PDA

View Full Version : Creating Fog

snickrep2002
19th Jul 2002, 06:21
In the tomb level, you can see this light blue fog. How do I make that fog?

Josep
19th Jul 2002, 08:59
To add fog you must use the "fog" bulb from the Object Menu. You only can change the radious of the "fog bulb" the light and color do not change anything. To set the color you can modify the script (fog=......) or place a flipeffect 28, in the timer you can select the color from 0 to 17 (check the list is the manual with the different RGB colors).

On additional thing must to be done. The Volumetrics must to be selected in the Tom Raider Setup.

Josep

aktrekker
19th Jul 2002, 16:20
The RGB color of the fog bulb changes how thick the fog is. The brighter the color, the thicker the fog.

snickrep2002
19th Jul 2002, 21:55
I did what you told me to do and I also looked in the manual. When I place the fog, I set it as a flipeffect and put the 28 and the color number. I do everything the manual tells me to do. Then I got to setup and turn on the FX thing and when the level opens the fog is all black and its hard to see.

Josep
19th Jul 2002, 22:54
What do you have in the field "Timer". Probably is set to 0 (black). Changing this value will set the color of the fog.

Josep

snickrep2002
19th Jul 2002, 23:18
can someone post a screenshot of what to put down.

snickrep2002
20th Jul 2002, 04:02
I keep trying and the fog is always black, I put different colors in the time option thing, but the fog is always black. I keep putting in 17 because i think that is red.

aktrekker
20th Jul 2002, 15:32
1) On the effects menu, pick the fog bulb and put it where you want the fog.
2) Click on the fog bulb and turn on lighting. Then use the RGB to set the thickness of the fog. The default is fine to tell if it works.
3) Place a trigger on the square where Lara starts. Change the type to Flipeffect. In the box next to Flipeffect enter 28. Set the timer to the color value (they are listed in the manual on page 97). When this is triggered, it turns on every fog bulb in the level.
4) In the TRLE setup, turn on Volumetric effects.
5) Play the level. There should be fog everywhere you placed a fog bulb.

snickrep2002
20th Jul 2002, 18:32
I look in the manual and see the colors, but it confuses me cause I don't what color the numbers are?

snickrep2002
20th Jul 2002, 18:51
Alright this is what I did:

I put the fog bulb were I wanted to put it.

I clicked on it and turned on the lighting, and I made the RGB Red.

I then placed a trigger on a square and then I opened up the trigger window and changed it to flipeffect. In the box next to flipeffect I put 28. Then in the timer box, I put number 17 because I am guessing that is red.

Then the setup I turned on volumertric FX on and then I played my level.

When I went into the fog room, the fog was still black.

What am I wrong :confused:

aktrekker
22nd Jul 2002, 12:05
The RGB on the fog bulb does not set the color. Try making the Red, Green, and Blue all the same value. Set them all to 255 for maximum fog thickness. You won't be able to see anything except the fog.
Depending on your video card and its drivers, you might not be able to see Volumetric effects. You could also check your DX setup and make sure you have hardware acceleration turned on.
The only other thing I can think of is you might need to reinstall the LE.