PDA

View Full Version : somethings going on!

NoobSaibot
16th Jul 2002, 23:16
Is it me or are alot of options going away on this forum. First the poll option and now I see the post counts are gone. Has anything else gone MIA that I am not aware of?

blincoln
16th Jul 2002, 23:25
Interesting. You can still see someone's post count if you look in their profile, though.

Umah Bloodomen
16th Jul 2002, 23:30
It was brought up on the OT forum within the last couple of weeks about whether or not the forum would keep the post counts below the member name. Obviously they got rid of it.

A lot of people gave a mutual opinion on the OT forum of the post counts not meaning anything significant but giving some people an excuse to brag and seem like cocky people who may intimidate newcomers.

Personally there is nothing wrong with having the post count. I am sure we all at one time struggled to get our counts up to the level of "respect" ***chuckles about the early days in the forum*** I didn't even realize they were gone. Now that they are though I find that I am indifferent to them being there at all.

As far as the poll option, those were taken away on account of people using them to spam. There was a big discussion about that as well on the OT forum. No word on if they will be bringing that option back or not yet.

EDIT I just noticed that they took away a lot of our post counts anyway. I used to be over 300 and now I am back down to 221 or something. Willow lost some and the forum forerunner, dago also lost a considerable amount of posts.
Hmm I wonder why they did that? Most likely they filtered through them and found spam posts. **shrugs** Oh well. LOL

darien_specter
17th Jul 2002, 00:40
What a crock... far better to reprimand those who are abusing the polls than to deny everyone the chance to use them! And really, what is wrong with post counts... again, if someone is bragging, reprimand them. I've never seen any bragging or lording it over going on in the LoK forum... It's this lack of personal responsibility - it's ruining it for everyone... :mad:

Next thing you know, they'll take our sig images away. Will we finally register discontent then?

blincoln
17th Jul 2002, 00:45
Well, remember, these are their forums, so they get to make the rules.

keepittrue
17th Jul 2002, 01:01
What a bummer, I like looking at each persons post count.

willow
17th Jul 2002, 02:19
*shrugs* I don't really care either way about post counts, and I can understand about the poll thing... there were a lot of really inane polls made (well... I made one but it was very funny.... so they can bite me).

I did a lot of posting the first day because of 1. It was a new forum and I had to break myself in and get used to it. and 2. Because I HATE seeing Junior in my status.... I've ALWAYS hated being called JUNIOR ANYTHING! grrrrr if they just had it named something a little different...... then I would be fine.. but jeez... I can't stand Junior... it makes me feel so....... small........ even growing up..... I would bite people’s faces off if they called me junior (I'm named after my father so I got it a lot... and it always pissed me off..... still does..... if anyone calls me junior around here I am VERY vocal about my dislike of it)...

Okay there’s my two cents

Umah Bloodomen
17th Jul 2002, 02:31
Okay Junior...quit your *****ing. ;)

willow
17th Jul 2002, 09:01
*scoff scoff scoff*

*then snubs Umah*

Azuriel
17th Jul 2002, 09:47
oh wow... the postcounts are gone...
polls are gone...
lot of posts are gone...

hey Willow, can i call you young one instead? or kid?

darien_specter
17th Jul 2002, 09:50
Posts gone? I missed that entirely... what got whacked?

Power reaver
17th Jul 2002, 13:25
Who bragged about their post counts ? I havent seen anyone .

the polls ? , well I can live without it , but it really ticks me off , 1st they take our old topics , then our sigs (mine anyway) , then they remove the new shiny polls and now our post counts , grrrrrrrrrr :mad: :mad:

Oh , sorry . I lost my head there .

excuse me while I reattach it :rolleyes:

chuffy
17th Jul 2002, 14:15
Originally posted by darien_specter
Next thing you know, they'll take our sig images away. Will we finally register discontent then?

don't give them ideas. not after i just got started making sigs. :D

chuffy

warpsavant
17th Jul 2002, 17:44
Woo-hoo!

darien_specter
17th Jul 2002, 18:24
:eek: Chuffy, you're right! And just after I started, too...

willow
17th Jul 2002, 23:40
Originally posted by Azuriel
hey Willow, can i call you young one instead? or kid?

I sincerely hope you are joking. And no you may not... especially since I am older than you.

blincoln
18th Jul 2002, 00:15
You are *both* younger than me though. =F

Umah Bloodomen
18th Jul 2002, 01:45
You know Blinc, some of us aren't that much far behind you elders. :p

warpsavant
18th Jul 2002, 03:01
Call eveyone Junior from now on, and if they say something, i'll just reply with BISCUIT.

Umah Bloodomen
18th Jul 2002, 03:09
You've lost your mind ol' chap. ;)

I know, I know...

BISCUIT :p
LOL

warpsavant
18th Jul 2002, 03:18
I didn't lose my mind, I found my balance. I understand everything now. I understand you, I created you, I created the world!

DO you have a biscuit? BISCUIT! She took it! She shouldnt have!! WAAAAAA!!!

Umah Bloodomen
18th Jul 2002, 03:52
Originally posted by warpsavant
I didn't lose my mind, I found my balance. I understand everything now. I understand you, I created you, I created the world!

DO you have a biscuit? BISCUIT! She took it! She shouldnt have!! WAAAAAA!!!

Okay Squiddy Junior. LOL.
I didn't take your BISCUIT! Blinc did. I saw him with my own wittle eyes. :p

L_Master562
18th Jul 2002, 04:07
.................................................................... I!!!!! I love bread in general. My favorites are biscuits, garlic bread, and Crescent rolls. Fear me and my bread munchin power (ment to sound in the more I'm happy for myself way to make it sound funny)!!!!!!! Bread and Deer jerky are the two greatest foods known to me. I can add pizza to the list because I have some everyday, but I won't because I'm saying it hear.

warpsavant
18th Jul 2002, 04:12
Deer Jerky! I never heard of such a thing. I bet Willow like's Deer Jerky.

Give me back the biscuit Umah! Before I pry it from your fingers as you convulse in death! Rrrrrrr.....lol :p

Umah Bloodomen
18th Jul 2002, 04:36
**holds the biscuit tightly to her bosom as she sticks her tongue out at the former Life-sized Turel Plushie doll(TM) thief, warpsavant. Slowly, she backs away to the edge of the shadows, biscuit in hand***

Come and get it, holy one!

**she taunts as she enters the shadows completely and uses her TELEPORT gift to elude warpsavant's obsessive attack over the biscuit. Her laugh can be heard from all around**** Muhahahahahahah.

**As the chase is again on - this time for the mystical biscuit of Nosgoth***

blincoln
18th Jul 2002, 05:44
Haha, no way, I should have known you were a Libra, Umah. =) Your birthday is four days away in the same year from a good friend of mine. You two have *very* similar writing styles.

Umah Bloodomen
18th Jul 2002, 05:56
That's cool as hell. No wonder you like me so much eh? :p

warpsavant
18th Jul 2002, 06:03
Give me back my biscuit, junioress!

Umah Bloodomen
18th Jul 2002, 06:25
uses her CHARM on him to draw his lightsaber on warpsavant***

And what if I don't wanna give you back your biscuit?

willow
18th Jul 2002, 06:37
Originally posted by blincoln
You are *both* younger than me though. =F

Well I was commenting on how rude the post was... I did not find it funny in the slightest... I'm not pulling age... I'm basing it on a matter of being tasteful... which that was not. (I'm talking about Azuriels post)

And warp, I have never tasted Deer Jerky... actually to tell you the truth I've had jerky twice in my life... the first time was pleasant... the second was rather... horrid..... so I'm left impartial toward it... do you think it yummy? ;)

Umah Bloodomen
18th Jul 2002, 06:40
I've had a lot of jerky over the course of my life (obligatory reminder that I am older than willow and rubs it in his face ;p ) Not that its a favorite thing of mine. I don't like deer meat (vennison) its disgusting. I was once told by my uncle (a hunter) that it all depends on where the deer live and what they eat. If they feed mainly on grains and whatnot then the meat supposedly tastes better. I don't eat any deer anymore seeing they all have a habit of getting Tuburculosis (sp?) up here in MI.

warpsavant
18th Jul 2002, 06:49
Jerky is gross, junior.

Umah, put that lightsaber away before you poke my eye out, you can keep that biscuit, cause I found another one.

But your plushies shall never be safe!

willow
18th Jul 2002, 07:09
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
(obligatory reminder that I am older than willow and rubs it in his face ;p )
oh by like a year... bleh to you

Umah Bloodomen
18th Jul 2002, 07:15
Year and a half thank you. :p

willow
18th Jul 2002, 07:16
ooooo *scoff scoff scoff*

*walks away scoffing*

blincoln
18th Jul 2002, 07:39
If Umah is a year and a half younger than me, and Willow is a year and a half younger than her, that means Willow is the same age as my little sister. Now I *really* feel old. Fortunately not too old to inspire fear with my plastic lightsaber, but still.

darien_specter
18th Jul 2002, 08:14
Warp, I should think that if Umah had that biscuit tightly to her bosom, you'd really want it back - I know I would... :p

BTW Umah, our birthdays are in the same month - just a year apart is all...

chuffy
18th Jul 2002, 18:18
jerky?
isn't that dried strips of meat. whats the point in that? A nice bag of crisps. OR some Toffee. Toffee rules, With fudge as Toffee's co-ruler.

chuffy

blincoln
18th Jul 2002, 18:51
Mmm... crisps.

Umah Bloodomen
18th Jul 2002, 18:55
Originally posted by blincoln
If Umah is a year and a half younger than me, and Willow is a year and a half younger than her, that means Willow is the same age as my little sister. Now I *really* feel old. Fortunately not too old to inspire fear with my plastic lightsaber, but still.

Don't feel old Blinc...we still love ya! (and the lightsaber...and the boots...and the pants AND the PC) ***drools and faints***

Apocrypha Roxy
21st Jul 2002, 00:47
Venison is tasty! Beef and Pork are nasty - all we eat in this house is chicken and fish, red meat is a rarity here. My dad goes hunting sometimes, and I personally prefer the taste of venison over everything else ('cept chicken - i'm practically sprouting feathers here!). Venison fillet mignon rocks!

As for jerkey, let's say they're not limited to just the mooing, oinking, deery kind - they sell alligator jerkey (EWWW!), and I don't know what else...

I almost got a GIR plushie at Hot Topic, but it was 25$ and my mother was not going to spend that money 'for another dust collector'. That thing is huge - and the clerk let my sister and I take it for a fluff-drive (kinda like a test drive, but we got to squish it for the fluff ability - it passed the test with all A's! :D). They had smaller ones, but they werent soft at all, they were rock solid! Oh well, GIR will have to wait - but I did get a Zim and Gir patch, and 3 IZ pins; all were fastened to my backpack in a matter of minutes. :)