PDA

View Full Version : I Gotta Neopet...

Dell
16th Jul 2002, 08:26
Yes I did! And now Moggraider is making fun of me and calling me "naive". Well, I think it is cute. Funny, too. It got hungry and I had no money to buy food, so I went to the village Soup Kitchen and got free food. Now isn't that a neat idea?

Then I decided to do some fighting in the Battledome and the site immediately went down to undergo repairs. Wonder if it was something I did? If my Dad finds out he'll accuse me of causing it. He thinks I'm the most powerful person in the Universe.

If World War III breaks out tomorrow, he'll say it's my fault. How do I know? Like yesterday I pushed the "On" button on the washing machine and the breaker tripped. He said that was my fault for somehow not pushing the button right. Now you tell me how many different ways can you push a button?

Here is my pet. He is a Red Korbat. Don't you wish you had one?

http://images.neopets.com/pets/happy/korbat_red_baby.gif

vakusuma
16th Jul 2002, 15:51
*decides not to comment too much, tries to wipe grin off face*

My friend used to keep a Neopet too :)

Moggraider
16th Jul 2002, 17:21
Oh, sure. Your "friend."

N00dles
16th Jul 2002, 18:49
Poor Dell. You know, you should go out and socialize a bit...really.

( :rolleyes: )

Chilled Unit
16th Jul 2002, 19:15
Here's my 'lil guy :D

http://images.neopets.com/pets/blumaroo_blue_baby.gif

he's a Blumaroo

mitochondria eve
16th Jul 2002, 19:19
http://images.neopets.com/pets/happy/shoyru_blue_baby.gif

This is mine dell. Here are his stats.

- Jake_MTL_Mito -

Species : Shoyru
Colour : Blue
Level : 7

Health : 6 / 12
Mood : delighted!
Hunger : not hungry
Strength : very strong
Defence : armoured
Move : fast
Intelligence : brilliant

Arkron
16th Jul 2002, 20:15
I think I'm once again missing the point here..

and please got those pokemon out of the forum :p

vakusuma
16th Jul 2002, 21:04
Yeah, Mog. She's already someone else's girl...

*sigh*

Not that I'm turned on by anime freaks...

mitochondria eve
16th Jul 2002, 23:25
there not pokemon! there neopets. Its in the title of this forum arkon.:D

Dell
17th Jul 2002, 00:42
Hey you guys! Stop being so darned uptight and serious!

NOOdles, I truly do have quite a seriously active real life full of friends and various activities from clubbing and dancing to rollerblading. I jog and actually do get pretty physical, too. In fact, I'm willing to bet you that I lead a more normally active social life than you do!

But I also work from home writing business stuff that would bore you to tears (bores me), have completed a novel among other writing, and I really do need "play time". I play RPG games too, read, and if messing around with a cute little virtual pet pleases me, why should it really get up anyone's nose?

Or is it the fact I shared it here that bothers people? There is no place for whimsey or silliness here?

*glances around at the serious, disapproving faces, and shrugs.

Oh well...someday you will envy me the ability to play...

Moggraider
17th Jul 2002, 00:58
Originally posted by vakusuma
Yeah, Mog. She's already someone else's girl...

*sigh*

Not that I'm turned on by anime freaks...

Hahaha. That's not what I meant at all. I was implying that you had one and wouldn't admit to it.

Goku Noble Warrior
17th Jul 2002, 05:02
I think neopets is fun. technically my neopets only survive b/c my sister takes care of them, I dont use it all to often. This is my neopet, I have a second but its one my sister added to my account without asking, she has her own neopet account but decided I need a second neopet as well :P neopets has alot of games to play when your bored.

http://images.neopets.com/pets/kougra_christmas_baby.gif

- mischeifx-

Species : Kougra
Colour : Christmas
Level : 7

Health : 17 / 14
Mood : delighted!
Hunger : satiated
Strength : immense
Defence : tough
Move : super fast
Intelligence : brilliant

Abilities
1.Spark lvl 2
2.Air Shield lvl 1
3.Smoke screen lvl1

Equipment
1.Sir Cheekalot Training Shield
2.Sword of Domar
3.Fire Mask
4.Rainbow Gun
5.Basic Lightning Beam
6.Green Invisihat
7.Blue Frost Cannon

vakusuma
17th Jul 2002, 15:23
Ah, darn you then, Mogg, for causing me undue heartache...

She's pretty likable actually, you know...

Moggraider
17th Jul 2002, 15:55
Yes, I know, I know.

vakusuma
17th Jul 2002, 18:05
*looks up*

Ah damn.

Forget you hear me reminiscing about a girl, ya hear?

Moggraider
17th Jul 2002, 19:46
Yessir, right away sir!

N00dles
17th Jul 2002, 20:37
Originally posted by Dell
Hey you guys! Stop being so darned uptight and serious!

NOOdles, I truly do have quite a seriously active real life full of friends and various activities from clubbing and dancing to rollerblading. I jog and actually do get pretty physical, too. In fact, I'm willing to bet you that I lead a more normally active social life than you do!

But I also work from home writing business stuff that would bore you to tears (bores me), have completed a novel among other writing, and I really do need "play time". I play RPG games too, read, and if messing around with a cute little virtual pet pleases me, why should it really get up anyone's nose?

Or is it the fact I shared it here that bothers people? There is no place for whimsey or silliness here?

*glances around at the serious, disapproving faces, and shrugs.

Oh well...someday you will envy me the ability to play...

Heh Dell :) No need to get that upset...:)

Notice the little ':rolleyes:' there?

Although keeping Neopets IS silly :p

Moggraider
17th Jul 2002, 21:55
See, Dell? I'm not the only one who thinks neopets are kinda..... err, well.... neopetty.

Goku Noble Warrior
18th Jul 2002, 04:24
Haters :p

SirCanealot
18th Jul 2002, 11:24
Waste of time. Spend that time helping the poor folks... or playing FFX.

Dell
18th Jul 2002, 13:47
Vakusuma, I hear some squeaking sounds. Do you suppose it is all these uptight people walking around in here? Could it be someone is deserving of your lovely epithet of yesteryear? Are they really squeaking when they walk because they are so uptight and totally opinionated about something so foolish as a little cybercreature?

My other one, whom I did not introduce, is growing into quite a fighter. I have him in training and his battle stats are getting higher all the time! Before long, I will enter him in the Battledome against some really vicious fighters and some elite magicians using magic spells to see how he fares.

Oh yes, such a silly thing, these little pets! :p :p :p :p

Amazeroth
18th Jul 2002, 15:40
I wouldn't mind all these pokémon-kin if they at least looked like real monsters and not like some cute-*** pets.

Moggraider
18th Jul 2002, 15:59
See, Dell? It's a bloody waste of time.

mitochondria eve
18th Jul 2002, 16:26
Het Dell, whats your pets name? My pet is becoming a strong fighter and is having extensive training and strong weapons. I think I would be a good opponent in the battledome. You know my pets name, I think I'll challenge you sometime. Just give me your pets name, and I'll challenge you.

Dell
21st Jul 2002, 08:47
Sorry M.E. I am not ready to actively go for it yet! Give him time and he will be a vicious beast for sure!

mitochondria eve
21st Jul 2002, 14:25
ok, just tell me when your ready.

Dell
21st Jul 2002, 15:12
At this rate I will never be ready. Found a great game to increase my levels nicely while playing a little rpg...and look what happened at 4pm my time just like that!

http://images.neopets.com/nq/m/400019_zBNtr_XantantheFoul.gif

Ha ha!
NeoQuest is down due to the huge load on our servers. It will be back up at 7 pm NST.

Don't worry! All your NeoQuest games are belong to us.

hat is to say, your games are saved, and they'll be here when NeoQuest is back up!

NeoQuest is NOT AVAILABLE during the following times:

Monday-Thursday: 1pm - 7pm
Friday 12pm - 7pm
Saturday 8am - 7pm
Sunday 8am - 7pm

During times of excessively high volume on the site, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and of course, St. Zorglak's day, Neoquest may be down for longer periods of time.

What is NST...

N00dles
22nd Jul 2002, 22:48
NST is probably the same thing as GMT?? :o

(Although I forgot what GMT stands for? Greenwich Meridian Time or something?)

4Eyes
23rd Jul 2002, 06:26
No, it stands for Greenich Mean Time, though in what way it is mean, I don't know :)

All these Neopets are cute, but if you don't mind, I'd rather stay with trying to raise my Chao in Sonic Adventure 2.

vakusuma
23rd Jul 2002, 15:30
OK, you piqued my curiosity, so I took a quick look. NST, by my somewhat unreliable desktop clock, seems nothing more than glorified PST. Damn Cali based server.

GMT = Greenwich Meridian Time. Some time in the last century some blokes decided to get together in Greenwich (England) and to declare that they were the rulers of the world. Enforcement of GMT was just the form of worship they expected from us commoners...

*suppresses the urge to quote Monty Python*

Dell
23rd Jul 2002, 16:23
Aha! Thank you, Vakusuma" Neopet playing Neoquest game...Neo time, of course!

Now all I have to do is figure that all out against GMT, which is very Mean to me. Is it eight or nine hours ahead of California Suntan Time? Oh no, no, Pacific Savings Time? Or Pacific Standard Time?

Moggraider? You are there, tell me the hour difference, please.:confused:

vakusuma
23rd Jul 2002, 18:02
PST is GMT-8.

SirCanealot
11th Oct 2006, 01:31
Err... You realise no-one has posted in this topci for like 4 years, right?

GoranAgar
13th Oct 2006, 04:32
Err... You realise no-one has posted in this topci for like 4 years, right?
That was advertising. I got rid of it.

Moggraider
13th Nov 2006, 01:34
I guess those guys have to go pretty far to recruit members :).

3car
21st Nov 2006, 00:07
Hi-

wow- Necropost. >:D

>"you last visited: 07-04-2005 at 04:39 AM"<

I guess I'm well qualified to post in a necropost as a necroposter about necropets?!

Hi ya'll ^^w

FFXI ftw

Moggraider
9th Dec 2006, 15:47
Are you serious? FFXI was a total chore. Have you played FFXII? Pretty good.

3car
30th Nov 2007, 19:38
Hi-

I really don't want to start another thread just to answer a question posed by our fearless Moderator, Moggraider, so I'll answer his question in this like really old necropost about necropets(whtarethoseanyway?). That's where the original question was anyway.

Yes, oh fearless Moderator, I played FFXII for all of 10minutes, maybe, long enough for the opening cs and that's about it. Have no clue about anything else FFXII related. Not the characters, battles systems, anything. Nada.

and FFXI wasn't a chore. It was one of the most demanding, frustrating, time consuming endeavors I've ever attempted. A really good game with a bad interface for controls and menus but ones that you learn after some trial and error. Lots of trial and error. > >

Somewhere in this forum, or maybe it was the old forum before it was moved here, there was a discussion on FFXI mmog, and if anyone here would give it a go. I believe that I voiced a opinion, rather strongly, that I would not participate in Squeenix's new online game.

I'm glad someone changed my mind.

Squeenix had released a new expansion for FXI that I ordered. When it arrives, I'll install it, make a new character, and have another go at it. After playing within the mmog community the last 4 years, it is really hard to immerse myself in just a 'regular' console game anymore.

except for Tombraider. :p

There you go Moggraider. An answer almost a year late. That's like really tardy.

Should I go stand in the hall?!?!

take care

Moggraider
4th Dec 2007, 05:30
I couldn't get into FFXI. The leveling is too grindy and when I played it, there was nobody around at my level. It was a chore. My character was a cute female with a beret and the name Millenia, though.

You should really, really play FFXII. It's FFXI done right. I'm sure you'll like it. And it's only $20 now!

See you in a year mayhap ;).