PDA

View Full Version : Which level should I release as a demo?

LeeO
18th Jul 2002, 19:21
Which level should I release as a demo? (from Triangle of Light)

House 1
The first house level, this is just training.

House 2
The gunmen break into Lara's mansion and attack her.

Both levels, however, are very short.

BTW, where has the "post a poll" thing gone?

lara_croft_AOD(danny.k)
18th Jul 2002, 19:22
just training

LarzBritsh
18th Jul 2002, 20:05
Training would be cool

MountainDewNut
19th Jul 2002, 03:49
House 1
Training

RaidRs Revenge
19th Jul 2002, 05:49
training would be awesome!

daily raider
24th Jul 2002, 23:49
TRAINING!!!

It'd be best if the first level of the game was used as a demo so people get to see the game in early developement and know it could only get better! Plus i'm eager to see how your Simon robot works!!!

daily raider

Chronicles5
24th Jul 2002, 23:51
polls are back!! training. :)

LeeO
25th Jul 2002, 15:11
Originally posted by daily raider
TRAINING!!!

It'd be best if the first level of the game was used as a demo so people get to see the game in early developement and know it could only get better! Plus i'm eager to see how your Simon robot works!!!

daily raider

I don't have a Simon robot... :(

daily raider
25th Jul 2002, 15:18
i still say training!!!

daily raider

V_Croft
25th Jul 2002, 16:10
Training! :D

lara_croft_AOD(danny.k)
25th Jul 2002, 18:09
lee i can try to make you a simon object?:confused:

LeeO
26th Jul 2002, 15:53
Originally posted by lara_croft_AOD(danny.k)
lee i can try to make you a simon object?:confused:

Really? WOW :eek: cool! If you could, then please do it! YAY!

PROGRESS REPORT: I'm currently expanding her mansion a little bit, but I'm still unsure whether I'm gonna have an outside... (I did try it, and it was a headgemaze and everything, but it all crashed and I don't know if I can be bothered to build the outside again... :p ) As for inside on the training level, you'll have to get out of the Egyptian Training room after finding the key to Lara's Garage. You then need to find your way into the room next to her bedroom which has the crowbar in, this will allow you to get the clock from the secret room. You can also explore the mansion while you search for the items. :) What do you think?

Netslider
26th Jul 2002, 16:08
Why should you release demos? Are you thinking of selling the other levels or making them unavailable? If you're thinking of selling them that is illegal.
Just release all the levels in full.
Sorry if I'm understanding things wrongly.

LeeO
26th Jul 2002, 16:15
No, its just to give people a taster of the levels that I am creating. There are gonna be six. It's based on the TR Movie.

LeeO
29th Jul 2002, 13:35
Originally posted by Netslider
Why should you release demos? Are you thinking of selling the other levels or making them unavailable? If you're thinking of selling them that is illegal.
Just release all the levels in full.
Sorry if I'm understanding things wrongly.

And I also can't believe that you've never heard of anyone releasing a demo before...