PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots

BeKs
17th Jul 2002, 12:26
I know this is a silly question but i have never played TR on the PC untill now hehe. How do i take a screen shot? I had a skim through the book and i cant see how to do it.

TombLady
17th Jul 2002, 14:19
TR1-You need screen capturing program because it's in DOS mode.

TR1g-press /

TR2, 2g-press s

TR3~5- press "

When you press these keys while playing the game, the pics will be automatically saved in Tomb Raider data folder in TGA format. Convert them into jpg format-and you can post them on web.

BeKs
17th Jul 2002, 14:23
Thanx TombLady!! :) I had a quick go on the game b4 and its so wierd to go from Playstation to PC. I couldnt even work out how to exit my current game i had to turn my computer off in the end LOL!!!! :rolleyes:

Thanx again for the info!

TombLady
17th Jul 2002, 14:26
Glad I helped you out. Feel free to ask me whenever you need help!

Tombraidachick
17th Jul 2002, 15:00
hey tomblady u said tr1 has to be in dos mode how do u put your computer in dos mode?

TombLady
17th Jul 2002, 15:15
Click Start-Program-MS DOS

Aquarius
17th Jul 2002, 16:21
I'm having a problem with screenshots now. So far this has only happened in TR3, but when I take a screenshot, the game crashes. It never happened before until just recently.

Tombraidachick
17th Jul 2002, 17:18
Originally posted by Tombraidachick
hey tomblady u said tr1 has to be in dos mode how do u put your computer in dos mode?

i dont see dos mode on my computer. :(

and i was told u can press " and then go to paint and press ctrl+v and the screenshot will show up. i think it was ctrl+v

Lord Croft
17th Jul 2002, 17:47
Don't you have a "print screen" key above the "insert" key on your keyboard? I just press this key and in paint I go under Edit and click Paste.

Tombraidachick
17th Jul 2002, 18:05
Originally posted by Lord Croft
Don't you have a "print screen" key above the "insert" key on your keyboard? I just press this key and in paint I go under Edit and click Paste.

thanx!! that is so cool! i still dont know how to put the computer in dos mode???

The Sage Of Time
17th Jul 2002, 19:41
DOS is a feature from Win3.1 - Win98, it's basically what windows is running off of. (believe it or not)
DOS is not suggested for people unfamiliar with PC's because it runs off nothing but a command base.
Win2k - XP have a emulated DOS mode that you can use as well, so far i've had no problems with it hat so ever..
You can also run a DOS Prompt
(similiar to how XP emulates DOS) in Win95 and 98 by looking in "Start - Program Files"
If you're new to DOS I suggest you practice in DOS Prompt before running full DOS, otherwise you may get stuck..

LeeO
17th Jul 2002, 19:45
Originally posted by TombLady

TR3~5- press "

On my computer it's the @ button... How strange...

The Sage Of Time
17th Jul 2002, 19:53
@? That isn't even a key, not without pressing Shift anyway.. And that doesn't usually register with games..
Hmm, weird.. Oh and it's really the ' key not the " key.. (they are the same key, as I said shift doesn't count)

LarzBritsh
17th Jul 2002, 20:20
If you start a new game and start taking new pictures. It will overwrite your old pictures. So save the ones you like before taking new pictures.

LeeO
17th Jul 2002, 20:34
OK then. it's the ' key on my computer, but there's also a " above the two, so I thought you were on about that... lol

Tombraidachick
17th Jul 2002, 20:50
Originally posted by The Sage Of Time
DOS is a feature from Win3.1 - Win98, it's basically what windows is running off of. (believe it or not)
DOS is not suggested for people unfamiliar with PC's because it runs off nothing but a command base.
Win2k - XP have a emulated DOS mode that you can use as well, so far i've had no problems with it hat so ever..
You can also run a DOS Prompt
(similiar to how XP emulates DOS) in Win95 and 98 by looking in "Start - Program Files"
If you're new to DOS I suggest you practice in DOS Prompt before running full DOS, otherwise you may get stuck..

huh?? i dont get it. im familar with my computer...

all i wanna do is play tr 1!!!!!!!!!!!! i playe dtr2 and am working on tr 3 i skipped tr1 cuz i couldnt like c ne thing it must not work on my comp.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheMask
17th Jul 2002, 21:35
For people who want to get into DOS mode:

Simple way:
If you are using Win9x/ME then all you have to do is to choose from the taskbar "Start" -> "Shut Down" -> "Restart in MS-DOS mode" . That's it! You will be in "real" DOS mode.

If for any reason you can't get into DOS using the method above then use another method below:

Difficult way (actually it's also easy)
Restart your computer. Now you probably saw a heading similar to this "Starting Windows 98..." when your computers boots up. Start continuesly tapping F8 button BEFORE you see that line. Menu should appear shortly. There will be several options available. Choose the one called "Command Prompt Only". Wait a few seconds while DOS loads up and there you go...

Feel free to ask anything you want :)

wriggle
17th Jul 2002, 22:58
Win ME doesn't have real DOS mode (doens't have in terms cause you can active it but it's not the question), only command prompt, but it works in most of cases!

Tombraidachick
18th Jul 2002, 00:30
so how do i do it cuz i have window ME and command prompt only doesnt show up and when i go 2 start programs i have ms dos prompt but it doesnt do ne thing

wriggle
19th Jul 2002, 18:04
@Tombraidachick:
You need to get a patch from internet for it works but I don't remember where it is! The easy way is to try what The Mask said to you (the difficult way)! Or try to make a boot disk..... is easy too!
If you really need the patch I can try to find it to you but it's not a promise that I'll find it ok!

Lil Lara
19th Jul 2002, 19:34
So... once you succesfully take a screenshot, how do you put it into jpg format? Do you need a special program to do that, or no?:confused:

wriggle
19th Jul 2002, 22:29
@Lil:
You could use any image program! I don't remember if PaintBrush cause I don't you it!

Tombraidachick
20th Jul 2002, 15:17
Originally posted by Lil Lara
So... once you succesfully take a screenshot, how do you put it into jpg format? Do you need a special program to do that, or no?:confused:

lil lara all u gotta do is press the print screen button its on the top row next to F12. so whenever u are playing a game and u want to take a screen shot press the print screen button and go to paint or some other program (i use paint) and when u get there go up to edit and press paste. then save it as a jpg. or something that makes it have less color so it makes it smaller. its best to use a better program than paint like photoshop. but i dont know what programs u have...

TombLady
20th Jul 2002, 15:35
lil lara@My favourite is 'ACDsee' program. It's quite useful to convert images. Or if you have photoshop, that will do.