PDA

View Full Version : Download savefile for Xbox360 to get pass Grenade Arrow-bug

FuSquareEnix42
17th Dec 2016, 15:38
My back-up is well after the tomb with the re-breather.

I've been playing this game for about 6 months. I play an hour here and an hour there when my son sleeps. And now I'm stuck. I'm feeling literally physicaly ill, I almost threw up when I realised that I have to do everything all over again.

There's no word to describe the utter hatred and contempt I feel for the retarded ****-up that made this game. I've been playing this franschise for what, 20 years, Tomb Raider 1 was the first game I ever bought.

There's no ******* way that I will waste 6 more months doing it all over again.

Is it possible to download savefiles for Xbox360? Is it possible to download savefiles to the PC, and then "buy" the game on the internet? Playing this on a PC must be equal to rape, but then I'll just f-ing do it.

Merry christmas and all that

/ BR **** you

FuSquareEnix42
18th Dec 2016, 12:39
Alright ******s, I solved it.

The following is something that Microsoft will not be happy about, maybe even Square Enix, but since this is their ****up to begin with, I hope it will not be erased. This problem will occur again since people may not connect their xbox to the internet (as I don't, lesson learned), and never patches up.

I've downloaded a save-file that is 45% completion of the game (google save file xbox360 rise of the tomb raider). It's some time after the bug, but it's the nearest out there.

After that, I used a usb-memory stick as the location to save a new profile when starting the game, and making a new savefile. Then I took out the usb, plugged it into the computer, and extracted the downloaded savefile to the location with the original savefile.

The trick now is to make the game believe the downloaded savefile is genuine. That means one must open it with a modifying tool (google is, xbox360 mod save file), so that the two savefiles has the same id.

Saves you more time than playing it all over again. Why nobody has stated this as the easiest solution if you get stuck I don't know.

BR