PDA

View Full Version : Remake of Blood Omen in progress

BadGuysAlwaysWin
19th Jul 2002, 20:57
Alright, I have started my remake of Blood Omen using the Warcraft 3 engine. Since has an overhead view similar to Blood Omen, and allows you to lock your camera on the character, it might be fun. To those of you familiar with Warcraft 3, don't look beyond the dashes if you don't want to see who the characters will be (and if you do want to know, and you aren't familiar with the game, go to www.blizzard.com and find out about the various characters)

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Ok...
Kain = Death Knight Arthas
Living Kain = Paladin Arthas
Vorador = Dread Lord Tichondrius
Mortanius = Necromancer (or Lich)
Ariel = Banshee
Malek = Human Captain
Bane = Arch Druid
Dejoul = Sorceress
Nupraptor = Archmage
Hash'ak'gik = Lord Archimonde (or Doom Guard)
Moebius = Medivh
Lady Azimuth = Jaina Proudmoore
Legions of the Nemesis = Chaos Orcs
William = Orc Chieftain

Remind me if I'm missing any characters

Serul
19th Jul 2002, 21:41
You know that Medivh character has a voice very simular to Raziel's, but I can't find Micheal Bell in the credits. You know anything about that...

Are you going to incorporate any original models or are you going to use the originals. If you are it's not going to look a lot like Blood Omen, still... I wish you good luck.

BadGuysAlwaysWin
19th Jul 2002, 22:25
It is currently impossible to create your own custom skins in the WC3 editor. Blizzard has said that, quite possibly, the expansion will feature an update to the editor that will let u use custom skins. While there is a way, it requires you to make 3d models... Which I'm not too keen on doing right now.
Also, I was planning on taking the voiceovers heard in the game and putting it into the Blood Omen remake. I'm thinking about doing the same with the movies, but I will have to download them from somewhere first, as BO uses a different format for em.

blincoln
20th Jul 2002, 00:47
Michael Bell is definitely in there as the Prophet and several of the Undead voices.