PDA

View Full Version : Help me somebody

Kick10
15th Jul 2002, 09:17
I've already got tired for asking for help at eidos. That damned bug just got me. PLease someone has save on the beginning of chapter 8(after the battle for nexus stone). Please send me it to kick10@inbox.ru. At the end of the 7-th level during the combat with boss BO2 crashes and there is no way to overcome this. Crash occurs somewhen in Bo2's system routine. It looks like this : mov XMM0,[esi] , where esi points to invalid memory location. Where else I can complain on that bug? Can I hope this fill be fixed somewhen ?

Chris@Crystal
15th Jul 2002, 18:25
Hey Kick10,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your version of BO2. The problem you describe is not a known issue on any of the versions of BO2. I'm thinking you might be playing on the PC, although you did not specify in your post. The PC version should hav eno problems with playthrough. I would recommend exchanging your disc for another copy to see if you might have a defective disc. If the store where you purchased the game will not exchange it for you, I'm sure Eidos will.
~Chris
Crystal Dynamics

blincoln
15th Jul 2002, 18:54
It sounds like you're running a debugger of some kind concurrently with BO2. Maybe try running it without the debugger? Or try reinstalling and then patching. What OS are you running it under? What are your system specs?

Kick10
16th Jul 2002, 21:27
I bought 2 BO2 discs in diffrent places and they work same - disc is not defective. I'm running Win98SE 4.10.2222 A on Pentium III 733, 512mb RAM,GeForce2 MX400,SBLive 5.1,DirectX 8.1. All drivers are the latest. All hardware is tested multiple times i'm 100% sure it is ok. I tried without a debugger - no use. If someone is going to fix this - I am at his service. And please : send me any save after battle with Sebastian to kick10@inbox.ru, Please!!!