PDA

View Full Version : Ok really, how does the Nexus Stone really work???????

keepittrue
19th Jul 2002, 01:30
I dont know how the Nexus Stone works but something tells me it has something to do with that Crystal Ball inside of Mobeius' staff...

Any Ideas????????????

willow
19th Jul 2002, 09:13
Magical nexus stone fairies.

blincoln
19th Jul 2002, 15:25
Only the legendary mage-smiths of Deus Ex Machina - where the stone was forged - could tell you. =)

Stone Cold
19th Jul 2002, 15:32
I believe there is a switch on the back.
Right below the text that says "Made in Taiwan".

Azuriel
19th Jul 2002, 17:08
Originally posted by Stone Cold
I believe there is a switch on the back.
Right below the text that says "Made in Taiwan".

:D hehehehehe :D

warpsavant
19th Jul 2002, 18:07
I dont know how the Nexus Stone works but something tells me it has NOTHING to do with that Crystal Ball inside of Mobeius' staff...

The Nexus stone "twists time and space to open up doorways" they never said it immobilizes Ancient Vampires.

It's possible that Moebius created the Stone, but I dont think it has anything to do with the Crystal on his staff.

keepittrue
19th Jul 2002, 20:10
Originally posted by warpsavant

The Nexus stone "twists time and space to open up doorways" they never said it immobilizes Ancient Vampires.

Hmm, interesting, where did you get that info from?
I still think it most probably is that crystal ball, it would explain alot and who knows, maybe Mobeius crystal does he same thing. Also considering he was the time guardian.

warpsavant
19th Jul 2002, 22:35
I tried to access Ardeth's site where the dialogue is, but alas, could not.

But Vorador says the "nexus stone twists time and space" and I think the Beast or Janos mentions it as well. So, Ill try and get the exact quotes when the site works again.

I see the connection you are trying to make I just dont think there is enough dots to connect it. Maybe th stone is the staff, but I do not think so.

Tried again, still dont work
http://www.darkchronicle.co.uk/sr2script.html

If you can access that site look in the ARCHIVE for the BO2 script.

blincoln
20th Jul 2002, 00:44
I know the quote Warp is talking about. It's the one where Vorador says it allows a portal to be opened to anywhere in Nosgoth.
I'm also pretty sure they're not related. They're different sizes, and they have different uses, even if they are both round and blue.

keepittrue
20th Jul 2002, 01:24
I could not access the site either, however I may be wrong (or right) but I just dont like the idea of all of a sudden there is a stone that can some how stop the soul reaver, and Mobeius' staff disabled Raziels wraith blade (and I do know the reason why it did) and they both look , they just seem too eerily similar.

Umah Bloodomen
20th Jul 2002, 03:44
Originally posted by blincoln
I know the quote Warp is talking about. It's the one where Vorador says it allows a portal to be opened to anywhere in Nosgoth.
I'm also pretty sure they're not related. They're different sizes, and they have different uses, even if they are both round and blue.

;) :p But seriously though, it is funny that you mentioned this Blinc as it has got me thinking...

1. I am curious to the origins of the stone, simply for the mere fact it "opens portals" (obviously it protects from the SR).

Now, I have commented before on an alleged "alliance" between the Hylden and Hash'ak'gik (seeing I am inclined to believe the Hylden were banished to his dimesion). Anyways, seeing that Hash is a pretty powerful entity, could he have possibly forged the Nexus Stone? Perhaps as a token to the Hylden so they could re-enter Nosgoth once the Pillars were corrupted?

Another suggestion that I have (seeing that I like to bring back mentions of past entities within the games :p) Could the Nexus Stone be similar to that of Lady Azimuth's third eye? The properties of each are strikingly similar and this would better support my opinion of Hash'ak'gik's involvment?

Can't wait for the feedback on this one. :p

warpsavant
20th Jul 2002, 05:50
Umah:
I was in the heart of the main factory in the Industrial Quarter. Before the guards discovered me, I had found a huge central chamber that housed some kind of... magic portal. The portal looked into a place the likes of which I had never seen before. And this portal was held open by a single source of magic - a stone, set on a pedestal. Vorador, I believe it was the Nexus Stone.

Vorador:
The Nexus Stone. Of course!

Kain:
What is this thing? Explain.

Vorador:
The Nexus Stone is an item of great power. It can bend time and space to create doorways to any location within Nosgoth. I know not why the Sarafan Lord would be using it within the Industrial Quarter, but we could put it to great use.

Kain:
And what use is that?

Vorador:
One who wears the stone cannot be harmed by the Soul Reaver.

Kain:
And is this but a legend, to be proved false at the fatal moment?

Vorador:
Oh no, no legend at all. It has been proven. The Sarafan Lord wore the stone when he defeated you two hundred years ago.

Kain:
What?

And then later.

Janos:
I must tend to Vorador. Proceed without us, Kain. I can teleport you to a place near the gate, but you will have to close it on your own. Use the Nexus Stone. Cast it into the gate, and the magic of the stone will destroy it utterly.

I think the link to the site I was using is old, darkchronicle.uk.co worked.

I think the Nexus Stone is something new, and has nothing to do with anything we have previously seen.

Moebius staff did disable the wraithblade, however, it DID NOT effect the Blood Reaver, and I think it is very hazy what effect (if any) Moebius staff would have on the Soul Reaver. Simply because it's also unclear what powers are granted for weilding the Soul Reaver. Alot of ? marks.

keepittrue
20th Jul 2002, 08:31
Good one Umah, I like the idea of Azumiths' third eye.

True Warp, however tho, I believe that Mobeius could have had an impact on the Blood Reaver but he just chose not to for reasons we all know, it would screw with his plans.
The whole reason why I believe Mobeius staff affects the Wraith Blade and not Raziel is because the wraith blade was in the Reaver so long it absorbed its Vampiric properties. Same thing with the Soul Reaver, it still retained Vampiric properties but just absorbs souls and not blood. Thus the stone would still have a great affect on the Reaver/Soul Reaver/ Wraith Blade and NOT Raziel. They all contain those certain Vampiric qualities which would allow the stone to disable them/have no affect on the bearer. Raz does NOT contain those same Vampiric qualities as the Reavers/Blades.

warpsavant
21st Jul 2002, 05:16
at the end of Soul Reaver 2, the Orb disables the wraithblade, but not the properties of the Blood Reaver. Raziel's wraithblade was immobilized, but he was still virtually unstoppable. I dont think the Orb effects the Blood Reaver. It was still doing its thing even though the Orb was doing its thing. How do you explain that?

The Nexus Stone twists time and space, it does not immobilize vampires, it did not immobilze the Soul Reaver, the weilder was just immune to the weapon. It's very possible the weilder of the Nexus stone is in a state similiar to the one you are in when you where wraith armor. The bearer of the stone could even be outside of time and space, and that's why they are immune.

I don't think they are the same object, I dont think its Azimuths third Eye. I think its the thing that Sam and Mike and whoever needed to have a plausible reason for why Kain would lose, how he would destroy the gate, the thing he would kill Umah over, all wrapped in one. So its something they made up, and not something somebody else made up IMO.

I do however agree with why the Orb messes with the wraithblade!

Ranmyaku
21st Jul 2002, 05:38
The Nexus Stone seems to be, the Hyldens last ditch effort to have a second chance at staying in Nosgoth. It was probably at first a defence against the Reaver for perhaps, the leader of the Hylden. But later, as they found they were going to be sent to the demon dimension and could not change that fact, they were able to adapt the Nexus Stone's energy to allow it form portals through the dimensions.

Sounds good doesn't it? ;)

keepittrue
21st Jul 2002, 09:33
I do understand everything you are saying Warp and it does sound lagitimate. However If you notice, the only time Mobeius uses the staff, he only does it when Raziel weilds the Wraith Blade and not the Blood Reaver. Also, we all know that the wraith blade IS a duplicate of Raziels soul and I doubt Mobeius could control Raziel, because when he activated his staff it did not affect Raziel, only the wraith blade and to me there is only one explanation for that. If Raziel weilded the Blood Reaver at Mobeius and Mobeius used his staff I do believe it would affect the Vampiric powers within the blade. We dont know too much of anything about the stone in the staff, the only thing we know is when someone actually USED it, it immobilised Vampires and also the Wraith Blade. Havent you ever wondered why it would affect Raziels wraith blade but not Raziel if they are the exact same soul. The only conclusion I came up with is the simple fact that the wraith blade was in the Reaver for so long it absorbed its Vampiric properties thus giving Mobeius staff the ability to control it. Also Warp you definitely have to take into account that Mobeius did want Raziel to use the Reaver so he can be trapped inside the Reaver. It would not be wise for Mobeius to disable the Reaver even tho he wanted Raziel to use it and its powers.

The nexus stone which as you say twist Time and space. One thing which also leads me to this conclusion is that it would make since that a time guardian aka Mobeius would create such a stone. It shields the bearer from the soul reaver, who says Mobeius staff did not do the same thing, every time Mobeius had his staff Raziel did not have any Reaver except at the end when Raziel tried to get Mobeius as he walked away. There is no way to tell if they are related for certain but to me it leaves close to no doubt they are the same thing.

I also wanted to say that the last thing you said warp was also an idea I was thinking about too, they just needed a reason for Kain getting beat up.

Power reaver
21st Jul 2002, 12:22
I dont think they are the same , but they may be related . Perhaps they the same maker Moeb or it could be the Hylden .

warpsavant
21st Jul 2002, 17:54
I don't think the staff works that way. I think the staff is either ON or OFF, and we all know it was on at the end of SR2, and the properties of the Blood Reaver were not effected.

Vorador:

I have heard tell of strange discoveries deep underground. Ancient legends speak of huge machines deep in the earth, left by the Gods in aeons past.

If the gods can leave huge machines, then they can leave pretty magic rocks.

keepittrue
21st Jul 2002, 21:42
Who knows, maybe, maybe not. Cant say for certain those gods made the stone and we cant be for certain mobeius made the stone either. If the gods did make the stone Mobeius could still run across it tho.

The case as to if the staff can only be on or off I dont really buy considering the sarafan used it on Janos but at that time it did not have an affect on Raziels wraith blade. I think the user can control what they wanted it to do.

But like I said before who knows I just cant wait for SR3.

warpsavant
21st Jul 2002, 22:02
That is an interesting point about the wraithblade in the Retreat when the staff was on.

I really can't explain why that would be so. It makes sense that Moebius would have more command of the powers of the staff than Turel, and maybe the reason the wraithblade was effected by the Orb is not what we think. Maybe it's simple, and has something to do with how far away Raz was from the Staff at that time.

Because I came to the conclusion that if the vampire energy commingles with Raziel in the Sword, and adapts the properties, and this is why it is effected by the Orb, then the Orb SHOULD'VE stopped the Vampire Qualities of the Reaver at the end of Sr2 when it disabled the wraithblade. But it didn't.

blincoln
21st Jul 2002, 23:01
Moebius probably didn't want to disable the vampiric aspect of the Blood Reaver because then the Sarafan wouldn't have been killed, or they would have been killed but Raziel would have consumed their souls.
I usually don't post in theory threads anymore, but IMO it was Moebius that allowed for Kain to raise them again as his sons.

Umah Bloodomen
21st Jul 2002, 23:19
Originally posted by blincoln
Moebius probably didn't want to disable the vampiric aspect of the Blood Reaver because then the Sarafan wouldn't have been killed, or they would have been killed but Raziel would have consumed their souls.
I usually don't post in theory threads anymore, but IMO it was Moebius that allowed for Kain to raise them again as his sons.

Interesting thought there indeed!

As for not posting in theory threads anymore, you have to admit that they are kinda fun. :p (and spice up your usual replies to technical threads which are a valuable asset to many players here I might add). ;)

blincoln
21st Jul 2002, 23:39
Oh, they're definitely fun, I just generally prefer to play Caterpillar Squire and sit back and watch other people hash it out.

Umah Bloodomen
21st Jul 2002, 23:41
I'm ready...wheres the next battle? Oops I mean debate? :p

warpsavant
22nd Jul 2002, 02:26
But if the reason the Orb disabled the wraithblade is BECAUSE it has vampire properties, it doesn't make sense that when Moebius is using the Orb to disable the wraithblade, that it doesn't effect the Blood Reaver.

I agree Moebius orchestrated the events to take place the way they did, Im not exactly sure HE was the one who ensured that the Souls of the Sarafan made it safely to the Underworld, that isn't his sphere of influence. But he definately wanted that to happen.

But why I wondered would the staff have any effect on the Reaver? LOL stupid V.O.'s

blincoln
22nd Jul 2002, 03:04
I think that it just allows the user to selectively target things to disable, rather than being an on/off type of deal. Moebius is a smart guy, he would know enough to make a precision tool instead of a sledgehammer.
This would also explain why Raziel was unaffected when the Sarafan used the staff on Janos - they assumed he was a demon, which would be unaffected by the staff, so they didn't even bother trying it on him.

Azrael
22nd Jul 2002, 03:06
Originally posted by warpsavant
I dont know how the Nexus Stone works but something tells me it has NOTHING to do with that Crystal Ball inside of Mobeius' staff...

It's possible that Moebius created the Stone, but I dont think it has anything to do with the Crystal on his staff.

Could the stone have any link to the WARPgates ( :p ) in SR1?

Remember the Elder sayings?

Elder God:
These gates twist space, laying a path across great spans.

keepittrue
22nd Jul 2002, 04:06
I like both your points Blincoln and Warp, but I think I am leaning more towards what Blincoln stated. Thanx for all the replies, I just wanted to get some other peoples views.

PS. Umah, I am also always up for a good debate, if you have one in mind let us know.