PDA

View Full Version : Amelie (click here now or explodie death for all of you!)

willow
18th Jul 2002, 11:00
Alright I just watched Amelie... utter.... brilliance... this film may change my life....

now click here now or fear the spodie death I have for you! (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2134)

Serul
18th Jul 2002, 12:38
I'll be sure too have a look at it... someday :D.

blincoln
18th Jul 2002, 15:23
A friend of mine recommended it to me, but it just sounds so... happy.

chuffy
18th Jul 2002, 17:31
change your life?
what you gonna do? go out of your way to help people. Find long lost boxes for people.
i hope so willow it will be a change to your dark image
you could start wearing bright colours cut your hair nice and short get a job as a waiter.
:D

chuffy

willow
18th Jul 2002, 22:04
ha, well I may take the opportunity to take a walk in the park now... and actually make an effort to enjoy things... I doubt I'll stop being evil... I just is baby... I just is....

The film is rather happy yes, but it's extremely obscure and abstract. I think you should give it a rent anyway blinc.
It still has the feel of The City of Lost Children (a film by the same director... film noir/sci-fi dark gothic stuff... excellent).

chuffy
18th Jul 2002, 22:10
Originally posted by willow
The City of Lost Children (a film by the same director... film noir/sci-fi dark gothic stuff... excellent).

very good film. i liked it alot. theres a game on the ps1. worth playing has alot of difficault puzzles . like bribing a bald man to show you the tattoo on his forhead. lol

chuffy

royalmarine1980
19th Jul 2002, 08:11
whoohoo for explodie death ::splat:: :D

Azazel005
20th Jul 2002, 12:25
Quite a good film willow, thanks for the heads up.

By the looks of this thread more people should take your advice and go watch it.

I can see how it could have a great affect on ones life, the hole idea of small pleasures and enjoying the things you like had a very far reaching effect on me.

Cant say it changed my life im stilla corporate slave to the man but hey.

NZrevenge
20th Jul 2002, 14:18
No offense, but you seem to have a lot of life-changing movies and/or events up your sleeve. How do you keep up? :D

Anyway, thanks for the movie tip and thanks for not blowing me up. I'll be sure to check it out some time...

Ender
20th Jul 2002, 19:53
amelie...definately a movie i loved and recommend to everyone to go see....and it too affected me far more than most movies/books/whatever

actually, i highly recommend almost everything this director has done. (well...not the fourth alien movie...it was ok...but it sucked compared to his other stuff) City of lost children was mention above, and i don't think a movie has ever messed with my head and given me some seriously messed up dreams like that one. The other movie of this director's (i have no idea how to spell his name and am too lazy to look it up on IMDB) is delicatessen....really really realy disturbing, but funny, comedy. Same dark twisted feel as city of lost children. I'd say most of this stuff is right up the alley of a lokanite.

Lady Kreliana
20th Jul 2002, 20:16
What's Amelie about?

Apocrypha Roxy
21st Jul 2002, 00:17
I haven't been to Blockbuster in a while... last time I did, though, rent Ocean's Eleven (cool), Blade (lot's of blood, ok), and another movie but I can't think of it now so it's useless... :p

The guinea pig on the commercials looks just like mine!

{Hey look, mom, Skippy's on TV again!}

Oh, and for a good reason to get the willies at night, rent "A Clockwork Orange". :eek: (I dig the whole film noir thing :D)

I'm not much of a TV/Movie person. I like books, and I usually read the book first before watching the movie. I remember reading the Exorcist (willies), and then seeing it when it came into theatres with the extra, uncut features. I'm not usually afraid of anything, but reading the crucifix scene is MUCH worse than watching it. I can guarantee you that. :eek: