PDA

View Full Version : Music TR1, TR2, TR3

Collin
18th Jul 2002, 16:40
Where do you find them on the CD, how do you play them, and how do you convert them to WAV files (if that's possible)?

Chronicles5
18th Jul 2002, 16:55
go to this site, http://www.fortunecity.com/campus/electrical/81/samael.html there is a good program there called gap (get all the plugins)
in the tr3 cd theres a file called cdaudio.wad this program can open and convert it. as for tr1 and 2, you need to search the disk for files, and use a prgram to canvert to wav if necessary remember the correct wav format is Microsoft ADPCM 44.100khz 16bit stereo. go to www.zdnet.com click downloads and search for a conversion program if you need it. if this doesnt work, i can send you the sounds you want... :) hope this helps!

Collin
18th Jul 2002, 17:20
Thanks, the TR3 files work! :)

But what about TR1 and 2. Which files do I search? Cause I only find data, levels,... :(

eTux
18th Jul 2002, 17:31
I have not the slightest idea about TR1, but I got the nice audio tracks from TR2 with the help of CDex. It's just like extracting songs from an audio cd :)

Vivi Ornitier
18th Jul 2002, 20:32
Most of the music from TR 1 and 2 can be extracted from the CD's using Windows Media Player if you have it, and the CD's...get media player to copy the music to you HDD and then download a wma ripper to convert the files into a wav format.

Hope this helps,

Vivi

BTW, Cnet Downloads Have one I think (downloads.com (http://www.downloads.com)) :)

Collin
18th Jul 2002, 23:33
Originally posted by Vivi Ornitier
Most of the music from TR 1 and 2 can be extracted from the CD's using Windows Media Player if you have it, and the CD's...get media player to copy the music to you HDD and then download a wma ripper to convert the files into a wav format.

Hope this helps,

Vivi

BTW, Cnet Downloads Have one I think (downloads.com (http://www.downloads.com)) :)

Thanks Vivi. That works amazingly well!! :)

Collin
22nd Jul 2002, 01:49
Huh, guys, I still need some help.

I used 'Gap' to convert the files to Microsoft ADPCM, but it doesn't do anything in-game. Do i have to do something else with it?

Chronicles5
22nd Jul 2002, 02:23
well, you have to have the exact format or it wont work. try this: Microsoft ADPCM 44.100kHz, 4 bit, Stereo, 43kb/sec

Collin
22nd Jul 2002, 03:42
And which programm do you use, 'cause I can't find anything to convert it with... :(

Chronicles5
22nd Jul 2002, 04:17
I use the simple but effctive program "Sound Recorder" it comes with Windows, so you probably have it. Just load the wav, click properties, and click 'Convert All' and you're all set, from there select Microsoft ADPCM, and below on the other menu, go all the way down to the bottom for the last selection, this is the correct format. ;)

Collin
22nd Jul 2002, 04:48
I got it now. It took some time, though... And then they say ignorance is bliss.... What do they know! Ignorance is frustrating!! (and I can know) ;)

Thanks, man! :)

Chronicles5
22nd Jul 2002, 05:19
My ignorance...amuses me. :D Glad I could help! ;)