PDA

View Full Version : Eidos Forum problems

snickrep2002
18th Jul 2002, 06:02
I have some problems with the eidos forum. I used to be able to make polls, but now when I look at the bottom of the screen I do not see the option. Also if you open a thread and look on the left side of the forum, you will see how many posts you have made. Well it does not show for me anymore and it was very usefull. Anyone know whats going on?

Collin
18th Jul 2002, 10:05
About the post count: it has been disabled. The community voted and didn't want them anymore. Read here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1072&perpage=40&pagenumber=1)

About the polls: I think that option (temporarily?) has been disabled, due to the flooding of polls. I haven't read anything about disableing it, but this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1768) might bring some clarity.

On your way now.... ;)

Prelude
18th Jul 2002, 21:36
Hey Wixer...sorry Collin, cookiemoster here, I can't believe I missed that poll, why didn't they put here so everyone could vote, I don't think its very fair, to action something when not everyone knew they had a choice. :(

You say the community voted but they didn't did they, reading that post only a few people actually voted.

The Sage Of Time
18th Jul 2002, 22:36
I agree, that really wasn't fair.. I never even look at the other forums besides the TR ones..
Oh well, it was a silly thing to vote on anyway, what were the post counts hurting?

snickrep2002
18th Jul 2002, 22:40
yeah I know,what was so bad about the post counts? Did it really matter that it was there?

The Sage Of Time
18th Jul 2002, 23:00
Just so you know.. You can still view them in peoples profiles.
But I kind of find that annoying, so I don't bother looking at all.

DKSM
18th Jul 2002, 23:00
Blame Hirondelle! He made the post! Grab your pitchforks!
:D

snickrep2002
18th Jul 2002, 23:02
lol:D

Lets get him!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Collin
18th Jul 2002, 23:16
Originally posted by Prelude
Hey Wixer...sorry Collin, cookiemoster here, I can't believe I missed that poll, why didn't they put here so everyone could vote, I don't think its very fair, to action something when not everyone knew they had a choice. :(

You say the community voted but they didn't did they, reading that post only a few people actually voted.
If it means that much to you all, you could ask the mods or admins to do a 'real' poll (in every forum or something), but I doubt they will do this. The community voted (although it's a relatively small potion of it), and there will always be some people who don't know, or are on holiday, or....

You can't please all! :)

And what's the real fuss about anyway? Post count? I'll never understand this preocuppation with the number of posts. It's the quality that counts, and not the quantity. Does someone with 3000 posts wil give a better answer to your question than someone with 25? Do you ignore an answer of someone with 25 previous posts? :confused:

Prelude
18th Jul 2002, 23:25
Originally posted by Collin

If it means that much to you all, you could ask the mods or admins to do a 'real' poll (in every forum or something), but I doubt they will do this. The community voted (although it's a relatively small potion of it), and there will always be some people who don't know, or are on holiday, or....

You can't please all! :)

And what's the real fuss about anyway? Post count? I'll never understand this preocuppation with the number of posts. It's the quality that counts, and not the quantity. Does someone with 3000 posts wil give a better answer to your question than someone with 25? Do you ignore an answer of someone with 25 previous posts? :confused:

I agree with you, I’m not so much disputing the post count thing, your right, just becos someone doesn’t post that much doesn’t mean their opinion should be disregarded. And that’s what I’m really on about, everyone is entitled to their opinion especially if it affects others, and on this occasion not everyone’s had the chance to give their opinion. Of course not everyone could or even wanted to, but 9% of the forum’s ‘community’ is surely not enough to consider acting on.

The Sage Of Time
18th Jul 2002, 23:30
I guess we should be happy they're doing anything at all, remember it took three years to get a new forum..
I remember back when I was mod.. I suggested several things but they never really got done, twas a shame.
But I suppose there are more important things in life than needless extras on a forum.

NZrevenge
19th Jul 2002, 04:21
You were a mod here? One of them? Atleast you've reformed now...

Though how did you manage to lose your dark side?