PDA

View Full Version : Temple Of The Dragon (Oriental Adventure)

Storm Chaser
18th Jul 2002, 19:05
I've renamed it to Temple Of The Dragon. Sounds much better.

The game - after making your way across the lava flows and finding the mountains you enter the temple courtyard and assuming you have found the key to the door, you can go into the temple.

Now you can find the gate key and choose 1 of 4 sub levels to explore in any order you like. In each of these levels will be part of the quest secrets and another gate key to open the other levels and a finish key (of which you need all 4) to open the gates to the finish levels. So far, I've done The Garden of Tranquility and part of The Wells of Enligthenment.

I can't think of any other level ideas at the moment so any suggestions very welcome.

After you have done the four sub levels you have a choice of 2 endings (assuming you find all the keys).

New screen shots here.

www.geocities.com/stormchasertrle/orient.html

psiko
20th Jul 2002, 17:14
WONDERFUL! I was missing this thread...
:o
WHEW! they are so beautiful, full of colors and good lights!!
when this will be ready?
I am downloading your "Castle Malvernia" right now! :o :D :D :D

MountainDewNut
20th Jul 2002, 18:34
Beautiful. Keep up the good work.

Storm Chaser
21st Jul 2002, 19:36
Originally posted by psiko
WONDERFUL! I was missing this thread...
:o
WHEW! they are so beautiful, full of colors and good lights!!
when this will be ready?
I am downloading your "Castle Malvernia" right now! :o :D :D :D

Today (Sunday 21st) I have just finished the last of the 4 sub levels - 140 rooms approx split between the 4 subs and the intro mountain ranges, leaving 100 say for the escape section and add the music and camera clues ect.

The sub levels are called - at the moment - but they may change.

Gardens Of Tranquility
Wells Of Doom
Corridoors of death
Caves of misfortune

I've got to finish it off so left to do is the escape from the temple section. So far this section it has a horseman and thats about it. Got a problem with running out of objects (232 of 256) fast so may need to go and prune some of the unnessecary items. Also need to sort out a few end of the world problems - some of the views are hugh to give feeling of space and so getting black horizen probs - need to build a few walls here and there.

Main features of the level - non linea so you can play the 4 sub levels as you want. As some of the levels are linked but not by lara the enimies can be in two places - so you can watch the crocs in the zoo ccage in the garden level and then go to the wells level and kill them as they can pass from the garden to the wells. You can also see the tiger enclosure from the Corridoords of doom asuming you hav'nt already been to the gardens and killed them.

The idea behind all this is that depending on how you play the levels you get to see different things. Also as some are more dangerous than others survival depends on how you go round cos theres less medipacks in some levels. I won't spoilt he game by telling which is which though.

the mountian range changes as well depending on whether you go into the mountains first or leave it till later.

Release date!!!!!! ------ A month or so. Depends how much free time I've got.