PDA

View Full Version : Soul Reaver 3

playaphilosophy
19th Jul 2002, 01:31
Hi, new user, long time fan of Legacy of Kain. I want to ask you all about Soul Reaver 3, is it coming out? Is it already in progress with the production of this game? I heard there is an interview with Director of SR Amy Hennig was posted in this forum. Can you tell me where I can get a link to the interview? Another thing, is there really a PS3? What format will the PS3 reads? Thanks. Bye

Umah Bloodomen
19th Jul 2002, 02:00
According to Amy, there will be 3 games for each series. SR3 was supposed to be announced at the E3 convention in May, but was not. No word yet on when it will be formerly announced. I am expecting around late fall of this year or early spring of next year that it will be announced. Others are talking about it not being announced until the end of next year even.
We are waiting for word just as you are.

The link to the interview with Amy is:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169&highlight=warps+answers+from

Originally posted in the old forum by warpsavant, brought over here by Blincoln. (Definately worth your while).

As for the PS3. No there is not a PS3...yet. :p Give it time. When the PS2 acheives the dead/"Everybody has one" status as the PSX did, then they will come out with a 3rd version. Right now it's making too much money for Sony and they are living it up. :p

warpsavant
19th Jul 2002, 04:38
where does it say she said there would be 3 games in each series?

and was it really supposed to be announced at E3? I dont recall anyone from Eidos or CD saying it was being announced at E3. So Im curious! :D

Umah Bloodomen
19th Jul 2002, 04:51
I distinctly remember reading a thread confirming that by Amy on the "old fourm" I would love to go get it if I thought it was still relevent to anything, but alas I can't. And as for the E3 thing, Chris was the one that commented on that.

Don't screw with the wrath of the Butterfly Lord. :p

warpsavant
19th Jul 2002, 07:20
I remember reading it on the other forum, but I dont remeber Chris or Amy saying that. I remember other members saying they heard/read it, but I don't remember reading any interviews that said it. So I figured it was just rumors. But if you have it on good authority, then I'll take your word for it.

I don't remember Chris stating Sr3 would be announced at E3 or anything either. Maybe I just lost my biscuits.

ThatCanadianGuy
19th Jul 2002, 08:31
I hope Soul Reaver 3 finds it's way to Xbox.

willow
19th Jul 2002, 09:33
I don't recall any official news of three games per arc. Possibly just an idea that was tossed around by a member...
I think I would have remembered that... and we wouldn't always have the debate over how many SR games there should be.

Lozza Mate
19th Jul 2002, 10:56
I remember a thread where someone asked if SR3 will make an appearance at E3, Chris said that CrystalD would have a small stall there but probably wouldn't have SR3

playaphilosophy
20th Jul 2002, 04:29
After reading the interview and people's opinions, although it had convinced me alittle SR3 will be released. I'm still skeptical about the Soul Reaver 3 release, for x-sample, when Amy said in her Answer, "I know people are anxious to (finally) meet Turel, and hope he's in SR3. " That just give me little reasons to believed SR3 will ever come out.:confused:

Well, I want you all opinions on this because I really want SR3 to out and show me more secrets to Nosgoth past and present. I want to see whatever happened to Nosgoth future when it was left unattended for thousand of years. Also, I like seeing why the Soul Reaver appearance changed in SR2, and why can't it charged up and destroyed its enermies. I dont like it when I have to constantly watched the metter to the Reaver when it get aroused and turn itself on Raziel.

As for when it is formally annouced the release date, it should not take more than 6 months...like SR2, it was announced early but it took at least 2 years for its release, what's up with that?

Anyway SR3 should improved more, the battle system, encountering random enermies and GOD FORBID more battles with Bosses (experienced fighters). SR2 was more traveling, less Box Puzzles, still pulling and shooting. Elemental of the Reaver, should be more powerful. The Elemental enhancement was weak, it can't give an enermy a fatal blow.

This is something to think about when CD and Eidos trying to make a SR3. Thanks you all for sharing the infos.

warpsavant
20th Jul 2002, 05:27
What are you talking about Junior?

The SR3 news is here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=272

It's mentioned in that thread several times.

KainSyndrome101
20th Jul 2002, 05:29
Well, the first "official" info of SR2 was released in August, 2001(besides the old PSX version before that). It could possibly be the same case with SR3.

I also hope that a third Blood Omen game is in the works, for I really enjoyed BO1 and especially BO2.

playaphilosophy
20th Jul 2002, 06:58
Alright, thanks again. I finally believed SR3 is going to be released. I did not read all of the old threads since I'm new to this site. Much I need to read and know. Thank you for clearing up unfinished and bothersome infos I did not knew.

Janos and Raziel, Janos said "Raziel, My child what have they done to you." This is where I did not understand. How did Janos know Raziel in a deformed state? Why did he called Raziel, "My Child"? Are they related? Raziel, The Soul Reaver, met with Janos, Raziel speaks to Janos as if they had known each other before...Janos, the ancient, couldnt have met Raziel the Sarafan priest before that. Could he? Could Janos Audron be the father of Raziel (Haha, that be too weird, just kidding).

I hope SR3 will clear up more secrets to Nosgoth and the Elder God's secrets.

warpsavant
20th Jul 2002, 07:18
Me too.

Janos also talks about his obligation to Raziel wich also hints that they may have met before.

blincoln
20th Jul 2002, 08:03
There is definitely going to be an SR3. Whether or not there will be a third Blood Omen game is less certain.