PDA

View Full Version : adding 'new' textures to WADS?

SonofKong
18th Jul 2002, 12:42
At the moment it's possible to add textures to a TRLE wad by swapping the texture. Can a texture be added simply by adding a 'new' texture.... in it's own space so to speak without it crashing?

MountainDewNut
18th Jul 2002, 14:21
Get WADMerger, it's a great program. At first I was skeptical of it, but now I use it all the time.

Load the wad in the left window. click one of the buttons in the middle called 'Add Texture'. Load up the texture file (I think it only does bmp's) and save the wad. Be careful though, any textures you don't use in the next save in WADMeger, it'll delete them.

SonofKong
18th Jul 2002, 15:03
I have WADMerger on my PC and will try what you said when I get home from work... thanks for the help.

prjsaves
18th Jul 2002, 15:27
Hi

I like wadmerger as it has lots of uses. Not that big on textures so also have these programs as well :-

STRPIX ver3 is good for in game mesh texture sets. Which you can use for adding textures.

If it's the wall texture set then best extact the textures and add them in using texture edit or graphics program.

TRWad
18th Jul 2002, 20:27
strpix only replaces textures.

SonofKong
19th Jul 2002, 10:55
If Strpix3 is only good for textures should those of us that use cad programs to create objects be using a different program than Strpix to add wire frame objects to a TRLE level......

prjsaves
19th Jul 2002, 12:46
Hi

Not only textures but meshes as well.

No other program that can add different DXF meshes and keeps compatibility with Wadmerger.

It would be so nice if wadmerger also had that option of replacing meshes with new ones (dxf and 3ds).