PDA

View Full Version : Loss of some sound??

SonofKong
16th Jul 2002, 13:53
I started to build up a new level and have inserted several groups of 'boulders' (rocks....) into it. I made these up in Metasequioa and inserted them using Strpix3 (great program). Unfortunately, after doing this ome of the sound FX's have dissapeared. Any ideas what is cousing this to happen. Could I have put to many of my objects into the level???

SonofKong
17th Jul 2002, 12:38
As no one answered my question I understand this to indicate it's maybe not a TRLE probem or maybe not even my new objects. So I saved my level and re-installed my copy of TRLE and the sound came back.... I'm very carefully going to put in place my objects (one at a time) to see if there is a problem with to many objects???? So it's looking like my problem may just well be one of those quirky computer things....

Chronicles5
17th Jul 2002, 13:55
it might be, how many rollingballs did you use? and also, you didnt change the sfx for them, just the object, right? well, they should work fine, but maybe they are overloaded, as you said, because too much audio combined with lots of objects in a detailed environment can result in crashes... good luck ;)

SonofKong
17th Jul 2002, 14:23
I did'nt replace the rolling stones that crushes Lara I needed some rocks to place on the bottom of the sea (cover them with banacles etc) so I made a couple of sets from scratch using Meatasequioa. Up till last night things seem to be OK. But I have only one set of 'rocks' in my level I need to insert one or two more...

SonofKong
17th Jul 2002, 14:25
Just noticed how I've spelt 'Metasequioa'....'Meatasequioa... duhh!!!!