PDA

View Full Version : SoulReaver 2 for the Xbox?

caper
19th Jul 2002, 05:12
Will Soulreaver 2 be released for the Xbox? I hope so. Legacy of Kane is on both PS2 and Xbox. Anyone know anything About this?:D

Umah Bloodomen
19th Jul 2002, 05:46
Well Caper, from what I was just told, SR2 was signed as a Sony exclusive, and the contract length hasn't been disclosed yet.

Chris@Crystal (Our resident "Butterfly Lord" and Lead Tester for Crystal Dynamics) merely said there was no word if/when that would ever take place. (I knew this before the contract part).

I frequent the LoK forums a lot so feel free to bring your LoK inquires over there anytime! I am sure we can find some answers that will suit you. :)

caper
19th Jul 2002, 05:51
Thanks I will check out the LOK forum. Hopefully Soulreaver 2 will make it to the XBox.:)

ThatCanadianGuy
19th Jul 2002, 08:30
I'm REALLY hoping for Soul Reaver 2 on Xbox. Graphically it could be upgraded a lot, with better lighting and shadows, textures, etc. Please for the love of god put this game on XBox and Soul Reaver 3!! :)

willow
19th Jul 2002, 09:28
Well, it's not very likely (at least for the moment)... we don't know how long that contract was for... so it'd be best to put such thoughts out of your head.

KainSyndrome101
20th Jul 2002, 05:15
SR2 is not coming to the XBox. It was declared exclusive to the PS2 in August, 2001. Sorry, but I think the odds of it coming to XBox are less than slim to none.

willow
20th Jul 2002, 11:06
Allow me to reiterate on what I've said above. Yes it's exclusive... this is handled via a contract... now typically these contracts will last only a few years (although there are some that will break that mold) so by the time it would come to another console (i.e. the contract expired) there would be a lack of interest. So for the time being don't count on it... but the way Microsoft has been playing their cards they'd probably embrace SR2 on the Xbox (but as we all know Microsoft pushes for extras... so given the hypothetical, look for tons-o-fun packed in).

So the best thing I can say to you caper, is to just forget about it for the time being... it's a possibility... but not very likely.

KainSyndrome101
20th Jul 2002, 16:22
And another reason why it probably won't come to the XBox:

The XBox now has the lowest sales of any console each week, even less than the PSX. I hope it's gone a little higher, but I don't think it would be a good idea to port something over to a failing console. Let's face it, PS2 has won the war.

Unless XBox gets its sales up, I don't even think SR3 will appear on it. I hope that doesn't happen.

darien_specter
20th Jul 2002, 19:20
And given that as Dreamcast sales tanked and Sega ceased production, the Dreamcast version was cancelled (which probably got the PS2 and PC versions out faster), if XBox is going downhill, then no, I would bet on it... though with Microsoft, you never know, they might keep on pushing those things until they have to pay people to take them off their hands...

KainSyndrome101
20th Jul 2002, 19:38
Yeah, that's probably what they've been doing all this time.