PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Interrupted: Jolie Files for Divorce

Lara Croft Online
19th Jul 2002, 06:58
Marriage Interrupted: Jolie Files for Divorce

http://www.foxnews.com/images/60799/2_21_jolie_angelina_thorton_bill.jpg

Actors Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina Jolie
Thursday, July 18, 2002

LOS ANGELES — After weeks of rumors about a split, Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce from her husband, actor Billy Bob Thornton.

In an interview with Us Weekly to hit newsstands Friday, Jolie confirmed that she and Thornton had separated. And she added that she hasn't spoken to her Oscar-winning hubby in at least a month.

Regarding the split, Thornton, 46, issued a statement Thursday that said only: "It's a sad thing." Representatives of Jolie, 27, refused to comment further.

In the Us interview Jolie said, "I'm angry. I'm sad. It's a very difficult and sad time."

"Sometimes, you don't see things coming, even though they are happening. It was a real deep connection, a deep marriage, so it's not that simple to say this or that one thing caused the problems."

In divorce papers filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, Jolie cited "irreconcilable differences" and sought sole custody of their 11-month-old adopted son, Maddox, who was born in Cambodia. The papers also revealed that the couple have been apart since June 3.

Jolie wed Thornton after a whirlwind courtship in Las Vegas in 2000, the same year she won a best-supporting actress Oscar for Girl, Interrupted. Thornton was dating actress Laura Dern when he became involved with Jolie and started a romance with her unbeknownst to Dern. It was Thornton's fifth marriage and her second.

Thornton won an Oscar in 1997 for best screenplay for Sling Blade, for which he was also nominated for best actor.

The couple's love life has created much media buzz over the years and at one time they wore vials of each other's blood around their necks.

Jolie and her son are living in a hotel away from the couple's Beverly Hills, Calif., home; Jolie says she is unsure of where Thornton has been staying.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Source: Fox News http://www.foxnews.com

nanakki
19th Jul 2002, 07:53
oh the poor thing! :(

CatSuit&Ponytail
19th Jul 2002, 10:22
That's a sad thing, they seemed to be so happy.

I wish them well.

thanhkim
19th Jul 2002, 10:53
I thought this was just a rumor and that it was not true.

NZrevenge
19th Jul 2002, 10:58
It's sad when things like this happen... :(

Poor girl...

DaveJ
19th Jul 2002, 11:08
I was really hoping they could make it work, and stick two fingers up to all the nay-sayers who said it was doomed.

Thats 2 divorces for the lass....

TombRaiderChik
19th Jul 2002, 15:08
yesterday my mom heard on tv that angelina wants eveyrthing to work out in the end.

:(

i hope it does! they did seem very happy w/ eachother.

Lady in Black
20th Jul 2002, 03:44
Poor Angelina. Now she has to take care of her adopted baby all alone. Which (I heard) could be really hard especially without a partner on your side to help take care of the baby. Hopefully, despite her and her husband's divorce she could continue playing in Tomb Raider 2.
:mad: I just hate it when hollywood starz never stay together! It's like they continue from one partner to the next until they ended up marrying 15 people!
;) But fortunely, some starz stay together. I hope one day Angelina will find her TRUE love.
P.S.: Okay, now I'm beginning to sound really wierd. :D

Rose662
20th Jul 2002, 04:22
I was very sad to hear this news on tv and all over the news channels on the internet!

They seemed so much in love and so happy for a time! I was hoping it would last. I hope they could possibly work things out.

I hate it when marriages break up!

:(

whitemetal
20th Jul 2002, 10:23
From what i read in the local news paper it seems Billy Bob walked out on Angelina eleven days after the adoption, so if your ask me good riddens and don't come back........i wonder whats going to happen to the tattoos, maybe Angelina can change the B into an S and make it Silly Sob:D

thanhkim
21st Jul 2002, 08:03
I feel sorry for the little boy but I don't feel any sadness towards
Billy Bob or AJ maybe they got what they deserved.

Jewel
22nd Jul 2002, 05:07
"...it was a real deep connection, a deep marriage..."

...and at one time they wore vials of each other's blood around their necks...

Maybe it just got too intense for Billy Bob.

Polar_Andromeda
22nd Jul 2002, 06:26
I read in the news it was b/c Billy Bob cheated on Angelina. That might be why she's angry.:confused:

thanhkim
22nd Jul 2002, 10:41
Laura Dern who BB was dating at the time he met AJ said "I left our home to work on a movie and while I was away my boyfriend was getting married". Now what sort of girl is AJ to do that. Both are at fault for this marriage breakup and both got what they deserved the beauty of karma I say. BB was supposed to have cheated on AJ.

Source of information:
Called: ANGELINA FILES FOR DIVORCE
NW News Page 10 and 11
July 29th 2002.

ddev
22nd Jul 2002, 19:24
I think it's really sad, but I also think that lots of people just rush into things. What they've known eachother for two months and then they say hey let's get married. maybe they didn't even know eachother yet fully to know that they love eachother oh well.:(

dgx2001
22nd Jul 2002, 20:36
its sad news but i knew that marriage wouldent last. When i saw the figures on top of the wedding cake, there were lawyers.:D