PDA

View Full Version : Please make the game prefer the "legal" option when opening locked doors.

Simski
18th Dec 2016, 23:45
When you have the key to a door, it feels pretty silly that you're constantly given the option to pick the lock or break it open with a crowbar.

I can understand wanting to keep the abillity to choose to open with the crowbar even when you have the key, since sometimes you WANT to cause noise for enemies to follow...

However I, and probably a lot of other people, would highly prefer if the first option when opening a door is always the key IF you have picked it up before.

Immadummee
20th Dec 2016, 10:35
When you have the key to a door, it feels pretty silly that you're constantly given the option to pick the lock or break it open with a crowbar.

I can understand wanting to keep the abillity to choose to open with the crowbar even when you have the key, since sometimes you WANT to cause noise for enemies to follow...

However I, and probably a lot of other people, would highly prefer if the first option when opening a door is always the key IF you have picked it up before.

Whether you've picked up the key before or after you already have a lock pick and crowbar, it should still prioritize the key to be your first option when you choose to open a door.

But at the same time, when you go into your inventory, correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe that your game time pauses until you get back out. So I don't understand what the rush is for you to not just switch to the key if the first choice is a lockpick or crowbar?

Simski
21st Dec 2016, 00:40
Whether you've picked up the key before or after you already have a lock pick and crowbar, it should still prioritize the key to be your first option when you choose to open a door.

But at the same time, when you go into your inventory, correct me if I'm wrong but, I believe that your game time pauses until you get back out. So I don't understand what the rush is for you to not just switch to the key if the first choice is a lockpick or crowbar?
Because since you have to do this EVERY TIME you open a locked door, you often want it done quick. If you're breaking in, sure, it makes sense to think over if you want to use the lock pick or the crowbar... but if you already have the key, you very rarely want to be seen lock-picking a door you already have the key for.

Simply put. This isn't NEEDED, it's something that makes a lot more sense than what we have now, and that would help prevent a stupid error that shouldn't logically happen in real life. No one ever "accidentally" decides to lock pick a door they have a key for in real life, and yet it is a very common occurance in this game because the game doesn't show the key as the first option.

Immadummee
21st Dec 2016, 02:20
Because since you have to do this EVERY TIME you open a locked door, you often want it done quick. If you're breaking in, sure, it makes sense to think over if you want to use the lock pick or the crowbar... but if you already have the key, you very rarely want to be seen lock-picking a door you already have the key for.

Simply put. This isn't NEEDED, it's something that makes a lot more sense than what we have now, and that would help prevent a stupid error that shouldn't logically happen in real life. No one ever "accidentally" decides to lock pick a door they have a key for in real life, and yet it is a very common occurance in this game because the game doesn't show the key as the first option.

I'm in total agreement with you but all I'm saying, it doesn't waste any game time to press your Dpad or keyboard button one time to the right to select the key. All I'm saying is the argument about wanting to do it fast isn't valid due to the fact that the game and in game timer pauses when you're in your inventory list.

So I don't know what the rush is to press right once when you select to open a locked door.

Simski
22nd Dec 2016, 22:04
I'm in total agreement with you but all I'm saying, it doesn't waste any game time to press your Dpad or keyboard button one time to the right to select the key. All I'm saying is the argument about wanting to do it fast isn't valid due to the fact that the game and in game timer pauses when you're in your inventory list.

So I don't know what the rush is to press right once when you select to open a locked door.
Because it's a stupid error that happens to a lot of people.

It's very easy to have this happen when you're in a rush somewhere. And "accidentally locking a door" isn't really something that happens a lot in real life, it's not only an ingame an annoyance, but an immersion killer.