PDA

View Full Version : Pillars' destruction

playaphilosophy
21st Jul 2002, 06:12
Ok, from what I heard others were saying about the story behind Blood Omen 2, Kain killed 6 guardians of the Circle of Nine, therefore restoring their pillars except the Balance pillar. If those pillars are restored, then how come in Soul Reaver 1 all the pillars looked as if it has not been restored? This may be absurb, but I'm just curious.

Sade Lyrate
21st Jul 2002, 18:26
...Kain's refusal somehow 'undid' the restoration? 'Ruined' the
Pillars even more than their corruption had?
Or maybe, after the Vampire Lord said "No", the stasis that seemingly
keeps the Pillars intact from the effects of time and nature was
somehow lifted?

I think someone in the games themselves comments about this, and
at least in BO2's intro its claimed that the Pillars crumbled after Kain
made his decision...in his very steps, 'twould appear...

warpsavant
21st Jul 2002, 19:23
All the Pillars in Sr1 look fine to me. The Balance Pillar is clearly in worse shape than the other 8. And considering this was the seat of Kain's Empire, I would expect him to clean the place up a little bit. We cant have toppled columns of marble or whatever laying all over the throne room.

darien_specter
21st Jul 2002, 20:38
Ditto to warp. Even though two of the Guardians were not killed by Kain personally, all eight of their Pillars were restored with their tokens, and they still look fairly white as far as I can tell. But the Balance one is far gone from even the end of BO1; it's a rather nasty, sickly shade of green...

Though this just occurred to me: in SR2, in the future period, what do they look like? I don't remember...

warpsavant
21st Jul 2002, 21:01
In the future era of SR2 the pillars look like they do in the BO2 opening sequence when they fall down. Same exact IMO. They don't look much like they do in Sr1 but thats a long time after you see them in Sr2.

KainSyndrome101
22nd Jul 2002, 00:39
When there's no "balance," everything becomes corrupt, thus sealing all the Pillars' corruption.