PDA

View Full Version : which should I choose?

Sue in UK
15th Jul 2002, 09:04
I face the prospect of a few holidays away from home in the coming months and we always take both PC and PS2 ...

so KNOWING DAMN WELL I wont get much PS2 time - I was wondering which game runs best on CD-ROM - I've noticed quite a few posts where people seem to have problems with crashes, locking ups etc - I'm not very computer oriented but we have a windows 98 - Pentium 400 - 128 meg memory (soon to become 1.2 gig) + 10 meg hard drive. I guess a joystick will be handy too - using the directional buttons drives me mad!

Any help from those of you who know more about computers than I do (probably covers all of you LOL!) would be greatly appreciated

Sue

Azuriel
15th Jul 2002, 10:20
well IMO, your configuration is dated. Soul Reaver, Bo1, and maybe Soul Reaver 2 can run on that. try some strategy games too (something like starcraft) or RPG`s like Baldur`s Gate.

Sue in UK
15th Jul 2002, 18:39
Thanks, Az. I thought it might be a little dated - guess I'll look out on ebay for a cheap sr1 or 2 - or play alone in the dark which I never did get far with ...

Sue

blincoln
15th Jul 2002, 18:44
You could also pick up Diablo II, I think that will run on your machine =). If you get the expansion pack, you'll even have some Michael Bell voiceovers.

Nyriel
16th Jul 2002, 15:46
I know how you feel - I have been away from my games too, but I couldn't take my ps2 or my pc - I had to take my work laptop and I am not allowed to put any games on it! Oh the pain, the pain.

However, if I were you I would muscle in on the PS2 anyway. Though Diablo II is great and it should run on your pc as blincoln says. You will probably enjoy it so much once you get started that you won't need any other games for a while.

Blincoln, I didn't realise that Michael Bell was in Diablo II expansion pack, though if it is the expansion pack it has to be the Druid I guess. I can hardly hear the druid's voice when I play that game, even though I can hear all the others fine. I also read that Michael Bell does a few voices in the Transformers cartoons and the movie- another one of my favourites, though no cartoon character has ever had a voice as sexy as that of Optimus Prime.... it is hard to believe he is really a big red and blue truck...

Sue in UK
17th Jul 2002, 07:11
Originally posted by Nyriel
However, if I were you I would muscle in on the PS2 anyway. Though Diablo II is great and it should run on your pc as blincoln says. You will probably enjoy it so much once you get started that you won't need any other games for a while.

Think that's what I'll do - I'll have to set up time slots in order for peeps to get a turn on the Games. You never know - we might even see the sun, sea and beach while we're on holiday :D