PDA

View Full Version : trouble with sig

chuffy
15th Jul 2002, 16:41
i have been messing around with fireworks making some sigs, but the are to big *sob* how can i combine many images without making the size of the pic to big too upload on yoursighost.

chuffy

Azuriel
15th Jul 2002, 17:07
ehh.. don`t know much about this, but i do have some ideas

1. lower the quality. example: save it as 16 bits instead of 32.

2. save as jpeg

3. size in pixels..

chuffy
15th Jul 2002, 19:01
i getting to hate fireworks *fumes* i spend a hour creating a not to bad sig then i try to upload it then BANG it wont let me. then i make it worse by down sizing the pixies per cm or the amout of colours, still no joy. the bottle of southern comfort is looking more and more like a good idea.
*contemplating drinking himself into oblivion, while ripping out her hair out and falling asleep on the keyboard*

chuffy

oh somebody kill me please
oh somebody kill me pleeeeease!
i'm on my knees pretty pretty please
killllllllllllllllll me
i want to dieeeee
put a bullet in myyyyy heeee-eeeeee-ad

adam sandler-wedding singer

darien_specter
15th Jul 2002, 19:10
Don't damage yourself just yet... here are some things you can do:

Put all your graphics on one layer, and then when you are ABSOLUTELY satisfied, you can "flatten selection" to combine them into one bitmap. (Use the corner menu in the layers panel.)

Also, you cannot upload png files on yoursighost, which is what Fireworks saves in. To make it uploadable, first, in the optimization panel, select JPG from the dropdown box (I should think that you could still use "high quality"), and then select File>Export, and it will create a jpg. This will be far smaller, and then you can upload it!

If you're still having touble, you can e-mail me your png file and I'll try to optimize it, if you like. :)

FYI: MY original png file was 107k, and the jpg came out to be 9k.

chuffy
15th Jul 2002, 20:38
ok i did all that. and i uploaded it ok,
but i have a huge white boarder that i can't get rid of

help

darien_specter
15th Jul 2002, 21:01
Here are two possible ideas; I don't know which one will work best. Be sure to edit the original file; then repeat the opitimization and exporting process.

1) Make sure nothing is selected; the Properties inspector should then be for the entire file. You should be able to resize your canvas (not image!) to get rid of excess space. (The maximum allowed is 450x150 pixels.) You'll then probably need to reposition everything; but you can draw a huge selection box around it, and everything will be selected, even if it isn't visible. You can then move everything together and reposition in in the new canvas area. (You may want to group all the parts for this; you can always ungroup them when you are done.)

2) Create a new file; specify its size as whatever your image size is (the maximum allowed is 450x150 pixels). Then, use File>Import to bring your file in; click in the upper-left corner. You may need to adjust it slightly.

If that doesn't work, PM me and we'll figure it out! :D

chuffy
15th Jul 2002, 21:27
i was doing all what you said but i wasn't importing my image. i was opening a new window and dragging my image in.

by the way what do you think of it??

chuffy

darien_specter
15th Jul 2002, 21:44
That's pretty nifty how you made all the letters out of Raziel sigils... VERY inventive! :D

I do miss the knelling figure a bit, though...

chuffy
15th Jul 2002, 21:49
that was first go :D
i will get the kneeling bloke back when i think of some thing fun to do with him

chuffy

Azuriel
15th Jul 2002, 21:57
looks very nice Chuffy!
and as Darien said, the thing with the letters is just sweet

Apocrypha Roxy
23rd Jul 2002, 02:00
Hey Chuffy, would you like a sig?

http://publish.hometown.aol.com/roxy314187/images/chuffysig.jpg

Your kneeling bloke's back! And has special effects! :D

Apocrypha Roxy
23rd Jul 2002, 02:05
Oh crappamoley. Looks like you've been busy! Metinks it's better than mine. Yay for Chuffy! :D

But the image size is wayy too big - convert it to .jpg or .bmp - otherwise loading your image will be like loading a webpage!

I always did like dragons...

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Jul 2002, 08:58
**shudders at the thought of files with .bmp extensions**** Nothing like wasting bandwith. I am sure you can find a lesser sized format. I am a .png girl myself but hey I can settle for a low sized jpg. :p

chuffy
23rd Jul 2002, 14:40
Thanks Apocrypha Roxy, its a great sig. And i've put my sig size is down i didn't even notice i changed the format must have happened when i was doing that angel fire thingy.
Thanks to Umah for pointing out this little bit of info. if she didn't i wouldn't have any sigs
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

chuffy

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Jul 2002, 19:37
Anytime. Glad I could help. Let us not forget Willow who enlightened me on such a little "trick of the trade" though. ;)