PDA

View Full Version : OK, got my old nic back

GMan
17th Jul 2002, 18:59
It took some doing since I couldn't list my main email addy for both Fingersmith and GMan, but I did it and do hereby solemnly swear to go by GMan and only GMan from now on, 'til death do I (de) part.

Ahhh....now, where do I put up my feet around here?

GMan
17th Jul 2002, 19:00
I just noticed--"Junior Member"--cool. Haven't seen that for a few years.

And another thing, I found out flood control is set for 60 seconds--shorter than the old place.

Huntress
17th Jul 2002, 21:22
It does feel more comfortable doesn't it ;) I happen to have a spare footstool albit more in appearance like a wooden crate...but I'll have the servent recover it in the most stylish pattern of the day...black with a touch of purple trim, yes? So take off your shoes (they're much to noisy anyway and bring in a lot of soil on them from your nightly excursions) and just kick back awhile...till it's time to go to work again ;) Ta and Good Hunting!

Northren
17th Jul 2002, 23:40
Gee, man! Welcome back! I must admit I was with the crowd that didn't care for the new nic, Fingersmith.

By the power of the Crippled Burrick, you are GMan, Master of the Sewers! :D

And just how is our local politician coming along in his quest to overthrow the evil pipe cloggers?

Good to see you around.

Tin Star
18th Jul 2002, 00:20
Its good to see you back under your old nic GMan.Now if you want you can ask GM to adjust your regs.date which he has done for those of us that have asked to have it adjusted to what it was.:)

Tin Star

Peter_Smith
18th Jul 2002, 01:54
Welcome back, GMan.:) I'm so glad you decided to change. Fingersmith has connotations I do not like to think about.;)

Nightwalker
18th Jul 2002, 02:58
Welcome back, GMan! I like the old name best. :)

BrokenArts
19th Jul 2002, 02:39
Aaaahhh Gman! Welcome back!! I am with everyone else too. Like your old nic better. :) Good to see you around again, ya muking around in the sewers lately? :D :p

GMan
19th Jul 2002, 04:16
Sigh, it's so rare that I'm in such an overwhelming minority. I'm stuck with "GMan" whether I like it or not. I guess no one is a hard-core Roald Dahl fan like myself--the fingersmith was the world's best pickpocket, who lived on the proceeds of his craft based on his annnual trip to that horserace in England where the women are required to wear funny hats (sorry, I'm not a race fan and can't remember the name of it, but it was in the news about a month or so ago). Terrific short story, but I just spoiled it for you.

Sewers?? Ah yes, the sewers. Well...as long as you asked, I did have the chief engineer give me a tour of the water pumping station just before 1) my parents came to visit for two weeks and we visited some long lost relatives in Niagara Falls, 2) we spent one hurried week moving less than a mile down the street, and 3) I spent two weeks visiting my parents and grandmother. I've been busy as [something that gets edited in the body of messages, but not the subject line ;) ] lately, and things haven't lightened up yet.

But...I do have an appointment to tour the sewers (hey, that rhymes!) next week, which I'm going to do, along with climbing (legally, mind you) the town water tower. Woohoo! ! All with the chief engineer as my personal chaperone. *****in'! [OK, his name is really Cogsdale, and I'm gonna try to boost the "Master Key" offa his belt so I can let myself in and out of places from the sewers, but that's between you and me ;) ].

Oh, and on a more mundane note, I started a newspaper column called "WaterWorks" [I know, I know, unimaginative, but it sounded better than "SewerWorks"]. Keeping the public informed and all that stuff...

Hey--community service is really cool. I had no idea it could be this fun, rewarding and lucrative (OK, scratch that last word--it depends on whether I can lift those Master Keys). Get involved.

Heh heh, I'll post pics if they let me take 'em (9/11 and all that), heck, if I fork out enough for the equipment, maybe I can even post em in smell-o-vision. :D

GMan
19th Jul 2002, 04:21
Oh, and on a post-boosting add-on comment (ironic isn't it?), I need to petition GM to give me a cool title (and if that doesn't work, I'll offer to bribe him, and then just plain old beggin' and pleadin' as a last resort).

The only problem is that I don't have a specific title in mind yet. Ideas? Maybe something to do with water or sewers, or master keys if I get them :D. I recall I did just edge out Sneak for the first ever Perfect Thief of Mage Tower (largely because of a sewer glitch he encountered that I didn't, and I have to admit he was much more clever in his work-around than I was--3-D moss--who'd a thunk it?).

So, titles???

Huntress
19th Jul 2002, 04:44
not too original I guess but this is what hit me first....
The Master *or Keeper of the Keys ? conintating your desire for that most prized possession but also all the keys we need for our hero's entries into forbidden places... ;)

Ta and Good Hunting...next...?

Peter_Smith
19th Jul 2002, 23:18
Custom titles are out, by admin policy. I can't say for sure, but it is possible that if you try too hard to get one of your own, then they might be yanked for all those who got theirs in under the wire, just for the sake of consistency.

Sneak
20th Jul 2002, 02:30
Gman,
Glad you got the name back. :) Wouldn't have seemed right without it.

How are Politics these days? ;)

GMan
21st Jul 2002, 01:11
Peter, I didn't see the post on no more titles. Must have been while I was away or maybe I just missed it. I don't think GM would revoke everyone else's title just because I asked politely for one though. That's not my experience of him at all. He's always been level-headed and accomodating for as long as I've been here (since 2/2000 as member, since 6/99 as a lurker).

He's always free to say no to me, or to set some consistent standard for earning a title (like say, over 2700 posts on the old forum, or having an archived thread there [I know that's self-serving, but hey...:D] ). If he says no, that's fine with me, this is for fun; but it's not like I'm organizing a flaming email campaign or anything malicious. ;)

Keeper of the Keys?
SewerMaster?
Hmm...close, but I think I'll keep searching.