1
16th Aug 2013, 14:24
hate to bust your bubble but I've always hated WoW. Leveling up super fast wasn't as much fun to me as battling trough the grind with friends(and laughing about the mistakes) and that rare weapon you just bought/found was actually useful for more than three levels. Also over time WoW has just become more and more of an online single player game since no one wants to talk to anyone unless it's time for rerunning the same 10+ boring raids(they keep adding raids) over and over again. *sigh* I miss pre-abbysya FFXI ^^ (fun, death, excitement).

I'm gonna use my weekend of beta like a crazy demo just to see if this is worth playing but I may not have the time to play the real game.