PDA

View Full Version : FM Revenge - entrance to Lady Helena's

Peter_Smith
16th Jul 2002, 06:59
I can't find the entrance to Lady Helena's place. playing on Expert. I find two wood doors that are unfrobbable and unbashable. Two gates that don't open. I've been on all four floors of the hotel. Have the hotel key and the front door key. But where is the front door? It seems nobody else has this problem.

Lytha
16th Jul 2002, 09:22
Peter Smith,

almost all of us had this problem. :)

You need broadhead arrows to open the unfrobbable portcullis next to the letter of Leon; there is a button that wants to be shot.

Broadhead arrows can be found in a secret room in the Hotel; look around for a little switch (Gervaisius' style of secret door switch) in the main entrance room (is the word for that kind of room "lobby"?) of the Hotel. :)

Alternatively, you can bash your blackjack against the portcullis like a mad raving lunatic (or like me in my first time through), and eventually, one of the guards will come to investigate and eventually open the gate for you. ;)

Peter_Smith
16th Jul 2002, 14:06
Thanks, Lytha! That did it.

It's funny. If you know something is nearby it can be very easy to find, but if you don't know it, you can stare directly at the solution and not see it. I had looked intently through that portcullis for a button more than once. I didn't see it. I was focusing more to the side. Then, when you told me it was there, I first saw it when I was approaching, about 20 ft away from the portcullis.

Yes, I found that hotel secret place long ago. Thanks again.